The Waterford at Edison Lakes - Mishawaka, IN

This is where I want my parents to make their new home, I'd like to live here

Mom is Doing Well

My mother is well here in this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. They have a good staff, and I know she is in good hands. She is doing well, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. This is a facility I would recommend to my family, and friends.

We were most impressed with Waterford at Edison. The facility is bright, clean and up to date. The energy level of the people there (staff and residence) was very high. They don't require residents to come to meals at any particular time an they have physical therapy available on-site. The apartments are much bigger than I though they would be and I was told the $1,500 move in fee covers total replacement of all carpet and flooring in the unit, which my mom liked.

Female biased decor/ mix assisted and independent residents

My uncle lives here and I visit often. It is more female based ( hair salon, decor and female staff). There are issues with food service and it needs to improve (especially dinner). The hallways are too narrow and they mix assisted and independent living. Not a good idea! Also residents smoke outside ( usually in your way when you are trying to leave. I do not recommend The Waterford for independent living men.

very helpful

They are very friendly at The Waterford at Edison Lakes, and very helpful when it comes to the tours and giving you all the information you need, and addressing any questions.

I have had meals with my dad there a few times, and from my experience some of the wait staff can improve a little. They are friendly but forget requests, can take a while, etc.

Overall though everything has been very good.

A good place to call home.

We have been treated well and my father seems to be adjusting.

good experience

They have a very good mix of people with a clear-cut understanding of the needs of the residents. They are very well versed in the needs of different residents and how to offer them the specific care that they need. It has been a positive experience.

Review of The Waterford at Edison Lakes Assisted Living in Mishawaka, IN

This is a lovely facility and appears to be staffed by caring people. Residents are not limited to a schedule for meals, and there is quite a variety of entrees, etc. to choose from. I had lunch and it was very tasty. They also offer a nice calendar of social activities and events both off and on campus, quite a few happy residents participating. The Front Desk was a bit busy and I'm not sure what the safeguards are in place to prevent a resident from 'wandering off'. Otherwise, it appears to be a very pleasant place to live.

I had scheduled apt had to ...

I had scheduled apt had to cancel sick. Was expensive but Kristiana promised to beat other facilities prices.Assisted and Independant. Restaurant style 2 meals 9-6 Capital

Did not like the facility o...

Did not like the facility or the rooms. Saw maintenance needs throughout.

Kristiana Donahue was nice,...

Kristiana Donahue was nice, but they will not accept Medicaid clients.

nice, but more for independ...

nice, but more for independent living. For assisted living I would go elsewhere. But the physical building was beautiful. And the rooms were by far the nicest we saw out of several facilities.

Large rooms. Friendly.

Large rooms. Friendly.

Live like a princess or prince at The Waterford at Edison Lakes, an Independent Living community in Mishawaka, Indiana, that boasts a new building and beautifully manicured grounds. Our community in the “Princess City” offers the freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone. Say goodbye to home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with personal laundry and linen services social and recreational activities and weekly housekeeping. The Waterford offers a number of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans with some of the most desired amenities available. Walk-in closets, wall-to-wall carpet, individual climate controls and 2-inch mini-blinds on all windows provide the comforts of home with the privacy our residents deserve. Our dining room throws out the traditional scheduled service and instead offers two restaurant-style meals anytime between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily so residents and their families and friends can come and go as they please. Our caring and professional staff will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation to medical appointments or excursions around the city that offers a plethora of dining and shopping options.