Colonial Village Retirement - Longview, TX

Great Meals!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far she has had no complaints of how things are going for her. She has made a smooth transition into her new living environment and is very comfortable in her apartment. The staff where very helpful with this process and are always attentive to her needs throughout the day. She has been enjoying the dinning experience and is very impressed with the meals they provide to all of the residents. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Mom was not here long

Mom wasn't here very long she had suffered a heart attack and a fall and the doctor had recommended that the family move her into a skilled nursing care center. But from the little time she spent here, she seemed very happy. From what she told me the food was good and she was being treated very well and cared for by the staff. From the limited time I was there, the community seemed to be clean and neat.

Nice care with assistance

I moved into this community. The staff have been informed that they have a mold issue. The staff is really taking care of me as far as eating. The staff needs to talk care of the repairs that are needed. They need to replace a lot this issue of the carpet. I have made a lot of friends. The staff needs to do a lot of repairs. The menu is very nice. They have a lot of activites. I would recommend this community if they could make the needed repairs.

A great tour

We had a great experience when we toured this community. The chef came out and told us to bring the family and they would make us a meal. The person that took us on tour was great. This community is for independent living and our loved one needed assisted living.

The price is not bad

My main concern with this community is that they told us they were able to accommodate our loved ones needs, however once they moved in they told us they could not. We felt as though they were misleading similar to a car dealership. The caregivers are nice and the food is decent. The community is pretty clean. My loved one has made friends and their room is nice.

Accommodating staff!

They go above and beyond when it comes to them being helpful with the needs of my loved one and other residents. They are constantly trying to make improvements. They have a good variety of activities my loved one has been making friends, I am hoping that she will join activities soon.

Happy With My Move Here

I'am doing very well with my move to this community. Everything is working out very well. Everyone has been very welcoming, and kind. The community looks great, and very well-kept. The staff is wonderful, they are always willing to help. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Mom Loves It At This Community

My mother is very pleased with her move to this community. She really loves it, and I'am very comfortable with her move here. The staff is amazing, they have been very kind. Every time I visit they always make me feel very welcomed. I've tired some of the meals, and the food is amazing. They do a great job with the cleanliness of the community. I have already recommended this community to my friends, it is a nice place.

My father's care

My father was very happy at this community. He was please with the care of the great staff. The community was always very clean and he enjoyed the variety of good meals that were served. He liked the activities that were offered. We would recommend this nice community for the good care and the value of a loved one.

After only 4 days

I have been living here for only 4 days and have been made to feel very welcome. Food is good, staff and common areas are very clean. Residents and staff alike appear to be happy here.

Clean and Friendy

My first impression was the cleanliness. The staff were clean--and food service staff all wore fine hairnets and if they handled food directly, gloves were worn.
The second impression was the friendliness of the staff, they appeared to be happy working for Colonial Village.
The reason for only giving 4 stars is because of the age and appearance of the building itself--it could do with an update (carpets in the hallways and corridors, pictures on the walls in the corridors, etc.)
The whole place seems to be stuck in the 1980's (popcorn ceilings, for instance.)
However, the reasonable cost per month helps to offset the cosmetic challenges!

Expensive!

I really like the Colonial Village Retirement. It is a wonderful place! I like the people and the fact that the place is very clean and well maintained. I have no complaints about the place, it is just a little pricey and I'm not sure if I will be able to stay much longer.

Mom Loves it Here

My mother loves this community. She is doing very well since her move here. I'am very satisfied with all they have done for us. She has really gotten involved in the community. There are many activities available. The staff have been amazing. They are very accommodating, and help make the transition a smooth one. I've tired some of the meals, and the food is good. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

No Real Issues Here

I have been getting along just fine. The only problem is there are more people who are older than me but it's no problem. The meals are are good for me but there is not much activities to do but that is okay with me. The housekeeping comes to my room weekly and they are doing a very good job.

Friendly residents!!

My favorite thing about this community is how welcoming and friendly the residents have been to my dad. They have greeted him like family and made him feel right at home, hes really enjoying the company. The meals have been tasty and have had lots of healthy varieties with good proportions. I have no complaints and would recommend this facility.

TLC Care

A very nice community with great staff who are very helpful and nice. The community is taken care of very well. They do offer alot of great activities for those who want to participate. I highly recommend this community for all around great care for loves ones.

GLAD WE CAME HERE

We made a life changing move when we joined this community!! We will always miss being in our own house, but do not regret our decision to make the move to this type of residence! Everyone here, both staff and residents, has been very helpful and welcoming! We would certainly recommend Colonial Village to anyone who needs to stop having to plan meals, cook, or do lots of housekeeping!! Now if they could just include ironing our clothes life here would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been really good and it has been an adjustment for my mom. She has made a lot of new friends and likes getting to know a lot of people. They are friendly and supportive. Once they decorated her door and had a birthday cake on her birthday. The chef came to her room to ask what she likes to eat. My mom plays bingo and likes that the activities room is across her room. There was an issue with her ice maker and maintenance came the next day. It financially a fit for her and I would recommend them.

Providing My Mother With Excellent Care

Everything is working out very well for my mother here at this community. They are providing her excellent care, I'am pleased. They do a very good job with keeping the community and the grounds well maintained. There a nice activities offered, she has tried a few. She is satisfied with the meals, the food is very good. I know she is safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community, it is a wonderful place.

Mom's Choice

Staff and residents are very friendly 🌼.

Very disappointed that a microwave we ordered (before Mom moved in) has still not been delivered and that was almost 3 weeks ago.
The hotwater heater in the closet is old and unsightly and we were told it would be covered but that hasn't been done either 🙁.
Mom has been at Colonial for almost a month and seems happy with her choice. As a family we are happy that she is close to family and back in beautiful East Texas 🌲.

A Win-Win Situation

My parents love it here, they are really enjoying their time here at this community. They have adjusted very well to the community. It is a good looking community, they do a very good job with keeping their room and the facility nice and clean. They have an excellent staff, they have been great to work with. My parents enjoy the activities. It has really been a win-win situation for us. The food is outstanding. I would highly recommend this community.

My Brother Liked Colonial Village

My brother moved into Colonial Village several months ago. He's doing really well. He likes it. He likes the companionship with the other residents and he likes the independence. He's doing really well. There's not nursing care or support or anything like that. It's more or less, basically an apartment with benefits. They serve three meals a day and clean every other week and do his laundry every week.

They have a bus and lots of activities. They have movies and parties and all sorts of things. They take them to Walmart every Monday. They will take him to visit mother in Summer Meadows. It's really nice. It's not cheap but it's definitely not the most expensive one either. He's still able to get the things he needs but he won't be saving any money but that's okay. I would recommend it.

Built on beautifully landscaped grounds with mature trees and winding pathways in a quiet, residential neighborhood, you’ll enjoy our elegant facilities and the convenience of being close to all life’s necessities. We’re situated near shopping, healthcare and many wonderful and unique local attractions. Take time to explore Camp Ford Historic Park, the Aviation Memorial Museum, the Tyler Museum of Art and Rose Rudman Walking Trails and Park. You’ll love coming home to Colonial Village, and we look forward to meeting you.