Brookdale South Windsor - South Windsor, CT

Brookdale South Windsor - South Windsor, CT has yet not published prices.

Great place the community is really nice and staff is so friendly.

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints of how things for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to show us all of the great apartments they had available. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. I just thought they did not have as great of an activity program as some of the other place.

A nice community!

The staff and aids are awesome as they are attentive and visit mom a lot. Some of the staff have been there a long time. Mom seems to like the food. She has been participating in some of the daily activities. The community seems clean. I would recommend that you check in on your loved one during the adjustment period to be sure things are going as well as they should.

Not the right place!

It was okay Overall it seemed like a step down in the communities. Also they did not talk about activities and seemed that they did not offer many or any. This just was not the place for mom.

Worth taking a look at!!

This community looked nice and clean. The person that conducted our tour was nice and professional. This community was just a little more expensive than the community we chose.

A Good Experience For Us Here

Everything is going very well for my mother here at this community. She is safe and in good hands here. Everyone is very caring and kind. It is a nice and clean community, very well maintained. It has been a good job experience for us here.

Brookdale in South Windsor

Beautiful place. My mother came from Florida to Connecticut. Was not told until after we signed the contract that she needed a Connecticut doctor to sign forms before she could move in. We had just gone to her Florida Doctor within a month of signing the contract but they would not accept the Florida doctors signed form. So of course that took time on getting an appointment. Was very discouraged during this time. And then you would have thought that the room would have been ready for her when we did get the paper work sent but then we had to wait for that also. But now that she is in there all is good. The staff is wonderful. I love the different degrees of services they have to offer. There are plenty of activities that can be attended if they want. The food selections are very good.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at South Windsor. The facility itself is always well kept and immaculately clean. The care staff is very friendly and professional, the therapy staff in particular do an excellent job. They've been going through some staff turnover recently which has effected some of the services, but overall it is a nice place and I would recommend it to others.

Liked the facility and rooms. Not sure if assisted living or memory is best place for my father; not sure assisted living layout would work, but memory care feels to far the other way for where he is at.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Emeritus at South Windsor seemed like a nice place overall, and made it to our final list when we were selecting a community. It is a clean, well kept, nice looking place, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional.

Very happy

I'm Very happy with the Emeritus at South Windsor. Everything has been going very good. The facility seems to be clean. The staff has been friendly and helpful. The value is pretty good. They have been doing a pretty good job with the care services. The Emeritus at South Windsor is a nice community with nice people. Overall, I'm very happy with it. We haven't had any major problems or issues. So far so good.

Very Home-y atmosphere

It has been a very home-y atmosphere. My parents are really liking. It feels like their second home. Everything has been going excellent. I would recommend the Emeritus at South Windsor. It is great.

Very immaculate. Timothy was very nice, compassionate and totally understanding. He wanted to make sure we clear on everything and that we would be able to see my father living there. He also suggested making sure that we looked at other places too. The surprise for us was an apple pie to take home.

my thoughts

Employees friendly, building clean. Maintenance fair.
Promises made, not always followed through. Food fair.
Location convenient but noisy, close to traffic. Not worth the money being charged, but most places aren't.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. I think it's working out pretty well. We are pleased with it. We They have been very attentive and responsive. They didn't charge a second person fee, they were pretty much the only ones that didn't. I also liked the location it's close enough to stores that they could walk. This was one of the only places that when we went in there were always people around and activity going on, there is a vibrant feel to the community when you walk in.

Very nice place, overall!

Things have gone well so far with Emeritus! It's a well maintained and clean facility, and they do a good job looking out for their residents. My experience is primarily with the memory care section, and I have been impressed by what I've seen. They recently finished some renovations to their memory care section which added a large central common area for the residents to gather and socialize in. The staff are also very friendly, and do a good job encouraging the residents to participate in activities!

Loved this place - from the...

Loved this place - from the minute you walk in, both the staff & the residents make you feel like family. The apartments are spotless, as are the grounds & common areas. It is very expensive, though, & unfortunately out of our price range.

Didn't Work Out For Us

We paid for a month but my brother-in-law really had a hard time transitioning there to stay there. He was really only was there for like a week. My major complaint is that he was declining so fast, they couldn't change his medications quickly enough, because of their regulations, so we took him home. They were very friendly but then it didn't work out. It's the first place we went and he liked the place and they had only one room left so it's like you had to pick it fast. It's a nice place for people with dementia or other needs but if their condition is quickly changing I don't know that they can adapt to that. They don't have a night nurse there. They only have tech aids, but there is not really a nurse at night so they can't make those decisions if someone is declining quickly.

Broken Promises

At emeritus we went in there and I've always been upfront about my aunt's falling and telling them about her nighttime problems. Everything was open. They knew up front and the sales people said we can handle it, this is what we do. He convinced me that they could really do it so I brought her there and shortly there after she fell again. She keeps trying to do things that she can't do and that's always been the problem. She banged her head and had to go to the hospital. After that happened the powers that be got involved. It was not about her care anymore.

They wanted to move her to a more inexpensive room and said I had to hire somebody to take care of her 24/7. They never found her the other inexpensive room. She stayed in the memory care unit and it was almost twice as expensive. It didn't make sense to be paying that kind of money.

They have a woman there who was terrific. She just had a way with everybody. You just could tell that she brightened up their day every time she spoke to them. She was really nice. It's not the staff, it's the people who run the place. They all knew that falling is something she did. Did any of them ever do anything to keep her in bed? No. They said they can't do alarms or sides on the bed because of the laws.

The staff are very supportive and out...

The staff are very supportive and out going! I would recommend Emeritus @ South Windsor to everyone.

Friendly people but problems with communication

My father is settling in there really well and he didn't want to be there so that's a plus for them. There's a little bit of trouble with the communication from the people who are providing the care services. Part of it might be the newness of it since my dad hasn't been there long.

I really like the whole presentation when you walk in the door. It was clean, the people were friendly - it wasn't what I thought an assisted living place was going to be.

Nice location and again goo...

Nice location and again good location for D. Need to get clarification of the difference between a studio and an Alcove.

Staff friendly - residents appeared q...

Staff friendly - residents appeared quiet - contented. Studio very charming. Door to apt feels homey (trio of glass panels on side of door). Homey stuff around - menu items seemed ok. Respite available.

Assisted living. Average 1 BR - $440...

Assisted living. Average 1 BR - $4400/mo plus $459 for monthly care

lively music in lobby. clean, friendl...

lively music in lobby. clean, friendly staff and residents. RA 6 on days,eves,4 on nights. rn/lpn 7a-9p, on call nights. community fee ("behind the scenes"--initial assessment, call MDs, check meds, etc.). Trans to Spfld w/planning. CAT OK. Lots of common sitting space indoors and out. programs/activities resident driven. varied exercise daily. room doors locked. security bracelet. check on residents at mealtime, other times can be arranged.Includes all utilites, phone, basic cable. Internet available, billed thru cox. PT/OT/Speech ther. on staff, billed thru ins. Efficiency too small. 1 bedroom is nice amt space. small fridge, table for 2, safe BR, w/built in seat in shower. built in shelving. two small closets. ample storage in kitchen. residents on 2nd and 3rd floor. Locked Alzheimer's unit. Near shopping plaza, restaurants, grocery, consignment shops, church. Tour by exec. dir. asked about Mom's interests and background, what my concerns/goals for Mom are.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.