Waterview Court - Shreveport, LA

• On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Weekly Houskeeping
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day

Could not be happier

My mother loves it here! The staff was wonderful from the initial meeting and now. Would highly recommend.

Truly a Community Feeling

I toured waterview because I had an urgent need to place both my father and my sister, and they needed to be placed together. Waterview is a facility that has been around for a while, but it has stayed well-kept and beautifully designed. The location is excellent with proximity to two major hospitals, doctors’ offices, banking, and shopping. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. [Removed], the manager has been super helpful with paperwork and any questions we’ve had. I also adore the fact that they have a nighttime security guard who constantly walks the community. If any resident were to activate the call system, the guard calls paramedics and reports to the scene within seconds. There are so many activities including exercise classes, game nights, and bible studies. The Shreveport Library also manages the library at the community. The food here is also good. They just hired a new kitchen person, and my dad is very impressed with how the new cook has been coming around to the tables and introducing himself to everyone in the dining room. There is excellent variety in the food options at every meal, and the room is spacious, clean, and well decorated. There is also a private second dining room that can be reserved for parties, so my sister is excited to celebrate her birthday there. Waterview is an excellent place. It truly has a community feeling. It’s like a family. All the people are so welcoming, and I feel it is truly worth anyone’s time to check it out.

Nice sized apts

Today is my mom's 98th Birthday and the chef ask her what she would like for dinner and he is going to prepare her a special shrimp Birthday dinner, One of the main reason I choose this community is for their larger apt sizes. Both my parents are doing well here the staff is very friendly and feel this was a nice fit for them.

I See A Happy Mom

Everything is going fine for my mom and the staff are helping her out. She tells me she loves it there. The care and experience is well. I have nothing bad to say about the community. She is totally happy with the community.

Love the Waterview

I love the Waterview! It has been such a rewarding career! The residents are such a blessing to me. I can't see myself ever doing anything else! The staff are like family. Someone is here 24/7.

Great experience, the staff is so friendly !

Affordable

Great experience and great tour! VERY affordable - thought was out of my budget but was so surprised at pricing!

Great choice

Happy that our family chose Waterview. The maint dept is always prepared to take care of any issues unlike the place dad lived before. The meals are well prepared and dad is finally putting some weight back on. From our experience I highly recommend this community and we are very pleased

Great Tour

Great tour and experience

Dr is happy we moved mom here!

Mom is really adjusting well and being more social. It was so hard to see her sit home and afraid to drive and this has been the best thing our family has ever done for our mother. She loves the food, entertainment, has met new friends and so thankful that we made this choice. Her doctor has noticed a HUGE improvement mentally and physically! If you are ever wondering if this is a great place, I can tell you it has changed my mothers quality of life!

Great Community

I have been very pleased with our experience so far! We moved dad in knowing he could no longer live alone. I wish we had made the decision sooner. He has been more social and eating better and finally gained weight. I would highly recommend this community and the staff were amazing during the holidays trying to accommodate our move and help us get adjusted.

HAPPY

So happy that we chose Waterview Court- mom was in the hospital and the Dr recommended this community- She has met several new friends and eating better- SO thankful we found this place!!

Glad we made this choice

My mom has been very happy here! She gets the meals that she needs and has made lots of friends. We were concerned as she was not getting out much and not eating well. This has been the best thing we could have done for her. Since my dad passed I knew that she didn't need to be home alone anymore. Of course she wasn't thrilled to be leaving her home but adjusted and is happier than she has been in a very long time!

Will visit again soon

The community was clean and very homelike. The staff were friendly and my friend has a very nice size apt there with her small dog. It is nice that you can bring a pet. She says the meals are good and I plan to join her for lunch soon. I was very impressed with Waterview.

IMPRESSED

This was the best location for us with mom having specialists in Shreveport that they even provide transportation to. The lunch that we had on our tour was very good and the apartments were so much larger than the other places we shopped. I could not have had a better experience and would highly recommend.

