We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
Holiday Retirement provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.
Bathed in the bright sun of southern California, The Palms is nestled in a very quiet suburb of Los Angeles, right next to Orange County. You’ll love our friendly staff and everything there is to see and do just minutes from your doorstep. All the entertainment, healthcare, fine dining and culture that Los Angeles has to offer are yours to enjoy.
Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Most utilities
Friends in 300 places
Holiday Retirement offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.
Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday Retirement does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.
Our live-in managers are dedicated to making your life with us a truly special experience, and we look forward to meeting you.
Call today to schedule your personal tour and learn more about joining our family!
The Palms is located in La Mirada, CA, a small city outside of Los Angeles that takes pride in maintaining its beauty.
- Population: The population of La Mirada is under 50,000 people. The average age of its residents is around 39 years old. It's a great city to retire to.
- Walkability: The walk score for the city is a 47. Most errands will require the use of a car to complete. Some downtown and park areas are great for walking around.
- Senior Facilities: There are many senior facilities in this area.
- Weather: Residents will experience typical California weather in this region. Warm summers with temps averaging in the 70s and above and a cool season in the low 50s.
La Mirada, CA is a small place with a big heart. The city truly takes pride in enhancing the lives of its residents through programs and the upkeep around town.
The Palms offers transportation services to its residents or they can choose to use city options. La Mirada Transit operates a low-fare bus system to its residents. Rides can be as needed last minute or scheduled in advance. For other options there are:
- mytaxicabs: taxi service in and around town.
- Savetag Taxi of Buena Park: taxi cab service in and around town.
- Amtrak: station in nearby Fullerton, CA, trains available for a variety of trips. Seniors receive a discount on tickets.
Residents of La Mirada have access to great medical care via the many hospitals and medical centers in surrounding towns.
- Coast Plaza Hospital: acute care hospital serving the community for urgent and routine medical needs.
- Beverly Hospital: hospital with a large variety of services from emergency to routine medical care.
- Kindred Hospital La Mirada: rehabilitation hospital for surgical and other recoveries.
Sports & Leisure
The City of La Mirada operates a senior activity center for its residents with a variety of services. They offer recreation like billiards, exercise class, and arts & crafts. They also offer computer class, social services, and health & wellness programs.
There are several golf courses in the area as Californians can play all year long! Some of the most popular courses in the area are:
- La Miranda Golf Course: popular golf course with driving range and practice area.
- Los Coyotes Country Club: upscale golf club with professionally designed 27 holes of golf, tennis courts, and a restaurant.
- Westridge Golf Club: 18 holes of golf with stunning scenery.
La Mirada has many beautiful parks for residents to spend the day. Many have walking paths, tennis courts, and picnic areas. The city takes pride in maintaining the aesthetic look of their town and the immaculate grounds of the parks really show it.
- Neff Park: large park with sports facilities, picnic areas, and historic buildings.
- La Mirada Community Regional Park: large park with disc golf, tennis courts, and a pond.
- Splash: a large heated water park and pools with a variety of activities. Swimming lessons and activities, fun for the entire family!
There are many places to shop in the city. Whether its a mall or a boutique, residents can find everything they want and more!
- Village Circle On The Beach: a collection of popular stores and restaurants.
- Mirada West Shopping Center: grocery items, everyday goods, and restaurants.
- Walmart Supercenter: grocery items, everyday goods, clothing, and more!
- Starter Bros. Market: a grocery store with a variety of goods.
The favorite fast food restaurants are available in this small town. Residents can enjoy a quick bite from Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Burger King. There are also several family style places to have a great sit-down meal:
- Agrusa's Italian Restaurant: casual local restaurant for pizza and Italian dinners.
- Clearman's North Woods Inn: lodge-style restaurant serving steak and American favorites.
- Kira Kira: Japanese-style restaurant.
There is plenty to do in and around for evening entertainment or a rainy day. Residents have access to a movie theater, performing arts theatre, and many lounges and bars.
- AMC Classic La Mirada 7: chain movie theatre with comfortable seating and large screens.
- La Mirada Theatre For The Performing Arts: performing arts theatre with a variety of shows and music.
- Sportsmen's Lounge: bar with live entertainment and sports on TVs.
The Palms is close to many churches. Religious services can be found nearby at these locations:
- Redeemer Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- La Mirada Christian Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Lighthouse Christian Church: place of worship, open to the public.
La Mirada may be small compared to its big city neighbors, but that's what makes it such a unique place. It's a great place to live for people who want to relax in a smaller community.