The Palms - La Mirada, CA

The food at the palms is not very good and seems to be getting worse. It appears that we are being served more and more sandwiches especially at the dinner meal. The meat is oftentimes cut extremely thin and it is tough. More vegetables would be most welcome. Meal service is very slow.
Soiled dishes are frequently left in the hallways and occasionally in the laundry room prior to being returned to the kitchen for proper cleaning.
Laundry rooms are heavily used by both residents and caregivers, making it very difficult for residents who do their own laundry to get in when necessary.

Food quality going downhill

When I first visited the Palms for my mom, I was quite happy with it. Unfortunately, my mom has recently been quite dissatisfied. She says that the quality of the food has gone down quite a bit. She also notes that it is very difficult to get access to a washer or dryer because the caregivers are often using them. There are meetings with the managers from time to time but my mom says that the residents have become complacent after speaking up and not seeing anything change. I have to say that one of the main reasons I encouraged my mom to move to the Palms was the quality of the food. With that going downhill, I would encourage people to consider other places unless manager makes a commitment to improving it.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience you have had at The Palms recently. We would appreciate the opportunity to make things right for you and your mom. Our General Manager, Paula, would like to speak with you further. Please reach out to her at [removed]. We hope to hear from you soon, so that we can provide a better experience. Thank you!

Mom's Care

We liked that care that we received.for my mom's care. The staff was nice and helpful to her needs. the community was clean and maintained. The menu was appealing and she seemed to like what was offered. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one for the value and care.

The Food is not good

Mom is extremely happy here. She is making friends and has joined all the actives and social hours she can handle. Overall from what I can see the place is clean however the hall rugs are in desperate need of replacing and the elevators could be a little faster you have to wait what seems like a long time for them.
The staff is friendly and helpful if needed. Everyone seems to complain about the food and they don't seem to care for the chef too much. Mom didn't need to go on any other tours of properties she saw this place and liked it so we went with it.

TLC for my wife

This is a wonderful community for my wife. I am happy that the community is very clean. They clean the hallways, but always clean. I have had a meal with my wife and the food is outstanding. They do offer her a lot of activities. I am very happy with the care that my wife is getting at a wonderful community and would recommend this community for other families for the great care and value.

Good adjustment

My father is doing much better than I expected here. I'm impressed the most with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is also very friendly.

Great place for us. Staff goes to great lenghs to ensure tenants are happy and comfortable. Care givers are fantastic!

Both [Removed] from the sales team and [Removed] from the company that contracts with the Palms were well informed, professional and very kind. The facility is clean, well maintained and the residents seemed happy. Despite our concerns about the distance from our home, we would be happy to place our parents here.

Maybe you could take a look

This community had an older feel to it I think it might have been due to the decor. I did not like that you had to deal with an outside management company on the assisted living. I did not think this would be a good fit for my parents.

The community was warm and inviting. The one bedroom units had large windows and balconies or small patios with screen doors which let in a lot of natural light and fresh air if you wanted it. The residents had smiles for the sales leader that showed me around and she knew them all by name. She was very pleasant and had a caring demeanor.

Perfect for an active, independent senior

We toured this community when looking for my father. It was by far his favorite but his care needs exceeded what they offer. They offer very spacious modern rooms. They offer many activities and the community is within walking distance of parks and shopping. My dad thought this place was perfect and the price was reasonable.

Hotel Feeling!!

When i walked in this place it gave the feeling of a hotel. The set up of the community was really nice. They were pet friendly you would see some residents with their pets walking around. The guide took me to see their indoor common area that looked like a library. I really liked what i saw the staff were friendly and the cleanliness was good.

Amazing Community

This is an amazing facility, everyone here is absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately my parents wanted to move back to their home, but it was a nice experience. It is a very nice and clean community. The staff was great, they were amazing to work with. The one thing they need to work on is the food, it needs to be better. This is community I would recommend.

She Stays Busy With All The Activities They Offer

They are taking good care of my mother here at this community. Everything is working out well and I'am pleased. The community looks great, they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff is very helpful, everyone is kind and friendly. She is trying all the activities they offer. The food is very good, they serve excellent meals. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. I would recommend this facility.

The Right Decision

From the moment my folks moved in, the staff has been supportive. The place is very clean, well staffed. The meals are really good. After two weeks, my parents are still adjusting to their new apartment, but all seems very good. We helped to make the right decision.

