The Richmond Retirement Residence - Belleville, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

A Warm and friendly welcome

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly and made my mother feel at home. The facility was clean and residents looked well cared for and comfortable. The rooms are bright and there are large lounge areas and dining area to accommodate family.

May move rating higher after I have been here longer. Had some staff help moving in. It's taken time to get used to the different sittings times at meals. Meals are good but service is slow when staff is short-handed.

A very good Retirement Residence

My husband and I really like The Richmond. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The meeting we had with [Removed] was very informative. She was able to answer all of our questions. Upon registering my mother-in-law, the doctor was very patient and kind to all of us. We have dined with my mother-in-law at The Richmond and we both thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate. We found the menu had good options. We have reviewed the activities schedule and agree that there is a lot of choices for the residents. The common areas are very spacious and comfortable. The Lower Level/activity room is comfortable and appealing.
My husband and I find The Richmond to be a very good Retirement Residence with a very fine staff.

This retirement home contrasted poorly with Amica. It was an older building with no sir conditioning nor WiFi. While it too offered similar meals, games area, it had fewer areas for the residents to enjoy, fewer facilities such as no pool. With about 85 residents it is much smaller and more intimate than Amica with its 200+ residents.Similarly priced it appears to be less of a bargain.My tour guide Marion was very engaging and helpful. She took steps to show me a variety of rooms.

The Richmond - Fabulous!

The Richmond is absolutely fabulous! The beginning of the journey was a complimentary lunch and lovely tour of the facility. The food was very good and the staff who served us were extremely kind, friendly and helpful. We observed this treatment not only with us but with the residents as well. There were many smiling faces and the atmosphere in the dining room was very relaxed. The tour allowed us to view all the various accommodations The Richmond offers. All of the common spaces were clean and tidy. Tea/Coffee/Cookies are available all throughout the day. All the activities that are available are unbelievable! There is no reason to be bored at The Richmond. They provide various religious services, movie night with popcorn, field trips to mention a few. Any questions we had, no matter how silly, were answered fully and with respect. The welcoming our father received was phenomenal.