Taking care mom

We felt welcome when we first walked in and only needed to tour 2 more facilities before we knew that the Villas was the one for our mom. She stayed there a little over a year. We were comfortable and did not have to worry.

At 90 years old and with significant dementia, they took great care of her, helping with personal hygiene, meals, and making sure she could attend all the events.

Her room was always tidy and clothes were clean and we stopped by often. The food was fresh and cooked in the building every day. The staff always called if they were concerned about something.

The last 2 weeks of her life, the staff were very considerate and caring. I stayed with her in her room and they made sure to check on me, too. Even though she was mostly unconscious, every one of the staff stopped by at least once a day to spend a few minutes.

I just can't say enough about the care she received in her building. All I can say is:

Thank you for being there.

Cathy,
First and foremost, our condolences on losing your mother. It was truly our honor that she and your family decided on our neighborhood, and we appreciate you taking the time to share her experience. Our residents are our family. It means the world to us to know that she enjoyed her time here with her neighbors and our staff. She was a delight and we will continue to remember her. Your family remains in our thoughts.

Respectfully,
Bobby Larson - President
Innovative Senior Living, Inc.

I toured this community

This was a nice informative tour. It was a locked facility so people couldn't wander off. It was a group of small homes with about 7 or 8 people in each home. The staff was so helpful to us and explained why it would be the place for them. Couples can't really go there it is just for individual people with memory loss.

I toured here and I really liked it. The tour was great and I loved the set up. I just found out some bad reviews about the place and didn't want to have any issues for my friend.

Bobby Larson

I am so happy that you enjoyed your tour and were impressed, and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts. If you have any reservations or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. I would love the opportunity to share information about our neighborhood and all of the benefits our community provides to our wonderful residents.

Regards,

Welcoming staff!

I toured many communities with one being The Villas at Houghton. They all had their advantages and disadvantages. This community was nice, the tour guide that took me around was knowable and friendly. It was a good experience, but not the best for my loved ones.

Bobby Larson

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your tour of our community and had a good experience with our amazing staff. We know the importance of providing a qualified and caring staff, and are so glad you noticed that during your time in our neighborhood.

Each and every one of our residents are unique, with individual needs, which is why we have an experienced RN develop a specific care plan within the first 14 days of moving in. This allows us to provide the best care for each person, so if you would like to discuss in more detail your loved-one's personal needs, please do not hesitate to call me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I Couldn't Be Happier

On my tour here I enjoyed moment seeing this is what we were looking for. The staff are loving with attentive care. After working hard and finding the right mixture of medication my husband is doing much better. I trusted everything they did and they genuinely cared. He is not interested in the activities available but he loves the meals. I ate with him fresh, natural, and dietitian recommended meals. They do a great job and it is personalized. I am thankful for them. As I recommend the community to friends, it is encouraging to hear good feedback about their experiences as well.

Bobby Larson

Our sincere thanks for sharing! I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better with his medications. When someone is requiring various prescriptions, it is imperative that every detail is closely managed.

I am also glad that you and your husband are enjoying the meals we offer. We work with dietitians, and rely on the input from family members such as yourself, so that the meals satisfy with nourishing results.

Let me know if you ever have any questions or suggestions.

Air Conditioning Could Improve

There is one thing the could improve on, in the unit my mom was in, there is kind of like a front, private dining room, and the air conditioning is really bad there, so it was always really hot. That was about the only negative thing though.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for letting us know about the air conditioning situation in your mother's Villa. I appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your mother. It is always our goal to improve the quality of life for the elderly and their families in our communities. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specifics of your mother's situation so we can remide the situation. We routinely have the air conditioners serviced because we understand that the heat can have a greater impact on seniors. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience by calling the main Houghton phone line and asking for Bobby.

Sincerely,
Bobby Larson- President Innovative Senior Living Inc.

Very helpful in reviewing what was needed; costs, etc.