To Far for Us, but Tour Went Very Well

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. It is a very nice facility. Everyone was kind to my father, and I. The staff was kind, and informative. Our questions were answered. The only issue was the location of the community. My father didn't want her that far from us. Even though it wasn't the community for us, I would recommend for anyone to go to take a tour.

Prefect Community for My Father

This was the first community we toured, and my father loved it. He is doing great since the move to this community. He is eating very well, and has even gained some weight. The staff is great, they have been kind, and very helpful when needed. This is a retirement community, but it has some of the resources an assisted living community has. Which is a big plus. Everything about this community is perfect, and I'am very satisfied with my father move to this community. I would recommend it.

Impressive

I had a late evening appointment during the week about 530-6, I am still working and looking for future plans. I was given a great tour and invited for a meal. The community was clean and the residents were eating and the food smelled delicious and all the residents in the dining room looked very happy, This will be the only community I will look when I move. I will recommend to others and will be back for the meal she invited me too!

Lack of on-site amenities was a disappointment.

Very Nice

Nice accommodations! I had my reservations about my leaving my wife there, but was I felt much better about it when I met the staff and viewed the property.

Five stars

The activities there are just awesome and the food is good too. I was really impressed with the parking lot.

Beautiful facility in a great location. The staff is nice and professional. Residents are friendly. Variety of activities scheduled every month. I would highly recommend this facility for your loved ones.

This is an awesome place. I think anyone in need of this type of facility would be very happy here. The activities they offer are for all levels of disabilities, and the residents seem to really enjoy them. I would definitely recommend this place.

nice place and really sweet people working, at least the ones I have met are

Had great visit with my church!

Lots of activities, clean, professional staff and great location!

Coming soon!

This community is the most affordable that we looked at in the area! We had lunch and were impressed with the restaurant style dining and the food was good. We will be moving mom in next couple of months from out of state!

Being in the business for almost 40 years, I must say Waterview is one of the nicest senior communities in all of Shreveport! The staff go above and beyond for thier residents! Just love it, if I ever decide to retire, I may just move here!!

We chose Waterview!

My family and I toured several communities in the area and went with Waterview Court. They had cost efficient apartments, friendly/professional staff, healthy meals and lots of activities. Thankful for a place after my dads rehab where they could focus on each other and not worry about cooking and cleaning. They have staff 24/7 so I never worry about their safety like we use to. I would encourage you to see this community!

Highly Recommend

Seniors are very happy at this community and they have great staff, meals and activities! I would recommend to anyone looking for their loved one!

The Food Was Very Good

I liked the community and was going to move in but I noticed my furniture was too big and I had many items to fit in the room. It looked like a nice community and the food looked and tasted good.

Dad is Happy!

I moved my dad in from a nursing home after rehab. He loves the staff, meals, and activities. I am so glad I chose this community and all the staff were so professional when I made the decision to move dad! Thankful my dad is happy!

Needs A different Manager!

The staff from the community were all wonderful. My loved one was doing fine living here. The manager was the problem if they changed the manager this community would be 5 stars all the way. Meals were fine and activities offered were okay.

I'am Pleased with My Move Here

I'am doing pretty good since my move this community. So far everything is working out very well for me here. This is a lovely community, and they do a great job with the cleanliness. The staff is very kind and friendly. They have nice activities available. They have been accommodating to my diet restrictions. Overall I'am pleased, and I would recommend it.

Run-down Facility

When we went to visit this home it seemed to be run-down. The bathroom looked like it needed more cleaning. The roof had rotting boards. I also noticed some damage to the floor boards. There were different unpleasant odors encountered while walking through the facility. Otherwise, the place seemed to be fairly clean. The decor seemed outdated. The person we were suppose to meet with was occupied and had sent a maintenance person to keep us company until she could take us on the tour.

Mom is so Happy at WaterView

WaterView is so perfect for my 97 year old Mom. Mom is so happy now and feels so safe. Her apartment is small, but has wonderful storage space and her own patio.

