The Village at Buckland Court - South Windsor, CT

Very nice.

A lovely facility. Not budget friendly, but we're discussing price again this afteroon

Take a look at this community.

The people I met were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean. This community offers activities and they have a game room.

Nice Community, My Tour Was Nice

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. It is a nice community. Everything I saw looked well maintained, and clean. The staff was kind, they answered all my questions, and was informative. It was a good experience. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself.

My Thought Of The Tour

This community was having some renovations done when we visited. It was nice inside and the people we met were nice. They offer daily activities and pets are allowed. This community was unfortunately out of our price range.

Not much going on!

The tour was good and the person that took me around was helpful and knew what they were talking about. I did not see any of the residents out doing anything though. The staffed seemed to be friendly though.

No complaints here!

The staff is the strongest thing at this community. The activities are sufficient and mom enjoys them. The food is good and they call the place the restaurant. The community is always kept clean. I have no complaints.

Good Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went very well. Everyone was very kind and welcoming. I would had felt comfortable with my husband living. The community looked great. From what I saw everything appeared be well-kept. The staff was very friendly and courteous. This is a nice community with kind people.

Attentive Staff!!

Their staff are wonderful they report to me everything that happens. I would definitely recommend this place they go above and beyond to try and meet the care needs for my loved one. Meals are healthy and tasty could not ask for more. Activities are offered on site for the residents.

My Tour of This Community Went well

This is a nice community my tour went pretty well. From what I saw the community appeared to be well-kept, it is nice looking community. The staff I met was friendly and nice. My questions were answered, they were informative. This is a good community with friendly people.

I'am Pleased With My Friend Move Here

My friend is doing pretty well here at this community. Everything is working out well and I'am satisfied. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. They have a good staff here, they are caring for her well. Overall she is in good hands here and I would recommend this community.

Couldn't be happier with our choice

Our experience with The Village at Buckland Court has been a very good one. I'd give them top marks across the board, they've really gone above and beyond for everything. We were in a tough time-sensitive situation when we came to them, and they helped us quickly and guided us through the whole process. It's a nice looking place, and they take great care of the residents, we couldn't be happier with our choice.

A Very Positive Experience

My mother has been at The Village for some time now and since moving in the experience has been very positive. Mom loves all of the attention from the staff and even though she isn't a big follower there are plenty activities for her to join in on. The staff have been very warm, friendly, and informative! Overall we are happy with the community and the level of care. I'd recommend.

the best part of the Village is that my mother connected with some other residents and she is very busy. She has made some folks with whom she likes to doing activities.
The people who work there are very nice and supportive.

A difficulty that I have is that there are so many people who work with her that I have not yet sorted out who they all are or who the important contact people are.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for the feedback. Your opinion means everything to us. Please call us at [removed] for any reason at all and we will work with you and anything you and your family needs.

Nice & safe

My mom has been living at The Village at Buckland Court for almost 9 months. The staff is very good and truly seem to care about the residents. The food is wonderful - both quality and variety. They have a nice variety of activities and the staff does a pretty good job at trying to get the residents involved. Overall I feel The Village is a safe and happy environment for my mom and would recommend it highly.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Your opinion means everything to us. Pelase call if there is anything we can do for you and your mom.

We have been very happy with all aspects of the Villages. Overall I would rate them excellent.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please contact us ([removed]) if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Excellent nursing care!

We're very pleased by how things have turned out at The Village at Buckland Court. The staff is friendly and professional, and I think the nursing care they offer is really exceptional! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can do for you.

Salesperson very comforting. Tour was nice and personal feel from residents was apparent. Similar information shared from visit at another facility, which gave me a good feeling.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for sharing. Please let us know ([removed]) if we can ever help with anything.

Chuck proved to be a real asset to the Village. He's very versed in the care of his people who live there. I loved the lay out of the facilities and know that there is a manager and nurse on at night.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Please let us know ([removed]) if you ever need any assistance.

5 stars

My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. The Village at Buckland Court is a very nice facility. We are very pleased with it. It is very clean. Everyone is friendly and nice. The staff is responsive. They do an excellent job at taking care of my loved one.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for sharing! Please call ([removed]) if we can ever help you and your family.

VaBC is wonderful

We love The Village at Buckland Court. The staff are very friendly, professional, and accommodating. The facility is wonderful.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Please let us know ([removed]) if we can ever do anything for you and your family.

great review process, very smooth move-in

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact the Executive Director if there is every anything we can do for you and your family. [removed]

We arrived on time for our ...

