Symphony Square - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Symphony Square - Bala Cynwyd, PA has yet not published prices.

Symphony Square, conveniently located on the Main Line near Philadelphia in beautiful Lower Merion Township, offers a variety of shared and private senior living apartment options including private studios, one bedroom apartments, one bedroom with den, and two bedroom apartments with amenities such as beautiful kitchenettes, alcove dining, spacious walk in closets, granite counter-tops, and much more.

In keeping with our reputation for excellent care and services, Symphony Square offers

•Individualized plans of care for each and every resident
•Assistance with activities of daily living
•Dedicated and caring staff
•Delicious meals and snacks with alternative menus
•State of the art medication management systems
•Onsite rehabilitation therapy
•Elegant decor
•Bistro
•Library
•Dedicated State-of-the-art Memory Care Neighborhood

We toured Symphony Square and it was a nice community, more like a luxury hotel. The staff was friendly and were very helpful in answering the questions we had. The community was laid out so that no one could wander. It didn't have the homey feel we were looking for. It seemed quiet and subdued. We needed something more active for my loved one.

I am very happy that my Parents are here

My parents are very happy at Symphony Square it is beautifully decorated, and they are starting to join in some of the many activities that are offered there. There are also field trips with shopping and special events for the residents who want to join in. My parents like the dining area and the food is fantastic. I am very comfortable with my parents being at Symphony Square.

I had A Pleasant Tour of this Community

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went pretty well. The community from what I was shown looked nice, everything was nice, and clean. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. I didn't feel this was the community for my father, but they treated us very well during our tour.

Symphony Square is more up to date for hard of hearing and deaf residents. They are having ASL classes at the facility for the employees. They do have an employee is very fluent in ASL. The Caregiver Aids are assigned to the resident rooms/apt to check on them and assist for what they need on a daily basis.I think this is the best fit for my parents to have the care, be secure, safe and comfortable in their own room/apt.

Tour by[Removed]- Very nice designated assisted care facility. Well maintained, friendly staff. One bedroom deluxe room was good size with nice window views. Scheduled a follow-up visit with Mother-in Law to see. It is located in a residential community with not much area around the facility.

please be aware that the owners and administrators decided to lay off all nursing staff. Do not send anyone there unless it is rectified.My dad is there and we are activly looking to get him out. The CNA staff are caring and overworked.

Symphony Square - good choice

From the initial visit, the staff at Symphony Square treated my parents as individuals and still vital contributors to society -- this would not be a move into a facility or an 'old folks home'. The common areas of Symphony Square are furnished as a hotel or community vs the more severe setting in other assisted living places we visited. Also there are more food options than at other places with breakfast and lunch made to order.

It has been a big transition for my parents -- moving from a large home to a small apartment (2 bedrooms, sitting area, and kitchenette) yet both agree that Symphony Square offers sufficient space for what is needed by them at this time.

The staff is kind, helpful, and respectful -- very pleased with Symphony Square.

Great care

What a bright community! The staff are friendly and seem very happy. From our initial tour to today everyone has helped us and been responsive. I truly appreciate the care my father receives.

Great care

Happy Resident

I live here and I have to say Jonathan does a great job with activities. We went to dinner and the theater the other night and I had a very good time.

My Mothers New Home

Great facility, friendly staff, committed management. Could improve incontinence management with the time it takes to get to the patient for changes. Overall, great senior living home.

Memory Care

My Father In-Law lived in memory care at Symphony Square. All of the staff were very courteous and friendly. The administration was caring and easy to deal with. They mad us feel welcome and cared for.

Tour went wonderfully. We will move forward with a deposit within the next day or so.

Staff is exceedingly kind

I think Symphony Square is a very nice facility and the staff is exceedingly kind. Things are going very well there.

Memory Care!

What a Gem! I have placed my Mom in the Memory Care and thank goodness I did. The staffing is 3 residents for every 1 staff member, I was paying for a private aide before and Mom was sitting alone with the aide all day. Now my mother is involved in great activities and I get emails of with pictures on what she has been doing. I am so happy with Symphony Square.

Great communication

This is a very comfortable place with a homey atmosphere. They really have a great level of care and are very compassionate with the residents. Great communication between staff and the families.

My Friend moved in this week. I was nervous he has dementia and needs personal care. Symphony Squares Director and Nurse came to our house personally to meet him. That was something that no other place we looked at offered. The care in the dementia unit is top notch. The stafff are all very caring. The other families that I have met are all very nice and all seem happy. That has meaning to a person my age. Happiness, is the most important thing and truely people at Symphony Square seem happy.

Happy Grandson

My Grandfather needed a quick move in for a respite. Thank you team symphony for working hard to make him feel comfortable and happy. He has participated in PT while at Symphony Square anbd really enjoyed the great activities offered.

I am very happy with Symphony Square. My father lives in assisted-living, before he moved in he was very worried there would be nothing to do. He was afraid he would be one of those old people in the lobby of a nursing home. Symphony Square is the opposite of that. Jonathan the activities director has made sure to bring in more artistic activities. There is painting with an art therapist twice a week a theater company comes in and working with the residents. My father goes on ever trip, and there are many trips. The administrator gives out his personal cell phone to the families, as does the head nurse. They know my father, they know his favorite food, and what he would like to do for activities. The little touches that have recently come to Symphony Square is what keeps us here.

My mother is at Symphony Square. We had looked all everywhere for the right place. She originally went to Sunrise in Haverford, but that did not work well for us. They were angry when we asked them to help toilette her. So on a Sunday I called the Marketer Linda and they came out and assessed Mom. She is 95 and truly cannot take care of herself. The staff at Symphony Squarre have gone out of their way to work with us, there was a period of adjustment it was hard for us and mom but now she is thriving getting involved in activities thanks to Jonathan and really enjoying her life. Thank you Symphony Squarre for allowing me to be a Daughter and not a care giver.

