Brookdale South Bend - South Bend, IN

Brookdale South Bend - South Bend, IN has yet not published prices.

My parents have been here a year now. It is adequate & they are cared for, but not always & not consistently. As is common in these places, there is a lot of staff turnover & not much accountability. Either it’s someone new who doesn’t know what they need, or someone who leaves something undone for the next shift to handle. It has been mostly okay & definitely better than them living by themselves, but it’s not perfect. I gave them 4 stars because what they do is hard & staff comes and goes, but the backbone of it is strong and they do try to make it feel like home & they do have some activities.

Very Good Overall

Overall, I feel that Brookdale has been doing well for the short time my loved one has been staying there. There some things that we were initially led to believe would happen that have not actually happened yet, such as the internet access. However, I will say, that the staff has been very good overall. They seem to be responsive and helpful, so I am hoping we can work together to come up with satisfactory solutions to my loved one's needs.

Very welcoming. Lots of amenities included in the "basic service." Many activities and considerations for residents. There is a wide range of services available according to residents' needs.
We appreciated the attractiveness of all of the communal areas. We especially liked the private dining areas that could be reserved for family gatherings.
Apartments seemed a bit small, but of course there is the entire community space to enjoy. The outdoor court is lovely and the possibility for outdoor activities, including gardening, is great.

Feeling very grateful.

I found Brookdale through A Place for Mom. It is small and has promised to be quite personalized. My mother moved in 2 days ago, so I don't know how it will play out, but when we have had questions or encountered a problem, the staff was very responsive. My mother is trying hard, for her part, to make a pleasant life there.

Not The One For Us, But Tour Went Well Overall

We toured this community for my in laws, and their needs. Our tour went well, and everyone was kind. From what we were shown the community looked nice, and appeared to well maintain. The staff was helpful, and friendly. Our questions were answered, and the experience went well.

Tour Was A Good One

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it went well. The community was nice, and clean. Everything looked nice, and appeared to be well-kept. The staff was kind, and helpful. It was a nice experience, and my tour was a good one overall.

Unfortunately Did Not Work Out For Us

Unfortunately my father in law was only in this community for nine days, and they informed us they were able to provide the level of care he needed. With that information we did have to move him. I feel is he didn't have his medical restrictions, this community could had worked out well for him. It is a nice community with kind people.

Like the smaller community and floor plan of facility.

Friendly, upbeat staff. Older facility, reminded me of a nursing home. Small rooms.

Indiana Assisted Living

They have been very helpful walking us through what needs to be done to get our family member moved in.

A so so community

The food seemed ok, however I think the portions are to small. They did not have a lot of activities. It did not feel like they had time for dementia residents. The staff were kind to me. I saw some things that could have been improved. They did not have individual care plans for each of the residents. If your loved one does not need a lot of attention than I would say you could look into this community.

Fabulous Brookdale!

Brookdale of South Bend is fabulous! Mom has been there for two weeks and I have no complaints! All the employees treat their residents like family. Mom did not want to give up her apartment that she loved for 15 years, but she has found that she LOVES her home at Brookdale. I would highly recommend this home for your loved ones.

They Go Above And Beyond For You

I would rate this community the highest rating! They are really wonderful here at Brookdale and I am very pleased with our choice to move my uncle here. It is by far the best community that we have seen. They really go above and beyond to help us. Even my uncle who has dementia said the place is great and he is happy here. We are very impressed and would recommend for anyone to take a look at this community.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff we met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Exceptional Facility

I think that the staff is very attentive. My loved one is very complimentary of them and has told me he feels they are very caring, so I would say the staff is exceptional. They have also recently remodeled the facility, so that is all real nice. The activities seem to be fairly repetitive though, so I think there could be a little more variety. He also really likes the food.

Very nice place!

My loved one was only here for a brief time, but I was very very impressed by the level of service provided by Brookdale South Bend! The staff here is friendly and professional, and I think they really outdid themselves caring for my Mom. The facility was clean and well kept, and they had a lot to provide for the people who live here. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area!

now brookdale

IT has been renamed to brookdale same place.
the short time my mother was in there it was a wonderful place. The help did everything it could to keep you happy . wonderful rooms neat and clean . Less then half the money of other places in town with so much more.

1ST CLASS PLACE

It has been renamed to Brookdale. My mother was only there for a week but the service she got in that time was second to none. The people working there are very friendly and will do anything to help people out. I give 5 stars to everything, would recommend.

one of the best

I put my mother in here and was very pleased

Great place for Dad

A wonderful homey atmosphere. Small community just perfect for our dad with Dementia.

Very nice pet friendly community

Sterling House has done a good job overall taking care of my loved one. It is a nice looking, clean place, and the staff have all been very friendly. One thing that I was really impressed with is not only did they let Dad bring his dog, but they really bend over backwards helping him take care of it.

I was extremely impressed w...

I was extremely impressed with the facility as well as the staff. We were able to speak to a couple of the residents as well and they had all very positive things to say about the facility.

Polly was very helpful, but...

Polly was very helpful, but with no acceptance of Medicaid, too expensive.

Small,nice clean. Caring st...

Small,nice clean. Caring staff. We didn't end up placing my mom here, but not because of any defeciences at this place I liked this place. Only negative, it was expensive.

Brookdale South Bend is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Brookdale include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected