Brookdale Camarillo - Camarillo, CA

Brookdale Camarillo - Camarillo, CA has yet not published prices.

We toured this community

We went on a tour here for dad. The staff was nice and answered all of my questions. It was a nice place, clean and welcoming. I like the fact it had a rehab center located there. They had high recommendations. I liked the memory center here as well. They just didn't have a 1 bdr at the time I was looking. I would recommend this for families to tour.

Toured Community

This community was nice very clean and well maintained. The staff seemed to be friendly and helpful. One thing that I didn't necessarily care for was they have no on site nursing staff in the care of an emergency. We had seen another community that had a 24hr nurse on staff which gave me piece of mind that if something were to happen there would have someone there.

Information I Needed

I talked with them over the phone to see if I needed to take the next step. From what I gathered they were out of my area and not in a convenient location for family to visit and pick me up.

More activities offered.

This is a nice community. The room is nice and the community is clean and well maintained. They do have activities that are nice, but she is not interested due to not being as challenging for her. We would hope for more stimulating in certain areas. We would like to have the staff keep her more active. The menu is really good and the community is clean. We would like to see different activities for her. We suggest that families tour this community to see if it is everything that they are looking for.

My Thought Of The Tour

I was not impressed with the memory care area of this community. The area had a musty odor to it and the floors did not seem real clean. The person that took us on tour was not knowledgeable and they left us alone for a time. The assisted living area of this community seemed like a great place.

We are totally satisfied

The staff at this community are loving, helpful and wonderful. They offer daily activities and my husband likes the morning exercise class. They take walks outside on nice days. The head nurse is awesome and takes such good care of him. The food is good and the community is well maintained. I have already recommended this community.

They have done a really good job for the most part!

The staff interacts well with all the residents. We have had a few issues with mom's health and no one seems to take things into their own hands. I have had to chase after some of the management to get a response to some of my concerns. The food has been good and the chef really seems to care. They have activities all day long and the activities director has done a good job. The community is beautiful and they do a good job of maintaining the grounds.

This is a nice community!!

This community is not bad for the price. They do have a massive dining room. The food looked ok and it was highly recommended. They did not have any first floor apartments available. The people we met during our tour were nice.

An Uneasy feeling

This is an old community. I was not comfortable in this community when I took a tour. The place was sad and dark and dim. Not appealing to anything that I thought it would. The community was clean. i probably would not recommend this place due to me not feeling comfortable in there.

Mostly good

These surveys are a real nuisance.

Most of my mother's stay and experience were positive.

One night she had to wait 25 minutes for a response to her pressing her medallion. This is unacceptable.

Brookdale: best of three

We visited three Assisted Living facilities and chose Brookdale. The manager who gave us the tour (after 5 PM on a weekday) got the resident nurse to examine my mother on the spot and both the manager and the nurse were very caring and made the difference to us.
Change is difficult for anyone and my mother needed a lot of help during the first few days, to understand what is available to her and how to access it all. That help was forthcoming.

It was great

I Enjoyed My Tour

This is a perfect community. I really enjoyed my tour, they showed my all around the facility. They do a very good job with the maintenance ice of the community. Everything looked nice and clean. The staff was nice and informative. This is a lovely community and I enjoyed my tour.

Fantastic community!

My Mom was at Brookdale Camarillo for a 30 day respite care. They were fantastic. We would put her back there if/when needed in the future. The staff, every single person there seems to be very well trained. Everyone talks to you and smiles. We have told other family members about Brookdale and recommend they place loved ones there when needed. We were very happy with this community.

The caregivers are very nice

You know, things are going okay. They are very disorganized, but the caregivers are very nice and very helpful and they respond to what we need them to do. There is miscommunication among their staff sometimes. The caregivers are very nice and are taking good care of her.

They are really good about working with me and addressing any concerns I have.

They are really good about working with me and addressing any concerns I have. So far on the assisted living side the maintenance has been slow to get things set up and done. I was kind of surprised by their cafe, and the lack of cleanliness in the refrigerator and the microwave. The transportation is more limited than I anticipated, they aren't available for rides everyday, and when they are it's only until 2 PM, which isn't very convenient. However, Victoria has been Super nice, and so has Vincent, and Gabriel has been very accommodating. Joel on the wellness floor has also been really nice. I really think it's a great place to have both assisted living, and skilled nursing in one place. The therapy has been mixed, some of it seems really good, and some not as much. Though there seems to be a breakdown in communication between the therapy department and the nurses. Overall I would give them a 3 at this point.

