The Residence at South Windsor Farms - South Windsor, CT

A great place to call home !

As Conservator for my dear friend I had to help with the decision for her care. I chose The Residence at South Windsor Farms and it truly met width my expectations. I had the opportunity to speak with staff often, to dine with other residents and to be a part of the family. It is the perfect place to reside in when ones own home is no longer an option. From the receptionist to the care assistants to the Director they all make you feel like family. Activities abound and the amenities are above and beyond. When you have to make “that” decision consider this beautiful place “home”

My parents at the Residence

Both my parents have been at the Residence in South Windsor since early spring of this year.. both have different medical/emotional needs, and the staff has been wonderful in helping getting them settled, and engaging them in life at the Residence.

I particularly am happy with the exercise classes and physical activities such as using pedometers, walk club etc. They variety of outings, and entertainment is wonderful. I particularly also like the fact that they bring alot of music, and dance into the facility. That is so important . The food is amazing and I am impressed with the quality and variety the chef prepares as well as the country kitchen.

Very nice.

temoyann brown williams

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! Let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Above the rest

This is a newer spotless community. The staff are responsive, have good communication and they go out of their way to help. The food is good, well balanced and they have a wide variety. This community is a little more expensive, however it is worth the money and I would recommend it.

temoyann brown williams

We appreciate your kind words. At The Residence at South Windsor, we strive to offer the best service to all our residents and families. It makes us very happy that this effort has made a positive impact. Have an amazing day!

Warm Atmosphere - Great Care

Family atmosphere, warm, inviting, friendly staff, both residents and staff are willing to answer questions. Smaller facility. Everyone seems to know one another. A bit expensive but worth it.

Our Visit To The Community

I liked this community when we took our tour. We got to try the food and I thought it was good. The community looked clean and the people we met were nice. Mom did not however like the stairs at this community.

Pretty nice!

I did like the property and the people were nice and very friendly. The community looked clean and well kept. I really didn't get to go all around. There were residents that were out and doing things.

Very nice tour guide!

This is a very nice community. It is a newer community and I am very impressed with it. The food is god and looks like a step up form the other communities. The person that gave us the tour was very good and helpful.

Lovely Community

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. This a nice community with friendly people. The tour guide was very kind and knowledgeable. I was informed of new information I didn't know about regarding Alzheimer's. Everything looked great. You can tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. Overall it was a good experience.

It's been 17 days and so far so good. As a result of Dad's advancing dementia, he had experienced several violent episodes at home. Within the structured assisted living environment of The Residence, there have been no recurrences of such behavior. Another facility nearby wouldn't take him at all, and another facility wanted to place him in a memory unit locked ward. Since Dad has not been a wanderer, assisted living appears to have been the right choice. It's been quite a relief for the family to see him safe, well adjusted and cared for.

Not Impressed!!

The Residence at South Windsor Farms did not have enough of what i was looking for. The activities didn't match the needs that my loved one needed, the layout didn't work for us. It was a neat place. The people were courteous and acknowledged me during my tour.

My Father Is Doing Great Here

It has been a great experience for my father here at this community. He is doing great and we are pleased. They are taking good care of him and his needs. This is a nice community. Everybody has been very kind and friendly.

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked well-kept. From what I saw everything appeared to be neat and tidy. The staff that I came across was kind and courteous. This is a nice community, everybody was very nice. It was a good experience.