Mom Is Happy

My mom has been there for 6 weeks, she seems happy there. I live in another state and I haven't been back since she has been placed there.

Genuinely Caring

I think that they were very accommodating with my loved ones needs. They really do care, so they are a genuine company and the staff is well-picked. They are very accommodating as well. Transportation could improve, and also better communication with the caregivers. In general, I think they really good.

It's been great! They have been lovely.

It's been great! They have been lovely. I would give them a five out of five at this point. I am really happy with them.

Beautiful facility. Lots of floor plans available. Facilities managers live on site. Higher end of pricing. Rating only based on 1 hr visit.

really accommodating

They are really accommodating at The Palms. Everything is going really well here. I cant think of anything that I would have them improve upon. Overall it has been a good experience at this facility.

You won't find a better place

Very clean, updated and most of all everyone is extremely friendly from the staff to the residents.

Very updated and the staff and occupants have been the most friendly, kind and welcoming to my mother and family.

Clean facility with GREAT staff!

Both of my parents live there with their dog, they are very pet-friendly and even had a dress-up pet parade for the residents! Also, the staff MAKES the facility; they are inviting, make us feel welcome and are accommodating to us even as a large family; they are also very supportive, and made an awful situation a very positive one. Would give 10 stars if I could!

Great Place!

My mother in law is currently residing in the independent living area of this great community. The Palms seems to be very clean and the staff is very attentive 24 hours per day. The owners do live on site. The only improvement that I could see would be better quality of food. Food is basically good, but some improvements could be made.

Everyone is like family

The entire staff treats you like a family member. The food is great and I love the special events when we have upgraded food like prime rib or salmon. There is always lots to do and they have some good entertainment. I have made a lot of friends here and I don't plan on ever leaving.

Very nice but very expensive.

We looked here when we were touring and they were very nice. They were also very expensive, and they don't have any assistance. It's an independent community they don't have the level of assistance that we were looking for. A very nice place though.

I'm satisfied with everything at the ...

I'm satisfied with everything at the Palms. Things are going pretty good, and my experience had been good. I'm satisfied with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and care provided. My only complaint is that they change management too often. Besides that, overall I'm pleased.

Disorganized and Costly!

I was surprised by the disorganization and messiness of the floor plan of the two-bedroom I toured! It seriously looks like it was cut up into several pieces and then thrown back together again. Then, they told me just how expensive the room was and my jaw dropped. On top of it all, they also require a full month's rent as their move-in fee! I would like another place to live, but this is definitely not worth it!

Holiday Retirement

We're sorry you didn't like the floorplan you toured. We actually have a variety of two-bedroom layouts at The Palms (depending on availability), and another might better suit your taste. We encourage you to visit again, and we might have another two-bedroom available with a floorplan you'll enjoy. Also, our prices are all-inclusive, meaning your monthly rent payment covers utilities, transportation, daily activities, linen service, three meals a day, and much more. You're not just paying for a room, but for a lifestyle that's maintenance-free and carefree. And the community fee is simply a way for us to keep our building and grounds safe and looking beautiful, so our residents can enjoy the retirement they deserve. That's why we think our community is a tremendous value, and we hope you'll visit again.

Lovely garden area...

This community is very team oriented - overall The Palms works with their contacting agencies really well so that they work as a team and they support each other. The families that are there benefit from this holistic approach. My brother and sister like the food. The laundry has some little issues . Lovely garden area with paths that they can’t get lost in.

I Was Really Impressed

I really liked it very much but it was just out of my price range. I though the people were very nice and I liked that they had more bus service. They had bus services in the afternoons and more activities going on and everything. I was really very impressed with the Palms.

Awesome Senior Community

After looking at many senior living facilities, walking into The Palms felt like home!! Beautiful home like common areas. My mom instantly knew this was where she belonged. All the amenities help her feel so independent and the on site managers is a bonus. Very friendly and welcoming staff.

Seemed like excellent facility;

Seemed like excellent facility;

Like and in the running!

Like and in the running!

Very Happy w/ the Director and love t...

Very Happy w/ the Director and love the facility. Believe this is the best option w/ Spokane facility as a "starter". Most important is the VA $$$ credit. AFTER this, I think we can start to see some decisions being made.

A retirement home for residents who a...

A retirement home for residents who are more independent. Not for my mom, she needs more assistance.

Big rooms, open common area, very nic...

