Summerfield Estates - Shreveport, LA

Nice clean place with good staff

A lot of the rooms are renovated. The cost is very affordable compare to other communities. They have some good employees there. The activities director and the sales guy are always cheerful and willing to help out the residents at anytime. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to stay there

Great People, but I Had Some Concerns

I toured here while looking for living options for both my father and my sister, and the staff are all super friendly people, wonderful people. I really appreciated how accommodating they were, but I had two concerns while touring: 1) I found that they allowed smoking inside the building, which I didn’t like. 2) I also learned that there were no security measures, no guard or staff there at night. It was based on “honor System,” which concerned me, because it would be easy for someone to prop open a door or something. While I like the people, this community had too many concerns for me to feel safe putting my loved ones there.

Ready to Move In

We had no issues and the move in went well. The correspondence between everybody was well. They handled all the info at a timely pace. My mom moved in quicker than we were expecting and the were prepared for her and she is doing well. After she got there she got sick. At that time they brought her food down to her and there is fee for that. She said the food is very good and she enjoys it. As far as I know the communication and cleanliness is going good.

This is a wonderful place

I had a wonderful tour here, the staff did a great job with my tour, showed me around and answered all my questions. I would have liked for my parents to have moved here as I have friends here but the apt sizes were just too small for what they needed.

Good place for mom

We find Summerfield to be a friendly community and one that mother enjoys. We appreciate the staff and their assistance. Mother seems to like the menu of the meals and the community events. I like knowing that she is active with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community as a good place to live.

Things are declining

The wonderful marketing director we spoke to before we moved mom in was gone after the first month. The executive director was not at the community when we moved mom in, however things have been declining since he has gotten back. They offered good nutritional food until things changed and that chef is no longer at the community. the staff have been nice to mom while she has been there. I am concerned things will not improve as long as the executive director stays in charge.

A great place!!

In the beginning, we had some hiccups but they handled it well. The place is clean and everyone is friendly. I think they run very efficiently.

Expected more

The staff and manager are wonderful people. All are very nice and helpful. The food is below average. Everything tastes the same and usually what is printed in the menus is not what is served. Can definitely tell they will use left overs to creat some odd meal. Some residents have difficulty eating some of the food due to dentures and difficulty chewing . The wait staff in the dining room are fantastic very fast, professional and very courteous. I was told if someone misses a lunch and dinner they will check on them. Have yet to see this happen. New residents are timid and afraid sometimes. The welcoming committee never came to show them around, to help them bring them in to the community. There is definitely a pecking order on who sits where in the dining room. Was just hoping they would of been more accommodating to new people and some of the residents who are shy.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Harzomil, thank you so much for the kind words on our staff and manager all being wonderful people. We truly love what we do, and only bring on people to our staff who feel the same. We also appreciate your kind words on our wait-staff, though we do wish we could have gotten better marks from you on our dining program. We are so happy to serve, and thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to serve and reaching out. Thank you Harzomil!

Overall Everything Is Wonderful

I have been very pleased and satisfied with the overall care my loved one has been receiving at this community. Everybody always seems to have a smile on there face and seems to be enjoying there time whether they are a staff member or a resident. Overall I have no complaints and I am satisfied with this facility.

A Good Time

I am happy with the proper care. The staff are friendly and helpful. My mom's room is a nice size with a fridge and a sink. We had to purchase a microwave for her and she gets weekly cleaning for her room. She seems to be happy with the service. The meals are not as good as before since they got a new cook. My mom has mentioned this to the manager and hopefully they will improve the meals.

Welcoming community!

Everyone at Summerfield Estates is very nice and everything is working out very well. The community offers a variety of options for food. They offer many activities that mom enjoys. They have several pianos throughout the community available for the residents to play or listen to. Mom has made several friends and seems to be very happy.

Lively & Fun

I happened to be in the area looking for someplace for my mom to move to. Didn't realize this was for the older crowd, but it worked to my advantage. What impressed me most was how fun it seemed. Everyone was laughing and having a great time. The sales lady was very knowledgeable and helpful in helping me understand how to best make plans for the long distance move. I just couldn't convince mom to move here to Shreveport. If I do, this is where she will be. No doubt about it.

So far they have been great.

So far they have been great. It's clean and the staff is friendly. There are a few maintenance issues that seem to be taking a while to get approved and completed, but other than that we are pretty happy with them.