The employees are loving and have shown such respect for my Mom. The dining room is flexible with their dining hours and the food is quite tasty.

Our only failure was not finding WaterView sooner.

She seems completely happy with everything.

She seems completely happy with everything. She has been pretty happy with the food. It's still pretty new, but she hasn't had any major complaints so far. Tina from A Place For Mom was very, very helpful.

2 thumbs up!

Moving my mom into the Waterview Court was one great decision I have had to make. The staff are wonderful, very helpful and very friendly. The food is amazing. I am an Lpn and would/will recommend the Waterview Court to anyone that asks me for my opinion.

Mom happy!

Had a great experience and moved my mom in. She enjoys all the activities and her meals. We made a great choice!

Presented well

My parents did not stay. They were not prepared mentally to leave home, but I was very happy with the place. They presented very well.

Not a clean looking place , repairs really need to be done. carpet was dirty and had musty smell. Food was poor. I was told there are always short on employees. Just not nice.

Waterview is Awesome

The staff at Waterview Court has been amazingly friendly and helpful. I feel like I have left my mom with family. I don't have to worry about her. The other residents are outgoing and welcoming. It is the perfect place for my mom.

Cleaning Crew needs help, unable to keep the place clean Too many breaks. No activities person, Food, not the best,
"Dining Room" no appeal- tablecloths are Not but rags all wrinkled. The only good thing when you go in, you will find a Very Special person sitting at front desk with a beautiful smile, very polite and Very very efficient - Ms Lisa
Unfortunately director of the place is part-time and no patience to hear residents or family. I wish that Corporate was more present .

Carefully consider

no activities person , and no maintenance man, director of place works part time. Corporate people rarely come in and never talk to residents. transportation is part time and not convenient. people constantly complain about food and house keeppers that dont know how to clean. Not a place for a parent!

Sister toured for me. She said it was neat and clean; staff very nice and so were residents. Lunch was very good. The small studio was just too small for me to feel comfortable in.

Mom is safe now

Mom loves the place. She has a spacious room. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The food is very good. Much better than the T V dinners she was eating. I feel so much better that she is safe and has new friends to talk with.

Happy Solution!

When it was time for my mother to move from her home, I contacted A Place for Mom. Within 15 minutes, I received a call from The Waterford in Shreveport and I made an appointment to view. My husband and our best friends were very impressed with the facility and services. When I took my mother to see the apartment, she said "This feels like home." And she has been happily settled in for over a year. She has made friends and still has her own private residence.

Please so far

So far we’re pleased. We haven’t been there very long. I hope that as my mother is there longer she fits in and starts getting interested in the activities. The more you look, the more idea you have that this is a quality organization.

Very caring and hospitable staff

I'm very pleased with the service overall. They're doing an excellent job. The staff in particular are great, they're hospitable, honest, and fair. The facility itself is very nice, it's always clean and well kept.

Great Place

Our loved on chose this community because they just felt like it was the best fit overall. After looking at multiple communities they really liked this one the best. The overall appearance of the community and the friendliness of the staff won us over. Overall it is a great place that we have had no complaints about. We would recommend it to anyone.

Drove through and didn't li...

Drove through and didn't like it at all from the outside.

I like this one best

I like this one best

Talked to someone here and she is sen...

Talked to someone here and she is sending us some information. If we go down for a visit to LA we may schedule a tour if we like what we see in the literature. The price range she quoted more reasonable than Summerfield Estates was.

Waterview Court is a beautiful retirement community with wonderful services and amenities located in Shreveport, LA. We are the area’s premier Independent Living Community and take great pride in serving the seniors of Shreveport. Our goal is to provide a supportive environment that allows our residents to remain as self-reliant as possible, in the comfort of their own private apartments.
Retirement at Waterview Court frees residents from their daily chores such as home maintenance, lawn care, cooking, cleaning, and paying bills. Simplifying life allows them to truly enjoy their Golden Years.