Big rooms, open common area, very nice, good food, nice staff and residents. Really liked. Retirement living.

Bathed in the bright sun of southern California, The Palms is nestled in a very quiet suburb of Los Angeles, right next to Orange County. You’ll love our friendly staff and everything there is to see and do just minutes from your doorstep. All the entertainment, healthcare, fine dining and culture that Los Angeles has to offer are yours to enjoy.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

The Palms is located in La Mirada, CA, a small city outside of Los Angeles that takes pride in maintaining its beauty.

- Population: The population of La Mirada is under 50,000 people. The average age of its residents is around 39 years old. It's a great city to retire to.
- Walkability: The walk score for the city is a 47. Most errands will require the use of a car to complete. Some downtown and park areas are great for walking around.
- Senior Facilities: There are many senior facilities in this area.
- Weather: Residents will experience typical California weather in this region. Warm summers with temps averaging in the 70s and above and a cool season in the low 50s.

La Mirada, CA is a small place with a big heart. The city truly takes pride in enhancing the lives of its residents through programs and the upkeep around town.

Transportation

The Palms offers transportation services to its residents or they can choose to use city options. La Mirada Transit operates a low-fare bus system to its residents. Rides can be as needed last minute or scheduled in advance. For other options there are:

- mytaxicabs: taxi service in and around town.
- Savetag Taxi of Buena Park: taxi cab service in and around town.
- Amtrak: station in nearby Fullerton, CA, trains available for a variety of trips. Seniors receive a discount on tickets.

Medical Services

Residents of La Mirada have access to great medical care via the many hospitals and medical centers in surrounding towns.

- Coast Plaza Hospital: acute care hospital serving the community for urgent and routine medical needs.
- Beverly Hospital: hospital with a large variety of services from emergency to routine medical care.
- Kindred Hospital La Mirada: rehabilitation hospital for surgical and other recoveries.

Sports & Leisure

The City of La Mirada operates a senior activity center for its residents with a variety of services. They offer recreation like billiards, exercise class, and arts & crafts. They also offer computer class, social services, and health & wellness programs.

There are several golf courses in the area as Californians can play all year long! Some of the most popular courses in the area are:

- La Miranda Golf Course: popular golf course with driving range and practice area.
- Los Coyotes Country Club: upscale golf club with professionally designed 27 holes of golf, tennis courts, and a restaurant.
- Westridge Golf Club: 18 holes of golf with stunning scenery.

La Mirada has many beautiful parks for residents to spend the day. Many have walking paths, tennis courts, and picnic areas. The city takes pride in maintaining the aesthetic look of their town and the immaculate grounds of the parks really show it.

- Neff Park: large park with sports facilities, picnic areas, and historic buildings.
- La Mirada Community Regional Park: large park with disc golf, tennis courts, and a pond.
- Splash: a large heated water park and pools with a variety of activities. Swimming lessons and activities, fun for the entire family!

Shopping

There are many places to shop in the city. Whether its a mall or a boutique, residents can find everything they want and more!

- Village Circle On The Beach: a collection of popular stores and restaurants.
- Mirada West Shopping Center: grocery items, everyday goods, and restaurants.
- Walmart Supercenter: grocery items, everyday goods, clothing, and more!
- Starter Bros. Market: a grocery store with a variety of goods.

Restaurants

The favorite fast food restaurants are available in this small town. Residents can enjoy a quick bite from Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Burger King. There are also several family style places to have a great sit-down meal:

- Agrusa's Italian Restaurant: casual local restaurant for pizza and Italian dinners.
- Clearman's North Woods Inn: lodge-style restaurant serving steak and American favorites.
- Kira Kira: Japanese-style restaurant.

Entertainment

There is plenty to do in and around for evening entertainment or a rainy day. Residents have access to a movie theater, performing arts theatre, and many lounges and bars.

- AMC Classic La Mirada 7: chain movie theatre with comfortable seating and large screens.
- La Mirada Theatre For The Performing Arts: performing arts theatre with a variety of shows and music.
- Sportsmen's Lounge: bar with live entertainment and sports on TVs.

Religious Services

The Palms is close to many churches. Religious services can be found nearby at these locations:

- Redeemer Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- La Mirada Christian Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Lighthouse Christian Church: place of worship, open to the public.

La Mirada may be small compared to its big city neighbors, but that's what makes it such a unique place. It's a great place to live for people who want to relax in a smaller community.