Cambridge Hills Assisted Living - Pittsboro, NC

The place was chaotic. Phone was ringing off the hook. Manager had her boxer at work, he was barking a lot. Facility was grim. Majority of people there are in wheel chairs. No closets in the rooms. Rooms were grim.

It Was A Good Visit

My visit at this community went very good. i met with the staff who are good people. The interaction I saw with the residents was good. The guide gave me his full attention to my questions. I was comfortable seeing the community. I liked seeing activities being provided. In the end this was not in a good location for us.

Highly Recommended

Our family became familiar with Cambridge Hills Assisted Living in Pittsboro (“the home”) when my 91 year old mother moved after my 93 year old father passed away after 70 years of marriage. This was an overwhelming change for my mother and we were anxious about how she would respond to the new place. After settling in, unfortunately she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away quickly. But this experience gave us an opportunity to see up close how Cambridge Hill responded across a span of resident situations.

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Cambridge Hills. The home is a bright clean facility with professional and caring staff, located in a lovely private wooded setting close to downtown. It is privately owned and relatively small with large private and semi-private rooms for ~60 residents in the assisted living section and a separate section for 38 Alzheimer’s patients. The cost is very reasonable.

When my mother arrived, the staff, nurses, and doctors went out of their way to make sure my mother was comfortable and safe. They worked with her to help her get stronger and have a good social experience. I recognize that this type of work is not easy and they do it with grace and friendship. I was very grateful for the way the staff communicated with me and proactively worked with me to identify ways to help her. It was a true pleasure to see how she was relaxing into the community and enjoying the staff, fellow residents and available activities.

When she took a downturn, the nurses and doctors identified the puzzling changes, she was taken for a MRI, and cancer was diagnosed. They helped us bring in hospice which supplemented Cambridge Hills’ staff. Not all assisted living facilities allow the resident to stay in the home once they are under the care of hospice. It was immensely comforting to have my mother able to stay in her lovely room and be assisted by the staff she knew. Everyone at the home was so sensitive to the situation and provided the family with great compassion. We were truly blessed to have Cambridge Hills in my mother’s life and only wish she had had more time to enjoy it there.

Things are going great

Things are going great and we do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff at Cambridge Hills. Things are going just fine and we are having a pleasant experience so far.

A very encouraging experience so far

I had to find a place for Mom so that she could get the care she needed and Cambridge has been great so far. Mom still talks about going home from time to time but with the activities and the being around other seniors it keeps her mind busy. The staff are very respectful and continue to encourage Mom along with the rest of the resident so that they are not just sitting there doing nothing which I really appreciate. I would recommend.

So far so good

My loved one has only been at Cambridge Hills a short time, but so far everything they've done for us has been completely satisfactory. It is a nice looking place, and the staff have been friendly and professional.

No recommendations from us.

I hate to have to say this, but my husband and I took a list of things to the administrator that needed her attention. The list included finding a room for our patient where she could get her wheelchair in the bathroom and be able to close the door. The doctor ordered that an injury on her leg be cleaned and dressed daily and this was not done. There are many other things that have been let go, but I wil not go into them now. Also the food is often leftovers for days and days. All the people who sit together with our patient complain about how bad it tastes. Thank you for this opportunity vent.

Overall, I feel Cambridge Hills does ...

Overall, I feel Cambridge Hills does a good job of taking care of the residents. I have found the staff kind and responsive. I do wish they offered more activities that would encourage greater participation by the residents.

Staff lacks compassion

I don't think the staff is really very caring with the patients. I visit my husband and it would be nice if the person who is assigned to him would just make rounds to see if everything's okay, but that doesn't happen. I look out in the hallways and there's several aids and nurses gathered around the nurses station. There's never any water for him to drink in his room, I was with him several days ago and the nurse came down with me to get him and pulled his wheelchair faster than I could walk with a walker, he was walking and has a bad right knee that causes him a lot of apin and I wondered why she didn't walk at his pace or just a little faster, I thought it was cruel. I'm just so tired of voicing my concerns, its the little things that annoy me and it doesn't seem there's any oversight here.

Great Attitude

what really stands out about this community is the people. They are always pleasant and are always trying to help others have a good day. The attitude they have is just really great. I would recommend this community to anyone.

I liked the staff, very friendly. I ...

I liked the staff, very friendly. I liked the fact that the owners are "there". They facility showed a little age, but clean. They seemed to have a lot of activites planned for residents. 3 "halls" with activity coordinator for each hall, but overlapping with all residents. Garden both vegetable and flower. They have outings. Residents take ownership...one residents likes to sit at the reception desk as receptionist. 3300 for private room and 3000 for semi private. Can either supply the depends or order thru faciltiy, but cheaper if we purchase. We supply ensure. They have musicians come in from time to time. Have a resident committee monthly to discuss special activities.

Nice! Smaller than Independence Villa...

Nice! Smaller than Independence Village and Elmcroft. Friendly staff. Well integrated. Somewhat remote location, but only 30 minutes from Sanford & Raleigh. "Care stations" look like nurses stations in nursing homes. Smells VERY good. Nice rooms - studios. 3 levels: fairly independent, intermediate, and memory care. Staff does informal ongoing assessments.

Clean environment, friendly and exper...

Clean environment, friendly and experienced staff, overall great facility. Cul-d-sac location. Pet therapy. Would recommend to others.

I really liked the setting (rural) of...

I really liked the setting (rural) of this place. Everyone was very friendly and eager to answer questions. Facility was very clean and no patients were stuck in wheelchairs and placed around the nurses station. Patients were either in their rooms, voluntarily, or were engaged in other activities. A physician was present, reviewing charts, and an occupational therapist was leading a group in chair exercises. The young woman who gave us the tour was exceptionally nice and gave very clear info and answered our questions like a pro.

I visited Cambridge Hills on Friday, ...

I visited Cambridge Hills on Friday, January 14, 2011, and liked it very much. Director showed us facility. The place was pleasant, clean, the residents seemed happy and the staff caring.

A beautiful privately and locally owned facility located within the city limits of historical Pittsboro, North Carolina. We offer a comprehensive approach to senior care by meeting all the needs of individuals who require a full range of assistance from Independent, Assisted, and Hospice services. Accepting Private and Medicaid spend down residents.