Deepwood Estates - Lexington, SC

Nice Retirement Home

We have been here over 6 months. We find the staff very helpful, friendly and willing to assist in any way we ask. The food is good although not southern cooking. The facilities are very nice and clean.

Mom's Comfort

We like the care at this community. The staff is nice and always helpful with her needs. The community is clean and we like knowing that she is cared for nicely. The menu is good and they offer a nice variety. We like knowing that they are trying to get her involved with the activities with the other residents. We would recommend the care and value to other families. I like that this community is close to home.

Things are working out well

My brother is adjusting well at Deepwood Estates in fact he will be moving to a two bedroom on the first floor once they get it ready for him to make the move. He is starting to take part in the activities and enjoys going out on the field trips sightseeing and having lunch out. My brother is starting to make friends and they come and knock on his door inviting him to come join them. I will say that the food is terrible and they have said that they are working on that so in the meantime I am working to setup an acct with Uber so that he could go out to dinner. There is the geriactic doctor on staff that see's the residents on a regular basis which is nice so they do not have to go out for their appointments.
I would recommend Deepwood Estates the staff are very good, their friendly and they care about their residents.

Excellent value, excellent service!

The referral process was easy and accommodating. Everyone involved has been helpful and friendly. We believe the offerings at Deepwood Estates are superior and an excellent value. The only complaint we hear from my mother-in-law is running out of quarters for bingo!

Food was good, place was clean. No washer dryer in rooms. Rooms on the small side. Nice staff. Good location, nice campus with walking path.

Deepwood Estates is very nice!

My wife's 93 year old father did not want to leave the home he has lived in since 1960. We wanted to get him in a place closer to us (he was 1.5 hours away) that we hoped he would enjoy. Deepwood Estates has been a blessing. It is clean; it offers a variety of programs daily; it has a nice selection of food at each meal; and its staff is caring, responsive.

Staff were helpful and friendly. We are looking for a larger apartment. Wall paint in the apartment was drab and unappealing.

Staff is easy to communicate with.

They are very helpful,they give me information and always answer my questions and call me back.They were always willing to explain things I didn't understand.They offer a pool room,my uncle enjoys playing with family when they visit him.They also offer an exercise room and activities by the dining room.
The first day I toured they fed me dinner and it was very good. My uncle also has a kitchenette in his room so he can easily snack between meals.

Overall great community!!

My loved one is really enjoying her meals and dinning experience that they are providing for her. The staff has been great at motivating her to get involved in multiple activities throughout the day as well as taking her on different outings during the week. The staff and administration have overall been wonderful to my mother I am very pleased.

Really Good Experience For Us Here At This Community

My mother is doing very well here at this community. It is a well maintained community. There was new carpet in my mother's room, everything is very nice and clean. The staff is very lovely. She is happy here, it has been a really good experience for us here. It is a nice and open community, I haven't had any problems here. The dining area is nice, and the food is good. Alicia from a place for mom was very kind and helpful. I'am pleased with her move here, and I would recommend it.

Deeopwoods

Manager was new and had to read the contract with me as he had never seen it before.

Phone service is very limited and I still have not resolved.

It is very clean and a very nice atmosphere.

Staff is friendly helpful and will do anything you ask..

My Friend Is Well Here

This is a lovely community, with very kind people. My friend is doing well here. He is happy here, he is really getting involved in the community. There are nice activities offer. He is pleased with the meals. I know he is being cared for well.

My Mother Is Enjoying Herself Here At this Community

My mother is really enjoying herself here at this community. This is a lovely community, they are taking very good care of my mother. Everybody here is great. I know she is safe and being cared for well. Everything has worked out great for us here. I would highly recommend this community.

A New Home for Mom

We needed a place close to our home to move my mom very unexpectedly. The staff at Deepwood was wonderful and made a difficult situation much easier to manage. We are all very happy with our decision!

very caring

We have had a very good experience at Deepwood Estates and would highly recommend them. The people at Deepwood Estates are all very caring. They are keeping my mother safe & secure as well as active and very well cared for. It has been better than we even expected.

This is structurally a nice building but the decor in hallways and rooms needs updating. (Dark colors, heavy furniture make the small rooms feel closed in. My mom is looking for a place where she can choose to cook some meals. These apts do not include any cooktops, with the idea that 3 meals a day are provided, so why cook? Most elderly people don't eat three meals a day, so wonder if the cost of paying for all three is worth it. We liked that the managers live on site and know the residents.

