Tanglewood Trace - Mishawaka, IN

Thanks for being Home

My mom lives in the independent section at this time. It is such a comfort to know that if 24 hour care is needed she doesn't have to leave this facility. It is a beautiful, clean facility with many amenities. The staff is wonderful. They are all very compassionate and caring. I highly recommend Tanglewood to all. When my mom moved there 2 years ago she was having a hard time adjusting. Everyone went out of their way to make her feel at home. Now it's home and someplace she loves.

I really liked this place and the differences in independent and assisted were very clear and helpful. I could see my parents ending up here and would be very nice, clean and the one story is awesome !

Nice Tour Overall

My husband, and I toured this community for my in laws, and their needs. Our tour went well, this is a nice community.The community looked nice, from what we saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was kind, and helpful. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. We did find a better match for my in laws, and their needs. However our tour of this facility was a nice one.

Highly recommend!

A little over a year ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer and at the time lived over 4 hours away. I was her primary care giver and eventually I needed to move her closer to properly care for her. I looked at many places in town and Tanglewood was the most reasonable for her budget. She started out in independent living and as the cancer progressed, she eventually needed 24 hr care and was moved to the assisted side. The nurses and staff went above and beyond for my mom. I felt comfortable leaving her in their care while I worked. They were very attentive as her needs changed and never complained They were always friendly and willing to do whatever was needed to make her feel comfortable. They also worked very well with hospice to help provide her care. I would highly recommend Tanglewood Trace to anyone who is looking for supportive care during such a difficult time.

Nancy,
Condolences on the loss of your mother. Thank you so much fro sharing your family's experience with Tanglewood Trace during your mother's transition. We are gratified that our compassionate team members provided you with much needed support. Many thanks for the kind comments.

Mother in Law Very happy living here.

My mother in law has lived there for 3-1/2 years now in the independent living side. She is quite pleased with the staff and the value. She never lacks for something to do. She lived in a different center where she was paying more than double what she is paying now, so she is quite pleased with the value she is receiving. As family, we are pleased she is happy and are comfortable with the security of the building and security in knowing someone is always around day or night should she be in need of someone. I would highly recommend Tanglewood to your or your family member. If she has one complaint it would be that sometimes the food leaves something to be desired.

Constance Barr

We appreciate your input and are delighted that your mother is happy at Tanglewood Trace. It truly is a lovely community staffed by a caring and compassionate team. Activities and food are important issues for our residents, both of which are areas we concentrate on and strive to improve. Providing for a wide variety of dietary needs is an ongoing challenge. Our goal is to manifest our mission statement: Creating environments where joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Tanglewood units look outdated and, although they had some great move-in specials, those were limited to specific, less desirable units. The only two bedroom, two bath they have was in the assisted living area, which they said could be used by my parents without assisted living add-ons. Maybe it is not unusual but I thought it strange that the assisted living and independent residence are on the same floor, with separate side-by side dining rooms.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your impressions of Tanglewood Trace Senior Living Community. We often receive accolades about the beauty and unique features of the building and were surprised by your characterization as "outdated". The only difference in the apartments offered at special rates are that they are a bit farther walking distance from the main dining, activities, and front desk areas. Some residents consider that an advantage, a built-in fitness program and a quiet section.

A nice place to stay!!

The staff are really good and they are good at communication. The food does not quite meet my mom's expectations. They offer daily activities and mom enjoys playing cards. I would recommend this clean well taken care of community.

Constance Barr

We appreciate your kind words and that you have taken the time to share your family's experience with others. The dedicated team at Tanglewood Trace provides exceptional care and strives to treat the residents like family members. We are delighted that your mother is happy in her new home and socializing with new friends.

A big community!!!

The tour was really good. We met with the director and they were nice. The community seemed clean. They had an event going on and there were some snacks available, They were a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your impression of Tanglewood Trace. Our Administrator and staff at this community are extremely dedicated to providing exceptional care for our residents. We appreciate the accolades. If your situation changes, please do consider Tanglewood Trace.

Tanglewood is a wonderful facility. The place is bright and cheery. It would be the a real prize if the grounds were gated to prevent residents with wandering tendencies from getting away.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions about Tanglewood Trace. Since we offer exclusively retirement and assisted Living options at this community and do not serve Memory Care residents, a locked and gated environment is not appropriate. Wandering and elopement are rarely an issue. We do offer individual "Wander Guard" devices which alert staff if resident become confused and leave the property. We also have Memory Care communities available in the area, if you or your loved one still have a need.

