I toured this community

We went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It looked like a nursing home. Seemed to be clean , friendly staff. It wasn't the right fit for my dad. If you have good finances you don't want to go here. If you are on a limited income this might be the perfect fit.

More affordable and great care

My mom lives here and so far, things are good. The staff has been very attentive and if there have been any issues they’ve called me right away so we can address them. There have been a few adjustment problems but she’s working through it. The staff has been easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about the type of care that she needs. The facility is a little older, but it’s clean and doesn’t have any sort of odor. Mom’s room is cleaned all the time and her bed is made, the bathrooms are clean, the common areas are clean, and the residents seem to be well taken care of. The other residents are friendly and she’s already making new friends. The food looks good. I haven’t had the chance to eat any but I’ve seen some of her meals and it looks good. It looks like there’s lots of variety. There are a few activities like exercise classes, games, bingo, coloring, stuff like that. Right now she’s sharing a room and the price has been all inclusive. They’ll help her bathe a couple of times a week and do her laundry, they keep her room clean and the bed is always made. As a family, we’re happy with what’s going on with her and I would recommend them to others because they’re more affordable than some of the other places.

I really like this place, so far at the top of my list of choices for my Mom.

Dad is doing well

My dad is doing so well Royal Gardens of Camarillo. From the housekeepers, caregivers and front desk, everyone is so friendly and smiley. If I have any questions or concerns they are very easy to communicate with. I attended a luau there with my dad and the food was very good. Although my dad is not one to participate in all of the activities they offer, he does enjoy getting his haircut on-site at the community. They also have on-site podiatry which is very convenient. They have transportation for the residents for off-site activities such as going out to lunch, shopping, and other excursions. There is a beautiful safe courtyard with fountains, a large bird aviary, and roses. I would absolutely recommend this community to others.

Loved this place. Seemed to be the right fit for my Mother. Hope to be able to have her reside there soon. Clean environment, friendly and knowledgeable staff and happy looking residents.

Perfect fit for us

Royal gardens is a great fit for my Mother. I think the staff is friendly and caring given the challenges they face with some of the residents. They are personable and know their residents needs, likes and dislikes. The other facilities that I looked into were so very expensive that I felt hopeless until I found RG. My Mom did not prepare for her senior years so cost was very much a factor, for some day I would also like to retire and be comfortable. She is content there and I visit often because I enjoy the people, both residents and staff. I feel relieved that I don't have to worry about her 24/7.

The Price is Right

My mother has only been there a couple of weeks. The best thing about this place are the friendly employees, staff and caregivers. One thing important to know is that this isn't air-conditioning in any of the rooms for their clients. Also they only have analog for television and internet. It is in desperate need for updating. So as long as the only thing you are concerned with this the care, this is a good place.

Satisfied and relieved knowing she is in a safer place

So far so good. It' only been a week. I'm satisfied as of this moment.

My moms' care

We are happy to see that my mom is happy here. The staff are outstanding and always helpful to her needs. The community is clean and nice at all times. She does like the variety of meals. They offer a lot of activities. We would recommend this community to other families.

Royal Gardens is the Best!!!

This is the best place you could hope to find for your loved one, I felt good every time I visited and saw the superior attention my Uncle was given. This is an assisted living facility not a nursing home. Residents are treated very well and with a great deal of respect. [Removed] is an outstanding Manager, housekeeping and food are definitely four stars! I couldn't ask for a better place to assist my loved one with his needs. Most every person I met working here has a gift of compassion. The Marshal said he screens his applicants so that he finds these special individuals. My loved one was here for three years and the staff was consistent, the same individuals assisted him the whole time he was there. He developed a relationship with many of them which enriched his life in a wonderful way. He told me "They understand my temperament." Thank you Royal Gardens!!!

The facility seemed Ok but as mentioned in some reviews there is a urine smell to the place. It is a bit dated but seemed like it was clean. I am considering this location.

Enhances Mom's quality of life

Our family was introduced to Royal Gardens through senior advisor [Removed] at A Place for Mom. Dana was a godsend to us at a very stressful time. Her compassion, knowledge, and quick response were invaluable to our family. [Removed], the executive director at Royal Gardens, cheerfully welcomed Mom in assisted living in this nice community. He assured us that Mom would get the best of care so that she could maximize her quality of life. The help that Mom has been receiving is great, and we are very grateful.

The spirit of caring and kindness

We are so thankful for A Place For Mom and Royal Gardens. Mom is so happy there and everyone has treated us so kind. They have a heart for the residents and the families.

Excellent Community

Everything is working out very well, this is a excellent community. My loved one is really enjoying his time here. The community looks amazing, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. They have a great staff here. He is trying many new activities. The food is tasty, he enjoys the meal. I know he is safe and in good hands. I would highly recommend it.

Very Encouraging Staff

I'am very pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. My father really likes it here, he has adjusted very well to it. They do a very good job with keeping everything nice and very clean. The staff is wonderful, My father and I get along with the staff very well. They offer great activities, and they are very encouraging to my father to participate. He loves the breakfast, but the director and I am working together to give the residents more of a variety to choose from. I would absolutely recommend this community.

Pleasantly surprised by Royal Gardens, so much so, that we decided it's the right place for dad. Marshall, the Administrator, has been so kind and accommodating during such a difficult time for our family. My dad will be moving in soon and I'll post an update once he's been there for some time. My siblings and I are confident that dad will be happy at Royal Gardens because he'll retain some independence and will have his own room. All the staff I've met so far have been helpful and warm. The facility is nothing glamorous, but it's clean and well-kept.

My sister's new home

They have been very cooperative and helpful. I feel comfortable with my sister in their facility. She has been there only a short time so we will see who things proceed with her.

A GREAT Place for Mom

A place for mom was so very helpful in finding an appropriate placement for my husband. They were patient, sympathetic understanding & followed up to make sure the facility was meeting our needs. I was lost, not knowing how to handle the problem & with 1 quick phone call I experienced tremendous relief. The facility is perfect for my husbands issues. Thank you so much!

They are eager to cooperate.

There have been a few hiccups, but we are working through them. I would recommend others to be involved and be a second set of eyes for their loved one to make sure things don't fall through the cracks. There are a lot of activities, my Mom does join in some, but could join in a little more. The food is average. My Mom could use some encouragement and to be checked on to make sure she is eating her meals. I don't have a lot to compare this community to, but they seem very eager to cooperate.

So far, so good

My mother-in-law has been here a short time, but we are very pleased so far! They were very willing to work with us to set up her room before her arrival, and have been helpful in every step of the way so far!! All staff members have been pleasant, helpful and easy to deal with.

Biggest mistake EVER!

This facility is a horrible place to place your loved ones. So unless you hate your mother, father, or spouse I wouldn't recommend placing them in this runned down facility. The staff is full of ignorant and careless people. They don't possess the passion that it takes to do the job at hand. They don't properly clean nor care for their residents. They are disrespectful towards the residents, especially the ones in the memory care unit. Please be smart and do some heavy research before deciding where to place your loved ones. This facility is fully staffed with two faced people and you will regret it the moment you place them here. Your loved ones are worth more than this place can provide and if money is an issue, ask yourself what's more important. Family or money?

Terrible Place for your Loved One!

My mother was a resident of Royal Gardens for 9 months last year. After receiving very pore hygiene care amongst OTHER things plus CONSTANT calls from R.G. stating mom had to be taken to an ER (diagnosis, urinary tract infections) my family had enough. As an R.N. with a brain I was forced to relocate mom in another facility that is fabulous! Even though the new facility is rather pricey I'm so glad I did. They take care of all her needs and I no longer get phone calls to come over and take care of her. PLEASE do not place your loved one in this facility! This review will probably not get published because of the dislike for this place. Check out all of your options or visit
A Place for Mom.

5 star's

Everything is good with the facility. We have no complaints at all.

Transportation is not as frequent as we like it to be

They could improve the transportation. They only drive the residents to doctor's appointments on certain days of the week, so I think that they could expand on that. Other than that, everything is great and we are very happy!

Strong Urine Odor... Not impressed

Stopped by on a Sunday and no one was available to show me around or give me information. I was directed to their conference room by the receptionist and waited for a little while. 15 minute passes and I left.
Was looking for a place for my mother and this facility was recommended.
I'm not sure what kind of facility this is but I was not impressed. I parked out by the front entrance. There doesn't seem to be any parking for any visitors. There were only 3 spots and 2 were already taken. Right when I walked toward the entrance, the outdoors had such a strong urine odor. I was trying to figure out where the odor came from and as I opened the door the odor wasn't as strong. About a few minutes after completing a form I went to the restroom. I was curious and walked the halls a little further. Walking along that hallway, some of their patients doors were kept open and no one was in sight. Their patients look hopeless. It was such an awful sight.
I do not intend to go back and get some information. I should have looked at the reviews prior to stopping by. Perhaps they are only on appointment based?

nothing but phenomenal

At Royal Garden of Camarillo friendliness is a 16!! They have been amazing. Literally the staff had me in tears this morning because they were just going above and beyond helping. Amy is just amazing. I am super happy with them. They have been nothing but phenomenal at this facility.

Do not send your loved one here

Please do not send your loved one here!!!! They are under staffed and do not take care of their patients. They disrespect and talk down to my dad and he falls and they don't come help him for an hour. And they are not friendly. They are supposed to shower my dad twice a week but they do not. The last time they showered him was 3 weeks ago. Even the staff hates working there because they are under paid. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE!!!

needs more one on one care

Royal Gardens of Carmillo needs more one on one care for some of their patients. I was happy with the price we got at this facility. I couldn't afford anything else. He slept in assisted living and spent the day in memory care. So that seemed to get confusing with the staff members. I know the staff worked with what they could.

I could see that the staff was very dedicated to the residents

We toured here while we were looking for options. I could see that the staff was very dedicated to the residents. This was not a good match for my loved one, however.

They have bent over backwards for us. They have been wonderful and have made it a real easy transition for us. When I found this place was close to home it was a dream come true and it was wonderful. They're just great.

this place is not as nice as some of the others, but we liked the staff and we liked the rose garden and courtyard.

Great Community

Friendly staff and great community. Amy helped us every step of the way. She was very nice and understanding of our situation. She genuinely seemed to care and that put us at ease. We would definitely recommend this place to family and friends.

Great Value, Great Care

We have had our mother in the community, in The Meadow section, for almost 3 months now and it has been going great. It took her awhile to come out of her shell, but the care staff have been really great with getting her up and out to activities. Yes, the building is old like another person said, but it is all about the care. Jamie, the manager of the caregivers, is awesome! She listens and always is willing to help us through our situations with mom. I would recommend it for anyone looking for affordable memory care.

Pleasantly nice

My mother is currently residing here. It took a little while to get use to the surroundings and the workers, but that will happen wherever you go. I appreciate the workers for all they do for my mom. She has not been able to get around for now, but when she does, i know she will enjoy the residence and more of the workers that she do not see. As for the administrator Monica, she is a pleasure to speak to. She will help you out as much as she can. As far as i see they all have nice attitudes towards the residence.

DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE! Placed my mom there on a temporary respite and they did not properly care for her. She got a UTI which ended up as septic shock and she passed away. Her feet had become swollen abd their so called Dr. put her on Lasix for one week. They thought by elevating her feet would solve the problem. Mom had been able to use the restroom on her own, but because of swollen feet, they put her in Depends. When I would complain to staff, they would get rude with me. I brought mom some compression socks and the medstaff came in and yanked them off her feet. They made my mother cry....stay away from this dirty place.

Too old with not enough amenities.

This is one of the places we considered over the course of all of our searching for the right solution, for our loved on. Unfortunately this was too old, and they just didn't offer enough amenities, to keep dad happy. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but it was not a great fit for us.

love it

They have really done an excellent job of making it a very friendly warm home-like. I love it and would highly recommend Royal Gardens of Camarillo. I am very happy with them. The director, Monica, has been very helpful in working with my mom and me through very difficult times. I can't say enough good things about them!

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well overall at Royal Gardens of Camarillo, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff have all been very kind and gracious, and they seem to take great care of the people who live here. I would recommend it to others looking into care in the area.

understaffed

I think that in the memory care unit in which mom stayed, the people do the best they can with what they have. However, I believe they are overworked and understaffed. Mom was pretty much bedridden and needed a lot more 1x1 special care and attention than what they were able to give. They need more hands-on with some of these bedridden patients.

Once the staff realized how concerned I was, they did do their best to take care of mom, but I'm just not sure it was enough.

one month into living

So far so good with our sister only there a month. The people who work there have been very helpful and accommodating.
Facilities are not as fancy as other places, but I like their friendly attittudes.
Have met all my special requests so far.
Pretty happy with this choice for 60-year old sister who is ambulatory and pretty self - sufficient.

Professional efficient staff, nice space, convenient location

I like the people that work there. They are professional and efficient. I like the space that it has, and the location. The space is very spread out and big. It has gardens, and stuff like that, where people can walk outside.

The location is close to where she used to live. The location works for me because I don't have to travel that much.

It provides nursing care. There are alot of people on staff all of the time that are available for helping.

I wish they encouraged people more to do activities.

Responsive

My loved one doesn’t take part in the activities. The people we saw there seemed happy. They could do better on the laundry service. The staff is particularly friendly. My loved one eats in the room. I wish they’d make sure she could reach it. They’re responsive when we ask for changes to care or living environment.

Would NOT recommend this place

We did not have a good experience with this community at all. We originally selected it for assisted living for my loved one, but when we went to move him in there was nobody from the administration there to check him in or let us know how things worked there, we were just expected to get his things into his room and leave him there. We decided if this was the degree of care he'd be receiving from their assisted we had better try the memory care section for some additional supervision. After a few days there we noticed he had not been bathed, even after having an accident, and when we asked why they told us we'd have to sign up to be on the list for shower assistance. We were already paying quite a lot of money, and I was shocked to hear they'd let him sit around in his own waste without saying anything to us.

Afforable and Very Nice!

We are very, very pleased and very fortunate to have found this place. Frankly, we're surprised at how good it is for the price. We really didn't want our loved one to live in a small private home, and most of the larger ones were luxurious, but way out of our price range. This was the best one that was within our price range, and all-inclusive! We're finding that it's very good!

She was here initially...pr...

She was here initially...pretty much a run down facility wreaking of urine...dark and dungy! This would be a last resort only if money is limited because price is very good!

Very caring and helpful

Our experience with them was not very long, but they were an amazingly helpful and caring community, and I have personally recommended them to others more than once. When things took a turn for the worse they helped us look for local doctors and get us set up with hospice. Our contact here, Marshall, was really amazing and helped us in many different ways.

This is a larger facility, they have an independent side, and a memory care side. She went into the memory care there because of the price. None of us liked it but it was what we could afford. She lost 17 pounds right away. They said they would double up on her portions. We were told when you go in to a place smell, make sure it doesn't smell like urine, everything seemed ok, it was old and a little beat up but smelled fine. within six months everybody was being locked out of their room and their bathrooms. They just wanted to keep them in diapers, they herd cattle and feed them bathe them and put them to bed. It smells like a port-a-potty in there. She had so much toe fungus and her toenails were so long that she was walking funny. I wasn't even notified about it. I always take her out, we go to lunch or where ever, and one day I noticed she was itching, and she had bites everywhere. I took her to the emergency room and they weren't sure if it was Scabes or bedbug bites, and the doctor said that she had it for a while whatever it was. When we took her back we noticed the next room was being exterminated. I removed her from there right away. As far as the independent side they can make decisions for themselves, but the memory care side is no good!

The room is too small. Ot...

The room is too small. Otherwise not bad. Literature says there are other apts.

Office Staff Needs Help

Minus their ability to communicate what they offer there, I think the facility itself is very nice. I think they do not sell it correctly to people and do not explain what it covered and what is not. I felt like they just wanted to get someone in there. Their office staff just needs a little bit of help.

moms new home

royal gardens is clean and quiet. the staff are very kind to my mother, and they check on her often , they help her with her every day needs. there are plenty of activities to keep her busy. the place isn't as fancy as soom of the others we looked at, but the price is right,\, most services are included in the monthly fee, where other places charged extra. my mom is keep clean,(they change her three to four times daily to keep her dry. her room is kept clean and her laundry is done regulry. i would recommend this place to family and friends.

Everyone Seems to be Happy

The cost is reasonable. The care goes up and down. It depends on who is working but I'll say that they have a better staff than most. The act seem to be, for the assisted living, pretty normal. They always seem to be trips out and thing to do. These places are never what you want but as far as what is being offered there, we're quite satisfied with what we have. Everybody has their own room for the most part, which is great. It's not one of these terrible factories with 3 people to a room separated by a sheet.

I would say it's an upper fair to good neighborhood place. Nobody seem to be unhappy there. I know a number of the people there now and they seem comfortable. Nice big rec room. I don't see a lot of turnover in the residents.

Horrible Experience! Horrible Care!

NO! That is the worst place ever. My mother was there less than 6 weeks. She got horrible care. She got scabies! That was the worst care. When I went there they promised they world with their pamphlet and not any of that happened. The care was horrible. I went to see her daily and no body knew anything about her. That was a horrible experience!

Good Value for What You Get

For what you get it's a good value. The care is very good so far, he likes it there. He doesn't take part in a whole lot of the activities but I was impressed. They have all kind of things - movies, they take them shopping, they have games, a library - quite a few things. There is a grand piano in the lobby and one day a guy was playing that. It's an older home, it's nice, they take care of everybody and treat everybody as an individual. I like that. This was the most financially doable of all the ones we had information for and we were pleased the minute we got there.

Seem Well Worth It

It was very good. My wife and I went to check it out and then we went back with my brother and my mom. At first my mom thought okay, but by the time she got home she didn't want to move away. It looked like a real nice place. I would have been very happy with her there. There were a lot of activities and things for her to do but she never got the chance because she balked at the idea. For the price and the facility and what we saw it was definitely well worth it.

Unfortunately I was not imp...

Unfortunately I was not impressed with his facility . The place seems like it needs a makeover , it smelled and the staff wasn't friendly and inviting. The clientele dint seem happy to be there. Made me sad

This place is not top notc...

This place is not top notch, but better then I expected. Most rooms are studios which are fine. the one bedrooms suite are waaay too $$$ for what you get. however the big plus with this place, is that my 83 year old mom's sister is here. she is 92. she would love to have her there. the place was clean, no bad smells and the price is right..however Marshall was not able to meet us and had to leave, so another person took us around. got to see everything, and another plus, my mom's dog can live there with her. so although i give it a fair rating, its more simple and that is what she needs. we'll see how it goes!

Marshall was so nice, but t...

Marshall was so nice, but this had by far the least amenities and I did not like that there was no kitchenette at all. They seem to care about their residents, but I would prefer to see a little more updating.

The smell of urine was perv...

The smell of urine was pervasive thru out the facility

Director was informative and answered...

Director was informative and answered all the questions that we asked. The tour was great and very impressed with the facility, cleanliness, smell, activites, etc. We did meet some director of activities and she explained what she does for the residents. We had the opportunity to see a studio that faces the patio area. Just a wonderful view. This room runs about 2500.00 a month with a 2000.00 deposit. Oh and furniture is included at no additional cost. The rooms that do not face the patio/courtyard, are alittle less and they face the outside of building.

We like the place, director was helpf...

We like the place, director was helpful and seemed to want them to come live there.

Like this place ok--$3500 for a room ...

Like this place ok--$3500 for a room for 2 whether you have dementia or not. They move both people to the dementia wing when dementia is too bad for the same price.

Older facility, but being renovated. ...

Older facility, but being renovated. Very peaceful environment. Nice director. Much more affordable. They will house Dad with no extra charges for anything so we can budget. They have a dog that lives there too! Dad loves dogs.

Royal Gardens of Camarillo is a full service community devoted to the health and well being of our residents both physically and mentally. From our complete wellness staff featuring a Registered Nurse to our exquisite culinary staff featuring our premiere Chef we are positioned to care for your loved ones every need.

Royal Gardens is committed to our senior community. We can assist every step of the way, and work hard to accommodate all needs.