Cutest Apartment

My sister had the cutest little apartment here with a beautiful patio and gate, but she did end up needing more care then they were able to provide. This was a great community we loved everything about it. It looks amazing and very clean. The staff here was very nice and accommodating to my sister. I noticed there were lots of activities for the residents. Only things they need improvement on is the food it could be better. This is a nice and friendly community that I would recommend.

Review of Summerfield Estates - Shreveport, LA

Would not want to live here. Did not find building or grounds attractive. Staff did not appear interested in providing a tour. Only attractive feature was that apartments were well lighted and appeared airy.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Alexa, thank you for reaching out and sharing these comments with us. We appreciate you coming out to visit us for a tour, and appreciate very much your kind comments around the apartment's appearance, although we did regret to hear you didn't find the grounds to your liking. Nonetheless, we appreciate you reaching out and taking the time to share your reflections with us. If anything ever changes, we are most certainly and happily here for you.

Review of Wentworth at Draper - Draper, UT

A very friendly place. My Mother has been living there for about a month and she seems pretty happy. She loves the food and says everyone is very helpful. I feel that she is in a safe and happy place.

very nice

Summerfield Estates is very nice. I almost was ready to move in there myself. It does need a little maintenance work but they working on it. There are tons of activities going on. I think this facility is really nice.

Great Place!!

danger

This is really not a safe place for the elderly. There is a very mean bully on the premises who is [removed] to women and handicapped men.

The manager, Edwin Hubert won’t do anything about it: he says there is nothing he can do; or he reported it. Whatever, he does nothing is done to rectify the situation. As hard as this is to fathom he advised me to run when confronted by the man.!

To show that I am not just a bad sport go through the dining room at meal time. And ask the other residents and they will verify what I said.

You can also call Ed at [removed] and listen to excuses as to why he won’t help us.

My experience with Summerfield Estate...

My experience with Summerfield Estates has been wonderful. It's an amazing facility for my parents. It is apartment style living with lots of amenities. They really enjoy the fact that they are around people their own age, and are able to participate in activities. The staff is wonderful too. Overall I'm satisfied with their services.

Great activities, dining and transportation needs work.

The food is awful and none of them eat it. The air conditioner has been out for a week or two in the dining room. The bus is broke down. The activities are great they constantly have something going on. They were also the least expensive place we could find.

Everything is pretty good,

Everything is pretty good, but the thing is they tell her that they will be right up after lunch or first thing in the morning, then they don't. They don't seem to follow through with what they are going to do. I think she is pretty happy. I think the food is very good, I would give that a five, there is a choice and they will bring her something if she might miss it. The people are friendly. No big complaints, just the follow through.

The place to be

I can not stay enough good things about Summerfield Estates. Everyone at Summerfield, from sales manager Rick Bauer, the managers, events coordinator, housekeeping, etc. have all been wonderful. My mother has been treated like a queen!

Two weeks after moving in, Mom fell while walking her dog. She needed several stitches in her forehead and fractured her wrist. She was transported to the ER within minutes of her fall and the staff literally waited on her hand and foot while she healed.

The meals are generous portions and are very tasty. Mom loves the choices that are provided each and every day.

I would highly recommend Summerfield Estates.

Summerfield Estates

The tour with Rick Bauer was excellent. We were looking for a place for my mother, who was living in Florida. Rick arranged for a weekend visit and Mom absolutely loved Summerfield. This past weekend I flew to Florida and drove a Uhaul truck back to Shreveport with all of her belongings.

Everyone at Summerfield is very friendly and helpful. My mother was very excited to be moving into such a loving and caring environment.

I Feel At Home Here

I have been here now for 3 months and I could go back to my home now but I've decided that I really like it here and I'm going to stay. It has really helped me with the social aspect of my life. There are activities which I really like, like bingo and dominos - we play mexican trains a few times a week. The food is certianly adequate. It's not ever going to be exactly how you would cook it but I like the food. I have a lovely apartment with a patio and access to the outside and this is a pet friendly place.

I really like it here. I feel at home. The only thing is I think needs to be emphasized about Summerfield is that it's an independent living facility. It's really not a place for Alzheimer's patients unless they have an aid that stays with them all the time.

We are leaning towards this facility.

We are leaning towards this facility.

looks good

looks good

Nestled in the scenic Southern Hills region of Shreveport, you’ll love the elegant grace of our property and the convenience and color of our community. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, golf, casinos and superb restaurants.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind