The Stratford - Chapel Hill, NC

The Stratford - Chapel Hill, NC has yet not published prices.

Avoid if possible--especially for memory care

Avoid this place---especially for memory care. Bad management that is unresponsive to concerns. My mother is often left with nails not cut for months (unless we do them). She has alzheimers and forgets to wash, hence feces get trapped under her nails and fungal growth sets in. Many residents who defecate are left soiled sitting around in their poop. Laundry room is too small, thus staff cannot keep up with dirty laundry. Memory care patients are in a prison. They never get to leave the building or are taken for walks. They do have a separate enclosed courtyard but that is neglected. Do not be fooled. The plants in that courtyard have been brought in by a volunteers---who also care for them. Ditto for the wall art. Birdfeeders etc. The management only spends money on the areas visitors see. Staff do not encourage memory care patients to at least get to the enclosed courtyard for fresh air. Rather, the staff use it for themselves when they want to smoke. There are some very good staff here, but the good people get demoralized by what they see. Hence, lots of staff turnover. If we could afford it, we would take mom elsewhere.

I was favorably impressed with the tour. I felt that the activity director showed strong people skills in answering my many questions as well as in relating to the residents as we toured. I noted many activities available to the residents and a homelike environment. I plan to make a return visit with my mother and have lunch as recommended. I see this as a good fit for meeting my mother's needs. I was very comfortable with what I saw. Thank you.

I was favorable impressed with the tour. I felt that the activity director showed strong people skills in answering my many questions as well as in relating to the residents as we toured. I noted many activities available to the residents and a homelike environment. I plan to make a return visit with my mother and have lunch as recommended. I see this as a good fit for meeting my mother's needs. I was very comfortable with what I saw. Thank you.

Helpful Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for him. The staff have been helpful with the move and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. The one big complaint she seems to have is the food is not that great. My mom often says they need better quality meals served throughout the day with better taste. I also wish they had more activities for people who cannot get out of there wheelchair. Some ideas could be word trivia, crossword puzzles, and arts and crafts.

This is an Amazing Place

My mother is very happy and has settled in at the Stratford Memory Care Unit. She is flourishing in the smaller environment. In fact, she actually thanked me for moving her to The Stratford.
I feel the community, even with it being a locked unit, due to the issues with dementia and Alzheimer's, fits my mother.
My mom is a charmer, she is vocal and the staff just love her and she loves them.
With the memory care unit, the dining area is right by the nursing station so they cater to the resident's keeping things simple and nutritious and my mom is eating really well now and she likes what they are serving.
The community is bringing in a new activity director and they do offer some to the Memory Unit as well.
I applaud, the Stratford as they have on staff doctors for the memory unit and they keep me well informed about what is going on with my mother, her care, any changes in her meds or her care. I can also check online to see how her care is going and there are always updates there as well.
Yes, I would recommend The Stratford. You have to be willing to go above and beyond to make sure that your loved one's needs are met and they do just that.
I always want to thank A Place for Mom for helping me find the Stratford. I had to find a place within 3 to 5 days and they were there helping all the way. Their response was amazing in how fast they helped me.

Not my favorite!

I also toured The Stratford. It was a nice place and the tour guide that took me around was friendly and informative. It was a good facility, but I found another place that I liked better for my mother.

My visit

This looked like a nice clean community when we toured it. The staff we met seemed nice and knowledgable. This community would not work for us as they do not accept motorized wheelchairs.

Worst facility in Chapel Hill, that will not care for your family member!!

I hope that the state come in to shut this place down. There are major issues when it come to this place. They have a revolving door when it comes to their employees, they don't stay long at all. They don't take care of the residents as they should. They are not good at keeping the family involve when it comes to things happening to their family members. I really did have a really bad experience at this place and would never recommend anyone to go there.

Roaches and Bedbugs! Oh my rudeness!

Between the residents not getting the care they need to infestation (ongoing and never treated) of roaches and bedbugs this place is the lowest of low. I would not want my family members or anyone for that matter here. The staff is hit or miss. Some are friendly some are not. In the memory care wing they rough house the residents and throw them into chairs or beds. The building itself is not clean. The kitchen staff are rude, and the kitchen is dirty and just about anyone walks in there. Laundry is never done in a timely manor. They also do not let you know if someone has a very contagious illness like hep A or B. If your family member or friend or yourself for that matter need a assisted living or memory care I suggest finding a better more caring place then here. If I could I would have this place shut down.