The Village at East Farms - Waterbury, CT

Beautiful community. [Removed] was an excellent tour guide. Hopefully, we can get my aunt into this community very soon. Great atmosphere! Residents look happy and well cared for. Very happy having discovered this community.

Very Nice Place

Mom is not doing too bad she has adjusted to her new surroundings quite well. It's a very nice place very clean and kept looking good. She is doing some of the activities they are offering. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Overall she likes the food they offer 2 choices at dinner time and if she doesn't like what they are offering they will accommodate her and make her what she would like.

Happy Care

This is a nice community. The community is clean and taken care of. The staff is outstanding and the staff always keeps me informed on his progress. The menu is outstanding. I am happy with knowing that he is active and enjoys the activities with the other residents. We would be happy to recommend this community to other families for good care and a great value.

All parties happy!

This is a good community. The staff are really doing a good job with mom. Mom has gotten into a few activities and is transitioning well. She said that the food is okay for the most part. The community is clean and mom and me are happy.

Very responsive!

At first, we were off to a rocky start, but things have gotten a lot better now, The place has been a good fit for my loved one. The executive director is in contact with us and they are very responsive to any situations. I recommend this place to anyone.

Wonderful Community

This is a wonderful community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. We as a whole family is comfortable with her move here, we know she is in good hands. It is a good safe community, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is great. They are always willing to help. Also they answer all my questions. Everything has worked out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Very nice place

The Village at East Farms is a very nice place overall, we had a very positive experience here until my loved one needed to move elsewhere due to increasing care needs. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. They are definitely worth a look.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

We found the setup to be good for Dad...

We found the setup to be good for Dad. We were in the Harbor which is the memory care facility. The design of the building was good as Dad needed to be able to walk around independently without feeling like an "inmate." Because the entire building was devoted to memory care, he had a bit more freedom in that regard.
As well we found the staff to be caring and supportive. In some ways it felt like a positive child care arrangement where there was genuine affection for the residence. The elderly need to feel loved and appreciated. East Farms staff seemed loving and nurturing. We also found the geriatrician to be better than others we'd dealt with.

I am very satisfied with the place.

I am very satisfied with the place. I had my doubts of whether she would be able to adjust or not, they have done quite well. She seems to be acclimating and enjoying herself. They have pretty good food as she has a good appetite. Overall we are very happy.

Great place

We're very pleased with the job they've done so far! They're always willing to do anything they can do make the resident or the family feel safer and more comfortable. The staff are wonderful as well, very compassionate and caring. The facility itself is nice looking, and they always keep it clean and presentable.

High Praise!

I have all high praise for them. My mother is there. I thought my mom was beyond assisted living. We were please with them from the beginning. I think we signed my mother up that day! She didn't know she was going. They told us what had to be done and we did it. I go to visit her and she still says she doesn't know why she's there because there's nothing wrong with her but she doesn't know she has dementia.

The care is excellent. Mom looks better than she has. When she was home all she wanted to do was sleep. She's walking better, eating better, they're taking care of her. I know that they encourage her to participate in the activities. They have bus trips once or twice a week. I know she was going once a week but now that the weather is colder I don't know if she's going. She's made some friends.

One thing is the cost. It is expensive and I just wish they would take like maybe title 19. I know they don't. That's the only drawback; it's expensive.

I love all of the staff there. I even bring my dog in there to visit and everyone is so nice, even the people that are there, the patients, get a kick out of the dog. They come and pet the dog and everything.

I wish there was something else to be done with the cost but other than that it's been wonderful. I love the director there and they have an Alzheimer's support group every month.

Busy, Active Community

East Farms was very nice. It was a close contender. I like their memory care unit. It was very big but we didn't care for the way set up the billing. Her bill would have been outrageous because they have different tiers of care. It's not an all one tier program. The staff is very friendly. It's a busy and active place. It was probably the closest contender next to the place we chose.

A Large Place

It's a big complex. As far as the woman that I spoke with all the time, she kept in touch with me until I found a place. I went and looked at this myself and I found it to be a bit large. It was good if that was the type of facility you needed. My dad needs assisted living. He's on the cusp of that independent/assisted line. The Village was huge and very overwhelming and I wasn't even the one who would be living there so I can't imagine to put somebody that needs help in there. That was a tough one and also, the Southington area was more convenient for our family.

The director so friendly and a thorou...

The director so friendly and a thorough tour of the facility. These places think of everything! We should all be so lucky to spend our days here. Enjoyed the visit and very impressed.

The Village at East Farms is a cozy country estate situated on a picturesque, 34-acre wooded hilltop. An authentic covered bridge, lavish gardens, and rolling panoramas provide the staging for a nine-hole putting green. At East Farms you will find private walking paths and gazebos that grace beautifully manicured gardens, while residents enjoy the tranquil scenery and seasonal outdoor dining from the terrace off the dining room.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at The Village at East Farms offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.