The Residence at Pearl Street - Reading, MA

Look Else Where

Not a great place. A lot of turn over the with staff. None of them seem to be happy, seems like the staff doesn't want to be there. There are so many better places to put your parents in.

temoyann brown williams

Dear Johnny, we deeply regret to hear about your negative experience. We take tremendous pride in our associates here at The Residence at Pearl Street. We would like the opportunity to explore this deeper and gain the chance to turn your experience around. We appreciate any feedback that helps us to be a better community. Please reach out to us at [removed] at your earliest convenience and we will work to resolve this with you.

We like it

My mother in law seems to like the food most days. The staff have been helpful and accommodating. They are encouraging her to participate in the many daily activities they offer. They keep the community clean and the grounds are well maintained. This community is close to family and they offer the accommodations she needs. They have buzzer for when the residents need assistance. I would recommend this community.

temoyann brown williams

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about your experiences in our community. We strive to create the best engagement calendar, service and care to all of our residents and family members. Thank you for taking the time to offer your detailed sentiments. Please have an amazing day!

This just did not work for us

My dad's had a hard time here . They could not meet his needs and he constantly kept trying to escape through windows, doors anyway that he thought would get him out . There were not any activities to keep him busy . My father was very active so he had a hard time for someone that is not as active this would be a nice place

Jack Pacor

Dear Family Member,

We’re very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your father’s experience with us. We understand that each of our residents have specific needs that differ from one another, and we do our best to address each and every one of them. The security of our residents is extremely important to us, and we always do our best to ensure that our residents are safe. Our associates work very hard to consistently offer several events that keep our residents engaged, so we are sorry to hear that your father did not feel the same way. We are committed to making things right with you, and working toward improvement in the areas that we have fallen short allows for us to better serve our residents going forward. Please feel free to call us at [removed] to discuss further.

Satisfied son

My mother has been lining there for 30 days & from the first week she was happy there & it has only gotten better since. The staff & the residence there have all been very nice and helpful & attentive to her needs. I would say it's like living on a cruise ship plenty of activities all day. The food is very good & plenty of selection & all you want. The staff is happy and easy to call & get attention from. Best decision i could have made for my mother.

temoyann brown williams

Hello George, we are excited to hear that you feel so strongly about your mom's experience at The Residence at Pearl Street! Thank you for taking the time to write these positive words!

It is a good place to live.

I have lived at The Residence of Pearl Street for a couple of years. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They keep the community very clean and do a nice job in my apartment too. It is a good place to live.

Warm and Friendly

My Dad has been living at Pearl St. for four months and it was a pretty seamless transition. As a family, we have peace of mind knowing that he is cared for, has delicious food and people he can socialize with. My Dad enjoys participating in the activities and has felt welcomed by everyone. When asked how he feels about Pearl St. he says: "everyone is so nice here".
My family will attest to that as well...we are always greeted warmly by all of the staff as well as welcomed to join in and participate in the activities; whether it is a game of Bingo or Horse Racing it is great to see residents, staff and family alike laughing, joking and having some fun.

Living at Pearl St.

A couple of years ago I was living on my own. I had a medical condition that required more care. I realized I couldn't live on my own anymore. I started looking and saw many places. When I came to Pearl St., it impressed me right away. It was beautiful and so clean. The more I saw the more I liked it.

I cannot say enough about how much I love it here. The food is great and the staff is so helpful and professional. Colleen knows everything I like. I have things even before I ask. Colleen even adds special things that I really enjoy. I am anemic and she makes sure I have spinach everyday. I truly appreciate everything the staff does for me.

It is a relief to know there is a care staff here 24-7. It makes me feel very secure. They are all so great.

There is never a dull moment here. If you enjoying doing things, there is always something going on. I love the entertainment here. There are performers 2-3 times a week and they are all so talented.

The people here care so much. I am also so glad that Mark is part of the staff. He makes sure the building is well maintained and clean. He is always smiling and has a great sense of humor.

The van takes us walking, CVS and on trips. It is helpful to be able to pick up medications, less to worry about. John the van driver is so kind and courteous. He is a great asset to the staff here.

I am so happy here. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Life on Pearl St.

I have lived at The Residence at Pearl Street for 2 1/2 years. I really enjoy living here. It feels like a family here. The other residents are nice and friendly. There is always something to do and they have great entertainment 2 to 3 times a week. I would definitely recommend Pearl St.