Respite Visit Was Good

My mom stayed at this community for a short respite visit. During her visit she enjoyed activities like bingo, popcorn social, and bible study. The community was clean always and my mom was an independent person that she did not require personal attention. The staff are all in general good and nice. Everything went good and we were happy in the end. I would recommend this community for a respite visit.

Constance Barr

We are delighted that your family had a positive experience at Tanglewood Trace, where our compassionate caregivers looked after your mom and gave you a well-deserved rest. It was good of you to take the time to share your thoughts and we do appreciate it.

The Right choice

The attention that Mom is getting at Tanglewood makes our family very happy. Mom Is a little slow adjusting but everyone at Tanglewood is so patient and helpful. The staff is cheerful. We are very satisfied with our choice for Mom

Constance Barr

Ms. Wilson, thank you for taking time to share your review of Tanglewood Trace. We are very proud of the caring team at Tanglewood and are delighted that your family's experience is a positive one. Your mother is definitely in good hands and will undoubtedly make new friends.

Nice place, responsive staff!

Our experience with Tanglewood Trace has been a very good one! The staff here is friendly and efficient, and they do a great job taking care of the residents. They're very responsive, you never have to ask them twice to take care of something! The only complaint I've heard from my loved one is that the food could be better.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to share about your loved ones experience at Tanglewood Trace. We are very proud of the dedicated team at this community and are delighted that you have had a positive interaction with staff. While we recognize that it is a challenge to accommodate a wide-range of dietary needs and tastes, we are always striving to improve our dining services to provide residents with tasty and nutritious meals.

Highly Recommend Tanglewood Trace

Ridgeline is the new management company for the residents of Tanglewood Trace. My Mother received care from the staff that made our family at ease. They handle their job with love and respect for their residents. The many activities are creative and designed to keep a majority of the residents involved. Ridgeline has improved the dining experience and polls the residents for their favorite recipes. The housekeeping and laundry is staffed by people that want the residents to feel at home. The nursing staff and aides went above and beyond the call of duty keeping my Mom clean and healthy, Tanglewood transportation is first class. Handicap accessible and available for all residents five days a week. The Tanglewood facility is not your normal Assisted living experience it well exceeded all of our expectations.

Dear Whitteman Family,
Thank you for taking time to share the lovely accolades for Tanglewood and Ridgeline. The respective teams at both companies are passionate about providing the best possible care and quality of life for our residents. We strive to live our motto: Creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Enjoying This Place

My mother in law lives here and she's enjoying it. The people are so friendly. We have had a positive experience here. I would recommend the Tanglewood Trace. It is a very nice place and a good value.

I'll shop around more next time.

Sales staff could have been more informative. They were friendly, young, smiled, but weren't all too informative. Gave me a stack of papers to sign at that was just about it. My Uncle is 84, had to go to rehab, at the same time his wife died of brain cancer. Anyway after he was released from rehab I got him into Tanglewood. They didn't tell us about the 1,500.00 "Community Fee" up front, said it was for cleaning, painting, new carpeting, and administration costs. Well I moved him in and there was no new paint, no new carpeting, and no cable hook up. The general housekeeping appears to be cosmetic. I had to pitch a fit to get his cable hooked up. I talked to a family and it took them three weeks to get cable. They also want a months notice to move out. You don't know what your loved ones body is going to do. Well my uncle fell And broke his hip So back to rehab as they dont provide that service. So we had to give a months notice and had to pay 2,000.00 for an empty room. I'm 57 years old and had to move his furniture out by myself. I left an old chair and got a call from the business agent saying they couldn't release the room till I removed the chair. What did I pay 1,500.00 for? As far as my uncles care I'll give them 8 out of 10. The administration I'll give a 4. Good riddance.

Brookdale Senior Living

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

I think it's really working out, and I am pleasantly surprised.

