Brookdale Granger - Granger, IN

Brookdale Granger - Granger, IN has yet not published prices.

In Laws Doing Well In This Community

My in laws is doing pretty since their move into this community. They are doing well, and we are comfortable with their move to this facility. They have adjusted well, and we know they are in good hands. The staff is kind, and are taking good care of them, and their needs. The community is well-kept, everything looks nice when we visit. They keep the residents active with the activities they offer. This is a good, safe community, and I would recommend it.

Great Care for Mom

The care at this community is good. The staff is nice and attentive. The meals are outstanding and we like them. the community. is clean and a nice environment for her. They do offer activities and church services for the residents. We like that this is a smaller community for my mom. This is a great value for the special care that we need. We would recommend this community highly.

A good tour!

I toured Brookdale Granger along with a few other facilities. This community was nice and seemed to be maintained nicely. The person that took me around was fairly and informative. The deciding factor was location, other than that this place was a good choice.

Bright, open, good atmosphere. Friendly, upbeat staff.

A Small and Cozy Community

My mom is adapting pretty well and she has been more calm lately, which makes me feel better. The community is great and have done very well with Assisted Living. The care and promptness is here. My mom participates in all the activities and has won things from bingo. She eats suitable meals. All around I am satisfied and picked them because they are a lot smaller and all on one level.

Happy go lucky!

My loved one is really started to adjust to being in this community. They are doing a great job with him. The staff is super friendly and they are helpful. The food is good and the chef's make sure that if he does not want something they fix him what he does want. I am very pleased with everyone here. The CNA's are great and they do an excellent job with the residents.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale looked like a nice enough place, the facility was clean and well kept and the staff was friendly. However, it didn't seem quite as active socially as some of the other places we toured, there didn't seem to be many residents out in the common areas.

Nothing to do

Lack of activities has made for long days. Residents have nothing to do. The dining experience is less then appealing. Call lights are not answered in a timely manner. Management is not feasible during the day.

Very poor sevice

This place is so understaffed my family member has haf to wait for assistance longer than acceptable. Outings have been cancelled and there has been limited activities. Management are rude and so unprofessional

Better as Emeritus

Activitiesvhave been lacking. We were told that a new director would be hired however that has not happened. Outings have been cancelled. Emeritus was a better company and I am not impressed with Brookdale. The food has been bad and staff changes frequently. The ED has an open door policy however it is always closed.

This place is completely terrible. The management is rude, they don't know what they're talking about, and working with them is a complete disaster. I remember speaking with a woman named [removed] who was completely disrespectful and rude, and it seemed as if she didn't even care about my mother who was at that point a resident there. After hearing about multiple other residents getting [removed] by the CNA's and nurses there, I decided to pull my mom out of this hell hole.

Brookdale Senior Living

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Nice place overall, some room for improvement

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Arborwood, my loved ones seem to be doing well there. The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly. There are a few ways I'd like to see them improve, however. They seem a bit understaffed, and sometimes you have to wait a bit before you can find someone who is able to assist you. The food could also use some work. I'd also like to see them add a secure outdoor area where people can walk without worrying about getting lost.

Amazing memory care!

Emeritus at Arborwood is an absolutely fabulous place! I can't tell you how much of a relief it is knowing that my Mom is somewhere with a staff that is so in-tune with the needs of their residents, and so patient and caring in the help that they provide. The staff and the residents all seem like one big happy family, she is really getting along great with everyone!
The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have so much to offer their residents in terms of both care and amenities. If your loved one is in need of a secure memory care community I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

Review of Emeritus at Arborwood Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Granger, IN

It was a very nice place for assisted living and memory care. The activities director was very personable and they had a lot going on there. It was clean, airy, and cheery!

It wasn't what it seemed like it would be.

It wasn't what it seemed like it would be. They say they do activities and art projects, but they would just be sitting in the activity room, sleeping or just sitting, and the staff would be doing the crafts. For those that are totally impaired and not quite able to make judgments this is not the right place, if you loved one is too far gone for participate and communicate, then it's fine. Their response time was sometimes lacking, sometimes taking 10-15 minutes to get to them.

They do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job. The staff is friendly, and it's a clean community. She loves the food, I would give it a five. Sometimes she says it takes a little while to get to her when she has to go to the bathroom. I'm not there so I am not sure if it's just her or if it really is taking a while, I have not timed them, but it is something I have heard.

I never rate anything top across the board but that place is exceptional.

I never rate anything top across the board but that place is exceptional. They are very clean and very friendly. That place is exceptional. They provided the information needed, and explained the full services up front, without having to pull the answers out of them. I liked that I could call anytime day or night and someone is there to answer the phone and didn't sound rushed. They have enough staff to take care of everything. They are really good about communicating with me too, they call if there is anything I need to know.

Very friendly staff!

They seem to be doing a great job here so far, everything is high quality and I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff are all very friendly and doing a great job helping her adjust to the new living situation. We're very comfortable with Mom being here, and we feel like they're going to take great care of her.

We aren't too happy with the place

We aren't too happy with the place, and the food is really bad. They have had three different directors in 6 months. I really think that if your meal is good you would feel good, the meals need to be better. It seemed to be nice when we visited and it was centrally located for all of us.

It hasn't been the best.

It hasn't been the best. I chose Arborwood because it seemed like it wasn't a nursing home setting. You have some people that really care and others are just looking for a paycheck. Things guaranteed wouldn't happen and the way things were going to be and he isn't getting the kind of hands on care that they promised. It was guaranteed that the laundry was done separately, but his clothes still all have to be labled and the new sturdy hangers we bought are gone now. The food is just awful, I called and asked what they were having for Thanksgiving, they said prime rib, and we were told no matter what it was two dollars for guests, they served me turkey slices, and the residents got prime rib, he couldn't even cut it or chew it, I heard other residents complaining of the same thing. The first couple of times I ate there it wasn't bad I was impressed. They really stress and promote and say how great a place it is. It doesn't smell, but I was very disappointed. His room is smelly, I don't smell it in the hallway, they guaranteed they would keep him dry. The activity room is not organized at all it is just piled up stuff. I don't think the sales person in this situation fits what the facility is doing they make it sound like this wonderful place and we had to fight to get what was promised. I think it's the Staff I think it's the people that just think they can get by.

Kelly Roggo was very helpfu...

Kelly Roggo was very helpful, but her facility is too expensive.

Visited on Saturday Oct 19t...

Visited on Saturday Oct 19th with Kelly. My sisters and I thought Kelly was very compassionate and knowledgeable about our mother's health condition. The practices of the community will help our mother thrive, and think this will be a good fit for our mother. So much so, that we placed Mom on a waiting list.

Clean. . Friendly. Spa tub ...

Clean. . Friendly. Spa tub access for Dad.

Very friendly. Clean, safe...

Very friendly. Clean, safe. Has access to a spa tub for Dad. Large bedroom.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.