Fairly Happy

I can not think of anything specific to say about Emeritus at Camarillo. My loved one has only been there for a couple of month, about three or four now, and he has been fairly happy with the facility thus far.

So far so good

My father has been living at Emeritus for 6 weeks now and it's taken these 6 weeks for all of us to adjust. The staff is wonderful and attentive to all of our needs. I visited other Assisted Living facilities and I am very happy we chose Emeritus. I would highly recommend it.

This is probably the place we liked the best

This is one of the places we looked when we were exploring options for my loved one's care. This is probably the place we liked the best though, we ultimately went with a home care agency, at least for now. We liked that the Emeritus seemed to have enough amenities to keep my loved one happy.

Not Very Happy

My mother stayed here for a few months in the memory care. They are tremendously short handed, the food is terrible, she was the recipient of some bug that was spreading from the convalescent side of the facility and was quarantined for 7 - 10 days, which is difficult for an Alzheimer's patient to understand. Literally impossible to speak to the woman running the memory care department. The bell never worked so you could stand outside waiting to get in for 10 minutes. They constantly lost her clothing, she ended up in other's rooms because of no help. All this for a mere $6500.00 a month. My only advice is you place your loved one anywhere, you need to keep an eye on them no matter where they are being taken care of.

They’ve been very helpful.

They’ve been very helpful. It’s very nice overall. For the most part very good – the girls are very helpful. They have activities all the time.

Everything is very nice. The food is prepared well. All the girls are very patient and willing to help. I’ve only had issues with parking once.

Emeritus, Camarillo, Cailfornia

I felt that Emeritus had the best value for the buck for assisted living care in this area. The facility is very clean, attentive to residents needs and their individual level of care. The dining room is bright and cheery, outside patios inviting and green thanks to ample landscaping.

They Need More Staff Members

The cleanliness is good. I haven't noticed any problems with that. The care is a tough one to rate. I think my dad would probably give it a three. I think they're a little short staffed. I think if you have all your faculties the activities might be good but they're not really strong for people with disabilities. For them to improve, I think I would just have them look at their staff ratios. I think some of the things we have issues with are because my dad is deaf and blind and they're not necessarily adequately staffed for that nor have they created activities that cater to that population.

Great presentation , very i...

Great presentation , very informative about degree if care will definitely consider this one. Skilled nursing section might be a necessity

Not thrilled with setup. No...

Not thrilled with setup. No balconies or patio.

Has short term care for surgery recup...

Has short term care for surgery recuperation

Enjoyed it, but decided it is not for...

Enjoyed it, but decided it is not for me at this time

We are passionately committed to making a difference in people’s lives by providing service of the highest quality and value in a supportive environment, promoting the health, independence and social interaction of seniors. As we get older, many of us naturally need a helping hand – perhaps someone to help us get ready for the day, help manage our medications or prepare special meals. Sometimes that’s all we need to live safely on our own. Our staff is here to offer that helping hand, but only when and if you need it. Our full range of services are designed to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible.

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, walking trails and lovely gardens, Brookdale at Camarillo is considered one of the premier continuing care communities in the surrounding areas. Located near Highway 101, our community offers levels of care to support our residents aging in place including Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care. With its warm, family-friendly atmosphere, Brookdale at Camarillo feels like home the moment you walk through the doors.

Our common areas – including our lovely dining room, TV room, Billiard’s room, Bistro, and library – give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another. We also offer a wide range of activities each month, including excursions to the beach and local attractions – even Chumash Casino. Brookdale at Camarillo is conveniently located in a residential area near Leisure Village with St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital nearby if needed.

We also offer short term stays which is a great way to get to know us. If you want to experience living at an Brookdale community before making a permanent move, or you’re being discharged from a hospital or nursing care facility and aren’t quite ready to go home, consider our short term stay program. You’ll receive the same services all residents enjoy – home-cooked meals, scheduled transportation, outstanding service and more. Taking advantage of our short term stay program is a great way to decide if our community suits your lifestyle and fits your needs!

Our Family is Committed to Yours.