Things are going pretty well. She is starting to get adjusted and settled in and feel like this is her home. The staff is really friendly and they keep it very clean. It is very expensive though. They have transportation to shopping and things. Sometimes when she needs some assistance getting to bed and stuff, it can take a long time for them to get to her. The food is okay, sometimes it's cold though, the coffee in the carafes can be lukewarm sometimes. She picked this place, she liked that it was big, and that they had a lot of activities to choose from, and a larger amount of people to fit into. I think it's really working out, and I am pleasantly surprised.

Stay away! Do not put your loved one here!

My father has been here (in independent living) for a little over two years and we have seen it go from great to terrible quickly. The food is terrible (there is RARELY something I would eat), it is never clean, and the only people who are friendly are the receptionists. If you talk to management, they ignore your requests and treat you like an idiot. Management lies to you and then on top of the disaster that is Tanglewood Trace, they had the nerve to raise the rent 7%! My father will be moving very soon because I hate giving these people money that do not care whatsoever that this is THEIR home and maybe you should listen to the family members because they know a heck of a lot more than you think. Unfortunately, the activities director, Liz, is leaving. She is wonderful, but I'm sure they will just hire some random person off the street to take her place since that is what it seems they are doing here. I wish Atria still had control because everything was so much better then. The lifeline NEVER works and I know of one lady who laid on the floor for 4 hours until someone came. 4 HOURS!!!!! That is unacceptable and should NEVER happen.

Good Community

The community is clean and the staff is friendly. It was very easy for me to rate them a five. I didn’t have to think about it at all. We’re happy with the care services and activities that are offered. We don’t have anything unpleasant to say.

My mother said it was an excellent place!

My mother said it was an excellent place! The staff is made of very nice people! We don’t have a complaint about anything! My mother loved the food love.

It didn't seem like they were ready for us when we moved in.

It didn't seem like they were ready for us when we moved in. The room was kept pretty clean, and a couple of times the room was rather a mess. The nurse Linda, I was not too happy with her. There were medical procedures that were conducted without my permission, or even notification. Michelle was most helpful and cooperative, Celeste was outstanding, I can't compliment her enough. A few others did well, if you are somewhat healthy, you are probably fine. They have great activities, the activities director is wonderful. Calvin is an outstanding young man, what a great C.N.A. Todd is a terrific director of food services, the food was delicious. The maintenance was good. Stephanie was always concerned about me. Brenda did a fine job. The receptionist was wonderful. The rooms were nice, I liked the accommodation and size. The doctor they have on staff there is outstanding, very proactive. It's a beautiful facility.

Emeritus some transportatio...

Emeritus some transportation costs. Doc on call

Jennifer Andrews was nice, ...

Jennifer Andrews was nice, but they will not accept Medicaid clients.

Good assisted living facili...

Good assisted living facility. We almost placed my mom here. Only didn't because it was farther away from where I live. Nice, clean, residents seemed happy. Not a place for someone with moderate to severe dementia though.

Concerns About Their Life Line Program

My dad is in independent living so I'm not too sure how the care is. I know my dad's neighbor took a fall and he said the life line never came. He had a fall the other day and he said it was 35 or 40 minutes until the got there. I called them on it and they said it was only 8 minutes so I'm not sure how long it actually was. Overall I think they're friendly people, it's a nice place and it seems pretty clean but I do have my concerns with their life line program.

Ironing out some issues

Tanglewood is a really nice community. The staff is friendly and the community is well maintained. Our loved one is happy here. We had issues with them during the initial move in time. They kept giving us a move in date but it kept changing so we had to continuously change the date for the movers and furnisher delivery. They really made a difficult situation even more difficult. Even though we could not move in we still had to pay for that time. During the time of the issues we were starting to wish we hadn't signed a contract with them but once we finally got moved in and settled in it was a big turn around. Now we are very happy to be here.

Jeff Yeager

Thank you for your feedback. At one point, we did have some construction that did not finish on time, causing problems for move-ins. We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We're glad you and your loved ones are happy here now and please do not hesitate to speak with the Executive Director if you have any other questions or concerns.

Visited, had a tour and lunch. Very ...

Visited, had a tour and lunch. Very nice facility and I am interested!

Loved, loved the place. This is the ...

Loved, loved the place. This is the place I would love to put my Dad!

My mother is living here--8 years, fi...

My mother is living here--8 years, first in assisted. As her condition changed we went to independent with a full time private caregiver--more of a companion. This is not fitting my mom's needs--she has no training in Alz.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system