The Crossings at Columbia - Columbia, SC

My son and I were very impressed: attractive décor at entry point, absolutely clean surroundings, friendly staff, adequate space in rooms. [Removed] presented all the info we required. Very pleased and will keep this in mind as I observe how my life goes. [Removed]

Close to family

This location is perfect it is only about a mile away from house. At first, he was put into a small studio room but once they determined that was not going to work they upgraded him to a larger 1 bedroom and he is close to the elevator he is doing much better.
At the time of the tour, one thing that I was assured of was that there were going to be men within his age group which at the current time there are not they are much older.
He does seem to like the food not as much as the place he was at before but when asked they will accommodate his request for what he wants to eat they are very good about that
The staff is extremely friendly. The communication in the beginning between myself and the staff was a little bumpier however it is improving.

Tour for care

We toured this community for mom's care. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions we had. We did like the cleanliness of the inside. The had activities that were offered. They did not have a room at the time that we need care for mom. We would recommend this community to other families

Take a look at this community

The person that took us on tour was nice and upfront with us. They did let us know mom would not be able to live here as they were not equipped to take care of her needs. The community is clean and seemed well taken care of.

My tour!

This is a brand new beautiful community. It was a little to expensive for us. The staff I met were nice and answered my questions.

Lovely place!

The Crossings at Columbia staff are very friendly and accommodating. The community does not feel like a facility, it feels like home. It is very clean and well-kept.I am very happy and I have had a wonderful experience with A Place for Mom!

The Crossings

I could not be happier with the Crossings of Columbia. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. In fact, my mom's doctor has commented how much improved the communication is between this facility and their office In marked contrast to the previous facility my mom was in which neither returned the doctor's numerous calls nor consistently provided her daily blood sugar measurements as requested. The movers that moved my mom into The Crossings were even duly impressed, giving it 5 stars and high praise over anything else in Columbia they had seen. My mom is responding positively to the wonderful food , consistent care and nice staff too. She is laughing more and engaging with others more also. In fact, a relative called me a couple of days ago wanting to know if mom's meds had been changed. I replied "No". Then she preceded to tell me mom and she had talked for a long time about old times, something my mom has rarely done in the past. My relative was floored. I am very pleased. I will always be thankful to "A Place for Mom" for recommending The Crossings to my family.

The Crossings was amazing! Dee Hook, Anne, and staff have done an amazing job in making sure that every little thing has been taken care of! All areas are perfect for assisted and memory care! My mother would be very happy there!!! Thank you for such a wonderful tour and caring spirit! 5 stars for sure!!!