I have Sympathy for the residents and staff in this building

Not impressed at all. I toured about a year ago and it was a completely different place then. I don't know what has happened in the last year but it definitely shows. I toured again last week for my mother. The staff appears miserable. My tour started with staff complaining about the director of nursing in the elevator and how incompetent she is. Then at one point I was introduced to the director, who walked by and wasn't even going to say hi until someone stopped him. He was very arrogant telling me his dad owns the company, like I care who he is or why he got a job there. I just wanted to hear about how they were going to give my mom the best care possible at the end of her life. I received no reassurance. I left there so disappointed. I decided to take my mom to Sunrise.

Symphony Square

My Mother lives in Symphony Squares Dementia unit and it is one of the best decisions I have made. Dealing with a parent who has dementia is one of the hardest things I have had to do and Symphony Square and the staff there helped us with the process. I wanted one on one care and they have that. The Memory Care unit is small only 12 people but they have 3 to 4 staff on at all times. The staff are great they have activities going all day well into the night, from gardening to games my mother is always active. I would highly recommend Symphony Square.

Our parents lived at Symphony Square for about six months. For regular assisted living it is fine. The staff are all very friendly and very accommodating, the food is good, the surroundings are beautiful. The activities staff work hard to provide fun and different activities for residents.

We DO NOT recommend the "memory care" unit. The design is poor with hallways leading to exit doors that have windows. One windowed door looks out to the main activity area, with lots going on. The other leads to their garden. This is not a good design for a dementia patient as it leads to distress, they want to go through the door but they can't, especially if they can see activity going on. There is one main area where they can be and no place to wander without ending up with a windowed door. The staff are very nice and accommodating, however they are not well trained or supervised. There is always a schedule of activities posted but never actually done. They park the residents around the TV (dementia patients have visual disturbances and often find TV frustrating and confusing as a result) while they talk among themselves or are texting on their cell phones. There have been significant lapses in care.

For regular assisted living, no complaints. We WOULD NOT RECOMMEND for DEMENTIA or ALZHEIMER'S CARE. Poor physical design with poorly trained and supervised staff.

Review of symphony square

Our mother has been at SSQ for a while. The hands on staff are generally very caring and loving. The communication between the administration and the resident's family is poor and worrisome. The communication from administration to line staff is poor, often resulting in the staff being unaware of residents issues. The staff that feels this as a "calling" are great but they are not trained , under staffed (although meets the state guidelines). The excellent staff are not rewarded and have frequently left. The resident's families formed a family council which has been the best source of information. The council has had multiple requests to meet with the owners and have been refused. The food is inconsistent and seems to reflect budget issues. the activities have been very poor. One of the greatest strength's is that the family members visit frequently and often live in the area. This place has great potential but has been very disappointing.

Wonderfull expierence

I want to symphony Square on Sunday, For a tour I meet the CEO Sue McClain She gave me a phenomenal tour of your beautiful building, I happened to Sundays show. It was wonderful, Thanks for giving me a wonderful tour.

Great time had by all

I was at Symphony Square of Bala-Cynwyd. To take a tour. When I arrived their. There was a show going on for the residents, It was truly amazing. he was an Elvis Impersonator. He was so entertaining the residents loved him. They where clapping and singing. The staff where having a great time the residents. It warmed my heart to see the smiles on all of their faces. I would recommend this facility to friends and family.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place looked nice overall, and I was impressed with what I saw here! It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They are worth a look, if you are looking into senior living in the area!

Review of Symphony Square Assisted Living in Bala Cynwyd, PA

My mother recently moved into this community. The community is very clean and the staff are beyond courteous. We truly feel that we made an excellent choice.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have gone well with Symphony Square! The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They do a good job taking care of their residents, and have a good variety of activities to keep everyone entertained. They could stand to work on their internal communications a bit, sometimes it takes a few attempts for a request to get through to the person who needs to hear it.

review for Symphony Square in Bala Cynwyd PA

Staff is nice. Food is good. Lots of activities. Everyone is nice.

The move begins....

I found the experience through "A Place for Mom" pleasant,
exceedingly helpful and quick. The counselor was able to ask pointed questions to identify my needs for my parents and then provided me with appropriate places that met my needs. Tours were set up which saved me time and effort.

I did tour the faciities provided and she was able to assist me with comparisons and what to look for.. I am in the home health business being an occupational therapist , but when it is your own family oftentimes it becomes more difficult.

Symphony Square was the first tour and I arrived somewhat earlier than expected (purposefully so). I was able to sit in the beautiful sitting area and observe the dining room and the staffs interaction with residents...I was also able to converse with a resident who had recently moved from the same area as my parents. He expressed his dismay at living in such a facility (which I anticipated ). He did acknowledge that any move would have been upsetting ... but did also acknowledge that as far as places go this was very nice ; staff was great and food was great. This I felt was a great start.

The staff met with me and provided me with a lovely tour ; answered all my questions and I found there facility hard to beat.

Subsequently I did return as well as calling Linda to discuss costs; details and found her to be always available and willing to discuss whatever I needed. I followed this up with a visit with my parents and sister and found the experience pleasant for all involved.

My parents were effusive about the experience and were eager to commit. Although my father did respond with the decision to allow my mother to move without him..I listened and allowed him the time to arrive at the decision to move with her.
Currently we are scheduled to move within the week (the process made exceptionally easy) and I am confident all will fall ito place.

New, don't really know repu...

New, don't really know reputation. Beautiful place but seems very expensive for the size of the building and rooms.