Wonderful Facility

I moved my parents here from another facility in Stoneham that was just deplorable. The staff here is so friendly, caring, and always there to answer any questions. Mom and Dad have done wonderful here. There memory care unit is the best I have looked at. The residents even have access to an outdoor courtyard at all times to enjoy the nice weather. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a great place, especially with regards to the memory care unit.

Surprised and Disappointed

My mom has been been living here since 2012. I just recommended The Residence at Pearl Street to a friend and they told me that there were a few bad reviews on this site. I have to say after the change there were a few hiccups but the meals are so much better now and there is always something going on. My only recommendation to folks is that you should go and see for yourself. I know that there are many review sites and some don't always vet the comments the way they should.

Ted Doyle

Thank you for your kind words, Jason. It means so much when we here from the families of residents!

Not the same as Longwood Place

Please do not bring your parents here. When it was Longwood Place it was the best place in the state. The employees and management at Longwood place was there for ever and always cared for the residents. All of Longwood Place team has left in one year time, what does that tell you. No one in there right mine would ever bring there parents there.This is a company that keeps buying places up. They are in it just for the money. It is sad that Longwood Place is gone. These chains are going around buying all these small assisted livings and sooner or later they sell out or fold.

Ted Doyle

Dear Frank, We’re very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience with us. Each of our residents have different needs and we do our best to address them. We are always available and interested to hearing about and working through any issues our residents or families may be experiencing. Not only do we want to make things right with you, we believe that dealing with and remedying ways in which we may have fallen short makes us better able to serve all of our residents going forward. Feel free to call us at [removed] and ask for Sara Rizzari to discuss further.

STAY AWAY

Any positive review is done by LCB, this place is so cold to the residents. Management and all the help from Longwood Place is gone is less than a year. Do not bring your parents here. There are so many places that are more caring. This company is in it just for the money. STAY AWAY

Ted Doyle

Dear Vinny, We’re very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience here with us. It is not okay for anybody in our community's or their families to feel anything less than completely satisfied. We do our best to not only manage our residents, but also to work through any issues they may be having. We truly appreciate open communication and would love a chance to discuss your concerns further with you. Feel free to call us at [removed] and ask for Sara Rizzari to discuss further.

Look elsewhere

Pearl Street was initially fabulous. Once the company changed hands things went down hill and fast. Food was horrible, not enough staff, missed medications constantly changing staff. One hand never knew what the other was doing. Very very disappointed. I cannot even tell you the marked change in my mother since moving her from Pearl Street. Very Disappointing experience.

Stay away

Not a good place. Big turn over with the help. Longwood Place was a warm feeling with the employees. This company is so cold to the residents. The management and all the help from Longwood Place are all gone. You have to ask yourself why. Stay away from this place

Ted Doyle

I'm very sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with The Residence at Pearl Street. Not knowing what your affiliation with our community is, I nevertheless would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss any concerns. We realize that despite our best intentions, we sometimes fall short of the mark, and we always welcome the opportunity to improve what we do.

Please feel free to call me directly. Sincerely, Sara Rizzari (Executive Director)

What a beautiful place! Everyone was very nice and the residents were delightful. It was clean and bright and lunch smelled delicious!

Ted Doyle

Thank you so much for your kind words!

New management. All the Longwood staff has left. Major turnover with the help. The new management is cold and [removed]. Upper management don't seem to care for the residents all all.

Ted Doyle

Dear Reviewer: We’re very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience here with us. It is never okay for our residents or their families to feel anything less than completely satisfied with our services or our staff. We are always available and interested to hearing about and working through any issues our residents or families may be experiencing. Not only do we want to make things right with you, we believe that dealing with and remedying ways in which we may have fallen short makes us better able to serve all of our residents going forward. Please contact our Executive Director Sara Rizzari at [removed] to discuss further.

Great Community

This community is really clean and the staff is really friendly. There are no odors and the house keeping staff really does a great job. The staff here seems to have a real passion for working here and what have to offer their residents. It is just an outstanding community and I would recommend to anyone.

The Residence at Pearl Street, located at 75 Pearl Street in Reading, MA, offering Assisted Living and Reflections Memory Care for discerning seniors. Just steps from the vibrant town center, The Residence at Pearl Street gives residents the peace and comfort that they’re looking for in a friendly social atmosphere that promotes life, learning, laughter and continuous personal growth.

Our Reflections Memory Care neighborhood is renowned for its approach, and benefits from our collaboration with Brigham & Women’s Hospital, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

Serving Reading, North Reading, Stoneham, Burlington, Wakefield, Wilmington, Woburn and other fine communities.