We arrived on time for our 6:15PM Monday appointment with Lorrie Funk, only to find out that Lorrie doesn't work on Mondays. The staff seemed stressed & a bit out of sorts. & we instead met with Doug Murphy, their Senior Executive Director. Doug was very honest with us - when we told him about my Mother's lack of finances, he explained that the Village at Buckland Court was definitely out of our price range, & he gave us some good advice on what to look for going forward. We appreciated his forthrightness, & willingness not to waste our time on a long tour of a facility my Mother would never see. Later that evening, while we were watching the news at 11PM, the report came on about a nursing home worker [removed] - the worker was a Village at Buckland Court employee! Even if my Mother could afford it, this is the last place I would consider for her!

Benchmark Senior Living

We have a zero tolerance policy on theft and our hiring and training programs certainly underscore that commitment. Our organization maintains stringent policies on our hiring practices and all applicants must undergo a thorough criminal background check prior to being hired. All positions at The Village at Buckland Court must pass these criteria prior to being accepted as an employee at our community.

Additionally, as part of our zero-tolerance policy regarding theft, we will be conducting multiple re-trainings for our associates at The Village at Buckland Court to reinforce, with rigor, our safety, security, and training procedures to assure full compliance at all times. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best quality care and service and share our dismay with any situation like this.

As an organization we adamantly believe all residents have the right to feel safe in their own home and in an effort to insure that, we do encourage our residents not to keep large sums of money, sentimental or high-value jewelry or other valuables unlocked in their apartments. We also encourage all our residents to purchase renter’s insurance to protect the contents of their apartment from damage or loss. This is outlined in our Resident Handbook and our Residency Agreement.

We are extremely proud of our overall excellent record of care and resident satisfaction at The Village at Buckland Court and maintain a strong commitment to living up to our reputation of excellence.

I will say it is a very nice clean pl...

I will say it is a very nice clean place..If I had problems, Doug was very attentive.. The wait staff were darlings for the most part.. My problem was with the Nursing. There are 120 residents at any time there. and from 11pm to 7 am there are only 2 aides for the whole place. We took our loved one out of there because of this.. How do you not notice that a person goes from walking by themself to not being able to the next day and not call 911 immediately, then there were two more incidents and that is when we took our loved one out of there.. I understand it is assisted living, but I was told that they could take people who needed assistance to people who needed full time care..

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Executive Director and dining associates. Please know that we as a company remain focused on providing our residents with the highest quality of care and programming. We regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

They are a very nice place.

I found it to be a very nice place and the staff is wonderful. I think that she is overly fussy and can sometimes be mean. They are a very nice place.

If there is a problem it is with the sound level.

If there is a problem it's with the sound level. When we applied and talked with the manager we emphasized the importance of quietness. My mother is almost blind but she has good hearing. There have been good days when it is realatively quiet, but about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, the resident upstairs turned the radio up and woke up my mother, and after going to the nurses station they debated it and said that so and so upstairs, has rights to listen to their radio and other residents do not appear to have the right to sleep. There are some uncomfortable idiosyncracies. They have made some accommodations and they have pre-notified my mother about fire drill and give her some warning as there is an alarm that would be incredibly shrill, and they will let her know so she can escape the sound, which would be excrutiating for her. The food is good the waitservice staff has been very accommodating. They do have a lot of activities but she is independent and her eyesight is not very good and the sound is very high on things like movies and musical options. Many of the staff are trying to be accommodating but they can't keep it quiet.

Opinion of The Village at Buckland Court

Excellent. When forming an opinion of a facility, observe and rate the personnel at all levels first, then the physical facility.

Very nice facility and good...

Very nice facility and good location. Easy access from Vernon. The only drawback was the size of the facility. May be hard for Mom and Dad to find way around initially. Was larger than either of the Emeritus locations. Better quoted price.

clean, bright, felt new. staff knowle...

clean, bright, felt new. staff knowledgeable. Quiet place during visit. Activities schedule, ok. Menu items appeared ok. Up the street from Unity.

The Village at Buckland Court is a charming "country estate" nestled amidst beautiful farm land, with expansive lawns and gardens. Inspiring outdoor sitting areas, a gazebo, and an herb garden provide the setting for arts, leisure, and fitness activities. Private walking paths and gazebos grace beautifully manicured gardens, while residents enjoy the tranquil scenery from their private patio or balcony. Located nearby are several shopping plazas and a surplus of restaurants to suit every taste.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at The Village at Buckland Court offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.