Forest Pines - Columbia, SC

I have had previous dealings with this community and though it is a nice community I just didn't think it would be the right fit for my brother. For one it is too big and spacious for him. The residents seem to have previous relationships with each other such as may be neighbors in a previous community or neighborhood, etc. so I felt it might make it more difficult for my brother to establish a friendship with anyone. The staff is very nice and friendly here and they keep the community looking good and clean.

Mom Is Getting Comfortable

My mom is doing great while becoming a resident of the community. I have seen the staff treat her very nice and I have eaten there a few times so I know it is good. When I visit her they stop and talk with me about any updates. I would recommend this community to others.

Accommodating Staff!!

My fathers apartment is a perfect fit for him. It has lots of great amenities and some really pretty views from his windows. The staff at this community are also outstanding. They get an A plus on customer service and I very much appreciate the many accommodations they make for my father. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

The right place!

This community is wonderful and I love the staff. My loved one is very happy here and I actually referred someone here already. The staff really does care about my loved one. The community is clean and smells good.

My Dad Is Content

It is a very nice place and it is a newer facility. The staff do a great job cleaning the community and every Thursday my dad gets his room cleaned, it always smells and looks clean. The staff are warm and welcoming. They took the time to understand his like and know his name. The meals are not his usual and there is one option for substitutions.

"I'm home"

From the minute my uncle walked into the facility, he said, "I'm home". Not only did the staff make him feel welcome, but the residents also welcomed him. He was able to bring his pet with him for a very reasonable cost. It is located very close to Ft Stewart and the VA Hospital. The food is excellent and there is an alternate menu for those who do not desire the entrée served at lunch or dinner. The only reason I gave the care service a good instead of an excellent is the fact that this is an independent living community. There is a minute clinic available on premises and there are excellent services that you can contract with who will come on the premises and give care for a very reasonable cost. These are not services provided by the community but available to the residents.

Glad we picked this facility

We have stayed over night and really got a chance to see how this facility works. They have a small issue with insects in the apartments that need addressed, and the wait staff in the dinning room is sparse. But over all we think our family made the right choice picking Forest Pine. The Management staff is really on top of things.

Mom Is In Good Hands

My mother has surprised me with how well she is doing. This is a lovely community, I'am very pleased with everything. The staff has been extremely kind and friendly. I have nothing but the highest ratings for this them. It is a very well-kept community. My mother's room is always clean when I visit. Any concerns I've had they have handled in a very responsive manner. She is trying the activities that interested her. The meals are nice and well balanced. I know she is in good hands. I would highly recommend this community.

I would recommend.

I would recommend if others have a relative who needs an independent living community, this would be the place to come. My parents are doing well here. The staff will even bring their food to the room so they can enjoy the meal in their room instead of the dining area.

Very nice place

Forest Pines is a very nice community! The staff here are friendly and helpful, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here. The facility is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer the residents.

Afraid my mother needs assisted or memory care and this is independent.....Very nice facility and staff!!!

Situated just outside of Columbia’s downtown, you’ll enjoy our beautiful grounds and facilities while enjoying all of the convenience and culture of the state’s capitol. We’re just minutes away from shopping, three state-of-the-art hospitals and wonderful destinations to explore.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind