Cypress Place - Ventura, CA

Very nice place. This is now at the top of my list, I can see my Mom living here.

Steve Spira

Thank you for taking the time to share such a kind review of our community. We appreciate the positive feedback and would be more than happy to host your mother for a tour so she can experience all we have to offer firsthand. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or inquiries that may arise in the future.

Wonderful retirement place!

This by far the nicest, most caring assisted living facility in Ventura. My mother-in-law and father-in-law went to this facility. The staff are top notch and the facility itself is lovely - feels as close to a home as possible. Bring your parents here - you will be glad that you did.

Residents Seem to Know And Interact With Each Other

We toured a few different communities before settling on this one. It is smaller in size compared to the other ones that we looked at which I think is a much better fit for my mom. Mom wanted a one bedroom unit which they had available but what was good is that it was in the main building not off in another location on the grounds. The grounds are well maintained as well as the inside. Mom gets housekeeping once a week but if there is an issue they come in and take care of it. The staff is courteous and patient and understanding.
I've eaten here several times and the food is wonderful. The staff keeps in good communication with me and if there is a problem or an issue they work with me to find a solution that keeps everyone happy.

All questions answered

This community is nice and it is kept clean and neat. The staff when I took my tour was great about answering all questions that I had. The community was well maintained and kept clean from what I can see. This just was not a good fit for my loved one.

Wonderful - great balance.

This is a wonderful facility. We have not moved in yet (to Memory Care for my spouse). I cannot rate some of these criteria from experience, but only as compared to the other facilities I visited before selecting Cypress Place. The room and grounds are beautiful.
The team at Cypress has been very helpful in answering all my questions and doing the move-in prep work. I am looking forward to a smooth move next week.
Mostly, I found this to be a great balance of quality and cost.

We met with Mike and were advised that their facility isn't within our budget, so we didn't end up touring. Their common area was very nice and Mike was gracious to me and my brother, even though they were far higher than my dad's budget will allow.

I like it a lot.

I like it a lot. The food is good, but it's not always good. So the food would probably be about a 3. Everyone seems very friendly and cordial. I would recommend this place to a friend.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place overall, but I don't think it would have been a good fit for my loved one. It just seemed a little too large and institutional, and our loved one is more the small quiet place with a garden type.

Difficult Layout

Memory care is all on one side of the building. but if you're upstairs you can't get downstairs. You'd have to go out of memory care, down into main assisted living part then back around. It's a hard way to get around, you had to actually be walked anywhere by an employee. It was very nice though and I had a neighbor who had looked into it for herself. It's in residential area, which could be good or bad. There's not a lot of grounds, but there was a nice patio on the inside. The woman running it was more business like, but she promised us a free lunch and we never got it! I don't know, she probably just forgot.

Friendly, Smaller Community

I moved mother to Cypress Place. It's very friendly and seems to be smaller than some of the other senior place. My mother is in assisted living so they have regular retired people living there on their own too but my mother is in the assisted living and it seems to be very nice. The care that I have her set up for seem to working out well. My mother's in pretty good shape but she's starting with dementia and forgets to take medicine and certain things - that's why she needed assisted living. They have constant activities. She has a few that she goes to but she's pretty set in her ways. We keep pushing her to get her more involved. I think it's going to take time.

I think when someone first goes to a place like this it's important to talk to them and welcome them so they don't feel so alone or like the new person on the block. They need to be trying to get them involved. Cypress seems to have people that try to get my mom involved in things. It's just a gradual working process.

I Didn't Care for the Building

That was not my favorite. It was just not very bright. The lady was very nice and very accommodating - it was the building, the room and the accommodations in general. It was more dark and dreary.

Stairs and Elevators

I really like this community too but my father-in-law was concerned with all the stairs around there. I said he could use the elevator but he didn't like the idea of that either. I think he likes to be able to walk right out and have everything on one level. I thought they were very nice.

Great Staff and Lovely Garden Area

I think there could be more activities for people like my mom who are hard of hearing and have difficulty with their vision. They do a lot of activities going on but my mom can't participate in things like movie night, bingo, Wii bowling activities and stuff like that
her main complaint is she's bored which I've told her is not really that bad of a complaint. After she was settled in we took her to look at other place and she realized that she liked it here best.

The staff is wonderful. They really look after their resident and they get to know them personally. I think it's the best in the area. The residents are all about the same physical ability. The ones that need a little more care (wheelchair bound) are in another wing. They have a lovely courtyard garden area that she walks everyday. She's definitely in the right place.

Really Went Downhill

I would not recommend cypress place for assisted living or for value. My mother was there and I could never get cooperation fro the higher staff. It was always we can't do anything until it was time for her to move out and then they were saying they can do that and they'd hate to have her leave. It was like a used car salesman. They went through 3 directors in about as many years. They just seemed to want to cut cost as opposed to taking care of people.

It used to be that the staff and that were much more positive when you're there with them and interacting but they just kept laying people off and the place just kind of fell apart. I think they're getting a lot of people in there based on their old reputation, not how they are now.

Corporate machine

It's more corporate run and that's why we left, it was a mess and they just couldn't think outside of the box at all. She was in the AL building and really required very little assistance, she needed assistance with medication dispension and bathing. She had been there for a very long time but started having hallucinations from medication, she knew what she was seeing wasnt real but it was disturbing for everybody and we went through all sorts of nonsense with them because of it. They kept calling 911 even after her doctor had seen her, normally the med techs he knew her were always able to stay calm and get her comfortable again so I was furious. She wasn't getting the attention she needed and I thought these people didn't know what they were doing or how to handle anything.

Nice large rooms, staff was nice, ver...

Nice large rooms, staff was nice, very clean. My mother's smoking would be an issue unless she could get a private room right near the courtyard patio.

Nice place. Felt a bit regimented. St...

Nice place. Felt a bit regimented. Staff friendly overall. Out of all I have seen, had the least impressive rooms. Cable not included.

Mom liked this place.

Mom liked this place.

There's a temperate climate and fresh sea air for residents of Cypress Place, nestled just off the central coast in the City of Ventura. The beautiful senior living campus features an Active Senior Living community and adjacent Assisted Living and Alzheimer's/Dementia Care community connected by a lushly landscaped courtyard.

ACTIVE SENIOR LIVING
Cypress Place Active Senior Living is designed with you, the active senior, in mind. In addition to well-appointed apartments, spacious common areas and gracious dining room, you will enjoy the ease of a pampered lifestyle. An independent, senior lifestyle gives you plenty of leisure time to enjoy the good things in life. It's the life you deserve.

ASSISTED LIVING AND ALZHEIMER'S/DEMENTIA CARE
Lively conversation in the parlor bistro, laughter in the activities room and a helping hand when you need it make Cypress Place Assisted Living a special place to live. Apartment choices are important and include studio and one-bedroom options. In addition, Cypress Place features welcoming common areas filled with activity and friendly neighbors for an enriching lifestyle.

Isn't it time for you to enjoy the live you deserve?