Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden - Hamden, CT

I was very impressed with Benchmark. it is one of my top choices

We love it!

My dad and I are very happy with this community and what they are doing here. The staff is very attentive and caring to the residents. The community is also very clean and we have had no problems with anything.

Kind Community

This is a friendly community, and our tour of it went very well. The staff we came across was very kind, and welcoming. The community looked nice, everything was nice, and clean. Everyone was very kind to my family and myself.

Warm And Welcoming Staff!!

The staff were all very nice and communicated well with my loved one. The community was well maintained and clean. My loved one was not very impressed by the food for some time it was good but the meals don't taste very good anymore. We were given misleading information about transportation. The transportation is only till 12 in the afternoon.

Friendly but slow

Staff is overwhelming friendly, helpful and accomodating,a real pleasure to deal with. Mom is enjoying the activities and the meals. The one shortfall is the ratio of aides to the residents needing care. Response time to call bells (pendants) is inconsistent and sometimes woefully slow. We hope to see improvement in this area.

Devin Anuzis

Thank you very much for your kind words. Statements such as yours mean everything as we take great pride in caring for our residents. Regarding the staffing aspect, please note that we regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that. Please reach out to the Executive Director if you ever need anything, [removed].

Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden - Hamden, CT

Warm and inviting. Furniture very worn looking in the dining room and activity rooms. Clean friendly. Staff very visible and involved.

Benchmark has been great.

Benchmark has been great. She is doing really well there. They have been really good right from the start. She has not complained about the food at all. They have been very communicative about everything that is going on, very proactive about her care.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

very welcoming

They were very welcoming to my uncle, and everyone has been very cordial and has engaged him in activities and everything that is going on there.

There have been some communication challenges with the nursing staff regarding his medication.

Overall though it has been a positive experience.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can ever do for you and your family.

very friendly

They were great very friendly people at Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden. Mom is a difficult patient and they are very kind and patient in the way they work with her. It has been a very good experience, and I can't really even think of anything they could do to improve.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

hightly recommend

all employees are friendly and very helpful
meals are good with a good varity.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

I'm telling you, I cannot praise the staff enough.

I'm telling you, I cannot praise the staff enough. They were so wonderful to my husband and myself. It was a little on the expensive side. I saw the other residents really getting engaged and social in the activities. The parking seemed to be somewhat limited. They were the only ones of the places we looked at ready to help. And the director of nursing was able to see through the medication he was on during the assessment. They really embraced both of us, he passed away, and even now some of them will call and check on me and see how I am doing.

My brother & I like this pl...

My brother & I like this place very much but we know our mother. She really needs to be in her own, familiar space for as long as possible.

Maple Woods very very helpful and attractive

Everyone was extremely helpful getting my father in rapidly, and making him comfortable.

Another Benchmark. Cost an...

Another Benchmark. Cost an issue.

Maple Woods at Hamden is located south of Sleeping Giant State Park on a hilltop overlooking the town center of Hamden, CT. This community boasts skyline views of New Haven and picturesque views of Long Island Sound. We are convenient to shops, cultural, and business attractions. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They relish in the quiet of our library, take strolls along our beautiful walking paths, and enjoy refreshments in our very own ice cream parlor. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents' lives are active, social and fulfilled!