The Palms at Bonaventure - Ventura, CA

I think well of this community!!

During the tour we were able to share a meal with some of the residents. The food was good and we got to get an honest look at the community. The one issue I did see is that they only have a Nurse on duty for 16 hours a day and the other 8 it was a CNA. My wife's needs require 24 hour supervision and this situation did not work for her.

Working Out Well

Everything is going very well for my father at this community. The community is very nice looking, they keep everything nice and clean. The staff has been wonderful to work with. There are nice activities offered. He enjoys the food, they serve nice meals. This is a community I would recommend.

The Best Place Around

I think that they are short staffed and that information does not always flow down to the caregivers. Our experience is that some of the people are stellar, but other people are just not. It just feels like some of the staff are not as intuitive as others. Overall, it's the best place around and they are kind to her. As far as communication, all that is very easy and open.

very good care

They have done really well. They take very good care of my dad. He has a lot of problems and they help out with everything that he needs. It has really been a very good experience so far and I would highly recommend The Palms at Bonaventure .

amazing

Brandy, the director, is great. She offers really great customer service. The facility is very nice, and all the staff there are great. It is an amazing place.

good tour, but a little leery

I just had one tour several months ago. I ended up not selecting them because I was quite leery of their point system for the different levels of care that they offer, as I felt that could add up quickly and be unpredictable.

Beautiful Building Far Out of Town

The price was really high, and it was really far out of Ventura. I would have thought it would be lower because it was so far out of town. The building was nice and beautiful and fairly new. My husband had worked in that area only a couple years ago and he'd never seen it before. They had everything from senior apartments to assisted living to memory care.

Didn't Seem Friendly

I thought the facility and stuff was nice but there were a couple of people that work there that I was just kind of put off by. It was clean from what I could see. We didn't spend much time there because it didn't seem like a friendly atmosphere.

Very Big, Staff Wasn't Very Friendly

We did not choose this place. We felt the physical facility were better at another place and actually we looked at this a few times and we felt it was so big. We were a little bit overwhelmed with it. The staff seemed like they just weren't as much on top of things. The certainly not as friendly or outgoing as some other places. They just were not pleasant.

$5100/mo for private studio...

$5100/mo for private studio but transportation is free and they have mass. Could involve her in residential activities. Fee scale goes up.

Nice, warm and friendly atmosphere. C...

Nice, warm and friendly atmosphere. Clean, bright units. Lots to do. Pretty location. Very friendly staff. Residents milling about quite happily.

The Palms is beautifully designed with spacious common areas to enjoy with family and friends. Our elegant dining room serves three chef-prepared meals every day. Activities are an integral part of the lifestyle at The Palms and include arts, crafts, table games, fitness classes, and outings. Weekly movies are shown on the wide-screen TV with refreshments on the house. On the quieter side, residents can take advantage of our library or relaxing whirlpool.

Health and personal care services are coordinated by our licensed nurses.

The Palms Memory Care, located within The Palms is our memory care community, offering the perfect solution for families seeking a safe, supervised, and caring environment for their loved ones with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias. With a compassionate, experienced staff, our secured community combines all the comforts of home with a physical design specifically created to enhance quality of life for residents with memory impairment.