Very welcoming staff. Clean, well lit and accommodating to residents.

Too clinical

I toured the Brentwood at Niles. It was a clean and well-maintained facility. The staff was friendly and helpful providing answers to any questions I had regarding the care they would provide for my loved one. It had more of a clinical feel to this facility. I chose another facility that was a better fit for our care needs.

Daughter

The core staff there is awesome, but there seems to be a lot of new faces that don't seem to stay around long. The space is small, not fancy and a bit tired looking but the care is good. I have not observed any activities but I am usually there during the evening hours or weekend. My mom's room, which is private, is a nice size accommodates her necessities. All the patients/clients/residents seem to be comfortable and content.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. Your candid feedback is important to us as we strive to constantly improve the services to our residents. Regarding your concern about the turnover among caregivers, I'm sure you can appreciate the challenges involved in this critical function. We have very high standards for the care extended to our residents and sometimes people are not up to the challenge. We are gratified that your mom is settling into her new home and hopefully creating new friendships too.

My nice home and care

I like this nice community. The staff is outstanding and very helpful. The variety of the meals is good. We like that they offer a lot nice of nice. I would recommend this great community to other who want a good place to call home and a nice value for the care.

Constance Barr

We appreciate your kind comments. Brentwood at Niles is an exemplary senior living community and we are very proud of the level of care they provide. they regularly manifest our company mission statement: Creating environments where moments of joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day. Thank you again for the accolades.

They can do much better.

I have a parent living at Brentwood. Initially I felt very good about Brentwood and the services, the well-trained staff, the skilled nurses, and the administration. Over the past 4 years I have seen all of this go down hill. After being bought out twice by other companies the older skilled staff is gone and has been replaced by young people. The original nurses have gone, the administrator is always in her office, the one superb employee is now gone and I'm hoping the activities don't become status quo and childish. The list of amenities that are listed are quite embellished. There is no place for outside activity at Brentwood and others that are stated as being there are not. All in all my parent is safe, it is clean, allows pets, and she is fed.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are glad to hear that your parent is safe in a clean home environment. With regard to the amenities mentioned,you may not have had an opportunity to view our newly designed website, which has been vetted for accuracy. Also, the listing of available signature programs do vary among our various locations. We are always always striving to manifest our mission statement:
Creating environments where moments of joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day. Your feedback is appreciated.

Good Care

The care is great at this community. The staff members are very helpful and nice. The food seems to be very good here. They do offer her activities to stay active. A clean community. We would recommend this to other families for good care and value.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Brentwood at Niles and the endorsement to other families. We are constantly striving to manifest our mission statement: Creating Environments where moments of joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Great place for your loved one

They are friendly, will call you by name. Mom is settling in, and starting to open up with everyone. They keep it spotless and it always smells good. They have so many services to offer, which surprised me. Helps to relieve a lot of the family care giving.

Constance Barr

We appreciate your comments and are delighted that Brentwood at Niles has relieved the care-giving stress for your family. The team of compassionate folks at Niles are dedicated group. It is gratifying that your mom is happy and feels at home.

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience with Brentwood at Niles has been a good one! It's a very friendly place, and they do a good job keeping everything looking clean and well kept. It seems like a very active place, socially. There are various sorts of entertainment they bring in, and happy hour a few times a week. My one suggestion would to be to have activities a bit more frequently.

Nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff we met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Constance Barr

Thank you for touring and taking time to share your impressions of Brentwood at Niles.
Despite not being a good fit for your loved one at this time, we hope you will consider Niles in future if the situation changes.

It's going well so far.

It's going well so far. They like it there, and are settling in. The only issue we are having is with billing. We spoke with them last month and thought we had it figured out, but with the new invoice we saw the same thing, so we are waiting to hear back about that. Other than that, we really like it.

Staff Entering Apartment; Going Through His Things

My step father is a resident of Brentwood. He has often told me someone (staff?) enters his apartment when he is not there. It is evident his things have been moved around as if searching for things, lights turned off he knows he has left on. He voiced his concern, was not taken seriously, and the uninvited entering continues. I feel this is a personal safety problem and he should be able to leave his apartment without worrying who and why (someone) has been in his apartment. It is also an invasion of privacy.