Close to my home, prompt helpful staff

I like that it's really close to my house; this was especially important. My mother got a first floor room, so she can get in and out of the room without having to go through the building.

They have full meals in the dining rooms, and they also kitchenettes in the rooms. They also provide transportation to activities.

I like that the place is well organized. If you need help with something, the staff are easy to find, and quick to answer the pull cord when I test it.

Deepwood Estates....best of the best!

Larry and his wife Judy are just wonderful. They are one set of managers that live on the property. That one assest is why we loved this facility. It is located on a beautiful wooded area in Lexington. The apartments are well designed for adequate space and they provide linen services that other facilities do not. They have a lot of options for dining whether it is breakfast or dinner. Each apartment has at least 3 pull cords for the safety of the resident. The alert goes directly to the manager's pager so the resident will have help there immediately. Overall, my mother in law, my husband, and myself preferred this facility over all the others we visited.

Review of Deepwood Estates Independent Living in Lexington, SC

Nice facility, great staff. Larry and his wife, Judy, are the managers of this facility and do an amazing job taking care of the residents. This facility is number one on our list of where we would feel comfortable having Mom live there.

Mom loves it there

Nice place. Clean and decorated nicely. Prices go up too often but sometimes they will work with you. Judy that works there is super nice. Staff works too hard. They serve meals and have to clean apartments too so the cleaning is not the greatest. But this isn't the staff's fault. The facility needs to hire more people. Meal times take too long. When you go down for lunch, you sit there for almost an hour waiting on your food which isn't good for the clients. But overall, it is a nice place. My Mom loves it there so these are the faults I see as her daughter.

They do a very good job.

They do a very good job. The community is clean, and the staff is friendly. The food is pretty good. There is not really anything so far, that needs to be improved or done better that I could see. I chose this particular community because I liked the location.

So far it’s so good.

So far it’s so good. It’s definitely a good value for the money. We haven’t used the care services yet. The food hasn’t been great. We’re rate the food at a four. We haven’t had any trouble with the laundry service that I know of yet.

decent community

This is a clean community. The staff is friendly. Their care services are good for what they’re set up for. We don’t have anything bad to say about them. It’s a good community to check out that might meet your loved one’s needs.

We visited this Estate. it ...

We visited this Estate. it was very nice,friendly and very clean. The rooms were a little small and our furniture is a little bulky. The price is too high for the size of the apt.

Didn't provide enough care

Deepwood looked great, it just didn't have the care we thought she would need and it wouldn't provide what she would need. It's more independent living, they don't have caregivers on site, they just have residential managers and I know they have pull cords and they would have responded if there was an emergency.

Love!

We're very, very happy! Mom is really happy. She's getting the right care now. She was borderline diabetic and that's all gone away. She's eating the right food to maintain a healthy weight. I love Deepwood Estates! The people there are so professional and friendly and caring. My mom really knows the people there and I think that has made a huge difference for my mom.

LOOKS GOOD. WON'T BE MAKIN...

LOOKS GOOD. WON'T BE MAKING ANY DECISION FOR 6 MONTHS.

Really liked this place and...

Really liked this place and parents actually seemed interested. Will work to take them to visit.

I have been disapointed with Deep Woo...

I have been disapointed with Deep Woods failure to provide a wheelchair accessable bus for my loved one there so they can participate in bus accitivies(shopping,Christmas light tour,etc.).I was also shocked to learn that no one on staff has had even basic CPR training and choking assistance training.
Food is acceptable but a dietician on staff or available to review special diets for residents would be helpful.

the facility was beautiful inside and...

the facility was beautiful inside and out. the food and dining room was wonderful. the people were very nice. only problem i had was staff was so pushy about getting us to sign right then. we kept telling him we couldn't make a decidetion right then but he kept pushing. this facility is still not out of the question.

I went to Deepwood Estates, I like w...

I went to Deepwood Estates, I like what I seen so far.

mom and dad really like this one for ...

mom and dad really like this one for the main reason of live in managers that are there 24hrs. a day. We like that they don't have happy hour every Friday like Southlake does (wine) because of mom and dad's past addictions. my husband and I also liked the 24hr a day managers that will answer calls whenever a resident needs them.

Just minutes from the scenic shores of Lake Murray, you’ll fall in love with our comfortable facilities, beautiful grounds and stunning views. Residents appreciate the convenience of being so close to the heart of it all, with shopping, healthcare, restaurants and entertainment just minutes away.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind