The Waterford at Columbia - Columbia, SC

[name removed] and I lunched together and discussed my mom's personality, likes, dislikes, hobbies and needs. My mother loves being out and about;mshe'd go out every day if I could fit that into my schedule. Having said that, the Waterford staff doesthe most admirable job scheduling weekly shopping events, outside luncheons, monthly and other periodic activities within the Waterford community and outside the community at other Columbia based organizations. Events is a time consuming task. The numerous social offerings to Waterford residents speaks to the commitment that staff believes the residents should enjoy. I truly admire that dedication.

Nice Community

We toured The Waterford at Columbia. The staff was friendly and they gave a nice presentation of their community. It was a clean and well-kept community. It had two levels and I was worried about lights shining into the first-floor windows. Our loved one was not wanting to be on the second level.

Good Move

My brother seems to be doing fine here it is the right place for him to be. He is slowly making friends. He is going out to stores on shopping days and doing some of the activities. He is getting used to the food it is much healthier than what he was used to eating. They have laundry on-site, in fact, it is right around the corner from his studio apartment. Everything is in one building the dining area and activities so no one has to go outside to get to another part of the campus. The staff is very friendly and nice.

Excellent Experience

I had a wonderful experience during my time in this community. Everything went very well, and I was pleased with all they had done for me. I just wanted to be back home with my wife, but if ever needed I would return to this community. It is a really nice community, and I have nothing but good thing to say about it. Everyone was very cordial, and welcoming. I made some nice new friends during my time here. This is an excellent community, and I would recommend it.

A positive experience!

The Waterford at Columbia has been a good fit for my mother. She is in a studio apartment and it has sufficient storage as well as good lighting. The food is not what she accustom to, its more southern style meaning they have their big meal in the middle of the day and the smaller one at the end. She is enjoying the activities as well, her favorite is the adult coloring.

[Removed] showed me around campus and floor plan options. Plus is an available full kitchen in each apartment. Lots of variety with meals and daily activities.

It Was A Good Insight

I liked the tour I had and got to see how the staff go out of their way to welcome us. They use a current resident to pair with new resident to show the new resident they way of the community. They also have a lot of day trips. The staff were accommodating and warm and I wanted my dad to go here. He did not like that it is an older facility.

I would live there if I could

The Waterford at Columbia is great. Dad checked himself out of the facility. He wanted to be on his own and not pay so much. It was nothing to do with the facility, it was all him. I would live there if I could. It was a great facility.

Friendly and pleasant atmosphere.

So far so good. Only been there 2weeks. Mom is independent but some of the features in the apartment are not easy for her to reach.ie top cupboards, racks in closet, needed hand rail in bathroom. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Food is plentiful and delicious. Just what we were looking for.

This is a wonderful facility! We had a fabulous visit and tour, saw the nice accommodations, and had a delicious lunch with residents and families. This would be a great "match" for my mother! Thank you for all your time and your energetic visit!

Had a great visit. The facility was very well kept and clean. Every resident I saw was very happy. The food was very good. Carrie was really great. She answered all our questions.

We are very happy with them. It's very clean, and the staff is good. They really like the food and we have tried it too, it's pretty good. It had an overall nicer appearance than some of the others we toured. It just seemed a little better kept. So far things have worked out well.

Very pleased with this place!

We've been very pleased with The Waterford at Columbia so far. They've done an excellent job, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff are friendly and caring, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. We're glad we found this place, and would definitely recommend it to others!

The facility is wonderful. The staff ...

The facility is wonderful. The staff is excellent, food is good. They have quite a few activities to offer.

Smiling Faces

I looked at 10 facilities and while there might have been a couple of facilities with a little more sparkle,
Sylvia and her staff at the Waterford made me feel like they would work harder to help you overcome any issues often associated with health or ageing. There is a personal comfort level that's hard to explain. This is an independent living facility that helps you extend you time there before having to move to a facility with more extensive services. If visiting facilities, look to see if the residents are smiling!

Very nice, so far!

So far I feel like they've done a very good job here, I don't feel like I can give them a 5 yet since my loved ones haven't been here very long. The facility itself is very clean and always looks nice, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. They do appear to have a good variety of activities, although my loved ones haven't participated in many of them yet. I've been impressed with the meal service, the meals are portioned well and they've got a good variety of dishes that they serve.

I like what I have seen so far.

I like what I have seen so far.

Close and convenient. Has amenities w...

Close and convenient. Has amenities we need.

At The Waterford, you'll find the freedom to create the lifestyle you've always wanted.

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community.
The Waterford proudly presents a staff of experienced, detail-oriented professionals at your service. From our executive director to our culinary chef, to our housekeepers and wait staff, you'll find warm and friendly people truly concerned about you.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options so you can paint your days with the colors of life.

The Waterford was created to provide chore-free living in an elegantly-appointed, yet affordable environment.
So say good-bye to the worries of living alone. Say good-bye to home maintenance, housework and utility bills. Say good-bye to cooking, yard work and driving (unless you wish to).

Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Waterford, where you can paint your retirement any way you please.