Another problem that has come up is at times no one comes to assist him to meals. When he mentioned this, one excuse was they heard him talking on the the phone and didn't want to bother him. He takes insulin daily for diabetes and it is dangerous for him to miss meals.

I do not live in Niles and am not able to bring his concerns to your administration. Please look into these issues so there is resolution.

He very much enjoys the food served and activities that are scheduled.

My Grandmother has been a resident at Brentwood for a year and a half. We both could not be happier. The Staff is wonderful. When I come to visit I'm always greated by name. I have never asked a question that didn't have an immediate answer. The Nusring staff is outstanding. They update me on a weekly basis.
I like how everyone employed there knows my grandmothers name and makes a point to speek to her.
Wonderful place if you are looking for assisted living. always clean, meals are fantastic, rooms are spacious, bathrooms are all well equipped.

Unhappy

Honesty should be your motto which you failed miserably with my mother in law. She did not benefit from your memory care unit at all. She was nothing more than a number to you people. You did evaluate her twice. Shame on you.

Sam Pollock

In accordance with orders from the State of Michigan, our Memory Care Neighborhood closed its doors in July 2013 and all residents had to be discharged. We understand that relocating a loved one can be a stressful time, and we would like to address your comments regarding your loved one’s care but we need more information. We invite you to reach out to our community management team or our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics so that we may resolve any concerns you may have.

The safe and facility are great.

The safe and facility are great.

They are a beautiful place and if you are fine mentally then no worries.

I thought I liked it, but after a short time, it became clear that if your loved one doesn't understand the protocols and procedures, this isn't the right fit. Their screening process isn't that great, the doctor put dementia on the medical form and they disagreed and said that it was just memory loss, and asked the doctor to change the wording in the diagnosis to reflect that, to be in compliance with what they are licensed for. I am disturbed that they won't let someone with dementia in, but memory loss, which is also part of dementia, is something they think they can handle. They could not. They had a few individuals there that were just great. Managment is so scared to lose their license and are just over cautious and having knee jerk reactions. They didn't do much better than he did with medication. They did his laundry and lost it. And told him he was wrong. They would be good at taking care of different levels of people with a physical ailment maybe, but not a needing mental help. They fed him well and the apartments were beautiful. So if you are mostly independent, it would be fine.

Really liked the facility a...

Really liked the facility and Tiffany. Not sure if a 1 bedroom is big enough for mom and it's on the 2nd floor. Mom and I are discussing.

Escape

We chose this community because the Alzheimer area is new and was very secure during our visit. We paid $5,600 dollars and my father was only there two days. He got out and ended up in a local hospital. We thought this location was really safe and secure but my father proved our thoughts to be wrong. We are now talking to them about getting some of our money refunded and they do not call back. This happened over a month ago and we have yet to receive a callback about any refund. We are very disappointed in this community and would not recommend it to anyone. We thought we would be at ease with my father’s care and we ended up worrying more.

Memory Care Placement

We recently moved our aunt into the memory care unit at Brentwood. The staff there is very friendly and accommodating. The facility is very clean and cheerful. They have a small outdoor area where residents can enjoy being outside in a safe manner. Food is served in a nice dining area and staff actually eat with the residents. There is a small area where residents can watch television and there are several different activity stations for residents to enjoy. The rooms are very spacious and include a large bathroom. Residents can also have their own television and phone service at a very reasonable rate. The nurses' station is located in the center of the area so they can see down both halls and keep an eye on what's going on.

very basic

very basic

toured with the Director; assessed Mo...

toured with the Director; assessed Mom's level of care as Level 4. inclusive of medication management which I think would be an excellent idea even though Mom wants to continue to do this herself - it would free her from dealing with pill bottles, obtaining her meds from a pharmacy, dropping her pills and losing them etc, etc.

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.