The Residences at South Windsor Farms

I toured six other facilities as I was looking for a suitable residence for my Mom to move to as she required a higher level of supportive care than the independent living facility that she presently resided in. She was becoming increasingly anxious, confused and isolated and was not herself. Kindly note, Senior Care is a booming industry and is extremely competitive where you often feel like you are on a used car lot (Beware of up sells and statements that seem to good to be true). Be advised that those facilities not meeting your needs will contact you inquiring "Why" as this was a total turn off given I know my Mom better than they do and am not wasting my time or theirs advising them as to why (Do not waste your time with this engagement tactic)
As a result of my initial tours, I narrowed my search to three facilities and engaged in another round of tours and other tools to make my decision. The other tools consisted of cold calls to see if indeed a person answered the telephone, drive by to facility at odd hours including weekends, utilizing the CONCORD site to check licensing, googling facilities and the corporations that owned them, driving around the facility to see that it was properly maintained, dumpster areas were tidy and free of rodents and polling people in the parking lots of such facilities for their feedback. It was at this time I scheduled a second round of tours which were accompanied by emails to each facility with a list of questions/scenarios to be addressed during the second round and a request to meet with activities directors and nurse staff.
I then documented my findings with positives and negatives for each visit. Then I contacted my Moms Doctors and asked for their feedback and recommendations which ultimately led me to choosing the Residences at South Windsor Farms.
I subsequently informed them of my choice and proceeded to engage in more dialogue with them and further visits where I had a meal, checked the public restrooms and introduced myself to more staff, residents and family members. This is critical before actually signing and providing monies as you want to be certain that you have legal right to not proceed given things seem to good to be true. The ultimate decision was made after accompanying my Mom on a tour and meeting with her one on one after she completed the tour to ensure she was willing to make a change that would both engage and support her at this period in her life.
My Mom has been residing at the Residences at South Windsor Farms for one week and is very happy as staff draw her out of her unit and engage her in activities, all staff greet residents and family with great sincerity and the food is very good. All staff are eager to assist while also standing by when persons are able to perform tasks which fosters a supportive environment while also readily respecting independence. Nursing staff has been tremendous as they engage in personal interactions rather than shielding themselves with computers or medical carts. The Executive Director is readily accessible and believes all staff share in the mission of engaging with residents, creating a community and performing any tasks as such it is a one for all, all for one philosophy.
I am extremely pleased with this facility and their community model. My Mom readily goes to the dining room to eat, engages in recreational activities and though cannot remember peoples names has made familiar friends.
In reference to the facility itself, their have been some burst pipes which are being addressed and when such incidents did occur the response specific to this was amazing. The first priority was to ensure the residents were safe and removed from the area. The second was all staff were present to mitigate the water. The third to stand by as fire officials addressed the site for safety. Lastly, the facility has remained flexible and transparent regarding system design issues.
I would highly recommend anyone consider this facility and cannot say enough about how very positive my experience has been with this choice-

Everyone Is Very Nice

The staff members have all been very, very nice. Everything seems to be going well there with my loved one. If they have any concerns they get right to me and if I have any concerns they address them right away.

mom is better being at this facility

At The Residence at South Windsor Farms there is nothing that I have seen that needs improving. I honestly think that my mom is better being at this facility than before she got there. She is brighter and more focused. They are doing an excellent job at this facility.

Nice looking new place, still a few kinks to work out

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Residence at South Windsor Farms was a very nice looking new community. The staff here seemed friendly enough, however I don't know that they were working well as a team yet. The facility seemed new enough that not all the kinks had been worked out yet. My loved one has some fairly exacting care needs, so I didn't think this would have been a good fit at the time I toured.

This facility is very impressive. It is brand new so everything is clean and modern. The food is good and the open dining arrrangement (any meal you want any time of day) is a plus. The staff was friendly and attentive. The apartments are very good size and bright and cheery. The only drawback is the cost, which is rather high for someone of limited means as my mother.

Personal Assessment

So far, our lived one's care and experience has been terrific. Each visit we find he clean, well dressed and content

The women working there are extremely kind, patient and respectful. There is no disrespect and mishandling of the clients. I saw so much if this at the other company.

Our lived one's care has been consistent and safe. This facility takes the time to offer correct medical and emotional care.

We are very happy and pleased that our burden has been lessened by this facility.

It's a good facility

It's a good facility. Everyone is very good there. Being brand new they are still working out some of the kinks. Overall it has been a very good experience. The meals are very good. The facility is always very clean and well kept. There are no odors. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. They do a pretty good job at taking care of my loved one. This is a nice place.

Very nice, clean ..new. Feels like a hotel. Sales person informative, but we ended up 'talking' too long .. we were on a time limit and tour itself felt rushed. We are early in our search, so minimal comparison.

Audrey was absolutely wonderful! This being the younger of all the establishment had some charming pluses. It was very clean (immaculate), the staff was kind, attentive to patients and made eye-to-eye contact. I found dinner to be outstanding and knowing that all meals are made to order from 7 am to 7 pm was a plus for them as well.

Highly recommend

Excellent personal from the kitchen to the management.
In laws love it there.

The Residence at South Windsor Farms lies just outside of historic downtown South Windsor at the intersection of Buckland Road and Deming Street. Our green, landscaped grounds were once part of farmlands that stretched as far as the eye could see. The quiet natural beauty of the site is complemented by an easy proximity to shopping, houses of worship, Wapping Park, and wonderful cultural and recreational attractions in the area.
At our community, Independent residents enjoy an array of quality services and amenities. Assisted Living residents lead full, independent lives with services that are provided based on individual needs.
Our Reflections Memory Care residents benefit from a life-affirming, non-pharmacological program developed in collaboration with Harvard Medical School, McClean Hospital and Brigham & Women’s Hospital. This acclaimed model is rooted in continuous personal growth, where each resident leads a life of dignity, purpose and well-being.