Bobby Larson

Thank you so much for the great review!!! If we can be of any further help please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

very family like

I really like The Villas at Houghton because it is a small home where the residents have a very family like atmosphere. There is one caretaker on staff at a time who is like a part of the family as well and does an excellent job.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to review our neighborhood. I am very pleased to hear that your loved one has been enjoying their care. I would love to share your feedback with the entire team, they love knowing our residents and their loved ones appreciate their service. I would love to know which caretaker you are referring to, so I can properly thank them. You can reach me at the The Villas at Houghton main phone line. Also, let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help make your loved one's stay more pleasant in the future.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

It's an incredible place, it's immaculate...

After we got her into her place, we found that there isn't a lot of communication between the staff and the family. They are all very friendly, but I have to dig for information. They don't say here's how she is doing and here are some suggestions. It's an incredible place, it's immaculate, and the accommodations, are well above what I have seen.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced in the care of your loved one. I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. It is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and support for their families as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were talking about to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

Another one of those places.....

Thought the place was a lovely environment, however I felt like that we were promised things in the beginning that no one followed through with on their part. Also we were told visitors were okay , however that is not the issue. I don't think they can handle family visiting residents they seem to only be able to handle residents that perhaps have dementia or no family visiting.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to review our neighborhood. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced in the care of your loved one. I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. It is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and support for their families as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were talking about to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience.

The best in Tucson!!

My mom has lived here since 8/14. The care is the best you will find in Tucson. What we really like is it is a community. There are 9 houses with 10 residents and 2 caregivers minimum per house during the day and 1 caregiver at night. Every resident has their own bedroom and private bath and the common areas are wonderful. There are activities daily and residents are taken to the activities if they are in a different villa. The caregivers and other staff are wonderful. The food is good too. My mom is very happy there.

Mary,

Thank you for the support. Our goal is to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and their loved ones. We like to think of ourselves as a community, a family if you will, and we take every measure to insure that the quality of care and amenities let us reach that mark. I am so glad that your mom is happy with us, and we look forward to seeing your around the community. I will definitely share your kind words with our entire team, as it is so encouraging to hear how their actions affect the lives of others. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever have anything that your mom needs or wants that we can help provide. Thanks again

very caring

It always looks spotless every time I go there. My mom fell the other day and they were immediately there to act promptly. It turned out to be just fine, but I was really impressed with how quick they were to offer top notch care. The staff is just wonderful! They chat with the people, getting to know them personally, getting them involved in the activities, and are all around just very caring. They are very adequately staffed, making the ratio between staff and caregivers much better than most other places.

I highly recommend The Villas at Houghton!

Bobby Larson

Thank you for sharing your impression of our community. I am sorry to hear about your mother's fall, but am I am glad we were able to get there quickly to help facilitate a speedy recovery. Our approach is that of a family/home setting, and so it is also very encouraging hear from our residents and their families. Thank you again for the kind words, I will be sure to share them with our entire team, they'll be glad to know their love is shining through in everything that they do.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

Small communities in a larger community

After a month and a half at The Villas at Houghton, my dad is doing very well. The staff are all very nice, and I believe he is getting very good care. One of the things we liked the most about The Villas is the fact that it is a large community (60 residents currently, 90 when the final three villas are completed) made up of smaller communities (each villa houses 10 residents). So mealtimes are smaller events, while activities might have 20 or 30 participants.

Bobby Larson

Rich- Thanks for the wonderful review. I am glad to hear your dad is doing so well. We always appreciate hearing that the work we're doing makes a difference to you and your father. I am excited to share your words with our entire team. Please stay in touch, and let us know if their is ever anything we can do to help make your loved one's stay more enjoyable.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

They do a good job, overall

So far they've done a good job here. The facility itself is very well kept and clean, and the staff have been friendly and caring. The care is adequate, and they seem to have a good variety of activities going on.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for the kind review of our community. We always appreciate hearing that the work we're doing makes such a difference to you and your loved ones. I am excited to share your words with our entire team. Please stay in touch, and let us know if their is ever anything we can do to help make your loved one's stay more enjoyable.