The Orchards at Bartley - Jackson, NJ

I though it was nice!

The Orchards at Bartley was a very nice community. The staff was all very friendly and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. They were able to answer all of my questions and inform me on what they had to offer.

Consumer beware

We placed our loved one in the assisted living community, referred by A Place for Mom. Be very careful, they tell you all you want to hear to sign up. I recommend that you ask lots of questions, understand that they provide very limited assistance if any. They do not have a 24 hour RN on staff even though they lead you to believe they do. If you question the care of your loved one or competency of their staff they kindly show you the door. Please have your attorney review the contracts prior to signing. It is just a money making business not a "family feel" organization. Their untrained staff spends more time fratetnizing with each other than the residents or visitors. Make multiple visits and speak to residents who are not afraid of retaliation from staff for sharing their experiences. We placed our loved one there based on the beauty and cleanliness of the facility and learned the above after placement.

Very well managed

I think they are very well managed. I think that they truly care about the well being of their residents. The Orchards at Bartley is a a very nice and well kept facility. The people there are really nice and friendly. The care services and activities are great. They offer a lot of activities. Overall, It has been a very good experience at The Orchards at Bartley. I would recommend this community to anyone.

The staff is very, very, good, they are very friendly, I would give them a six!! They proactively call me when something happens. They do all kinds of activities, pet day and sing alongs. They have a good variety of food on the menu. Overall I am very happy with the facility and the level of care they are getting. the nurses they have there are outstanding. Having to make the decision is hard, but they are excellent at caring for the people especially with Alzheimers and dementia. It has a nice open setting, and is very clean.

Walked out before tour. Arr...

Walked out before tour. Arrived early. Noticed staff chit chatting amongst themselves.sort of ignoring the residents. Facility more hotel than AL...imho. director not as tuned in as we would have liked possibly how she might be with residents? Menu does not compare well.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!!!

It's a wonderful place! So appreviative of the staff! They've really helped us adjust my loved one, and are taking care of the transition! The finances were a breeze, because they work with Elderlife! No worries about assets, and worked with us and our situation! That's a great service in itself! They offer three levels of care, from Assisted Living to Nursing Care, and have local doctors you can switch over to! Also, the hair services are inexpesive and the nail polishes are free! There's a small chapel and they offer church services and transportation to mass. They also don't categorize people by their needs, and everyone is treated equally. Community oriented - boy scouts, local musicians, and activities! They are warm, clean, and nicely decorated! They are a comfortable and secure community that we were sp fortunate to find!

Nice community

This was a community we looked at while looking for care for my Mom. It was a nice looking facility, it seemed clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was one we were considering for her, but we found another whose atmosphere and general feel just seemed to be a better fit for her. From what we saw on our tour this place was very nice, though.

Mom is much happier and safer.

My mom is very happy their. She really enjoys it and she has met a lot of nice friends. At first mom didn’t really want to go she liked living next to my brother but now she loves it. My mom is on social security income and they took her in without any additional fees. Mom has dementia and it seems like the only activities they have for her to do is bingo night, movie night and the once a week outing. They could use some more activities. The food is excellent! Mom likes it a little too much so with her dementia she will over eat, so her friends help to keep track of her intake so she doesn’t eat too much since orchard doesn’t monitor food intake. She has a shared apartment there are two beds. She and her roommate get out every morning and exercise. Mom isn’t alone very often, she really does stay busy. She gets a free manicure every other Monday from the onsite beautician, and also loves going to the physical therapist that comes by when he’s in town. Overall mom is much happier and safer; I don’t have to worry about her medication.

It's assisted and nursing, and if u s...

It's assisted and nursing, and if u switch you are guaranteed to stay. Some younger residents. $30-$50 to go for one day and sleep at home. MOnth to month pay. Only charge for haircare and phone. Doctor transportation.

I thought this one was the best I've ...

I thought this one was the best I've seen so far. I have left medical records and application with them. I got to see the long term care unit as well as the Alzheimer's unit.

We liked the Orchards at Bartley very...

We liked the Orchards at Bartley very much for my mom but we weren't as impressed with Bartley Healthcare for my dad.

Our beautifully designed assisted living community features a Main Street with "shops" and adjoining "neighborhoods". Comprehensive services include meals, housekeeping, laundry, transportation and daily activities. Along with spacious, conformable living quarters, we feature numerous indoor and outdoor common areas including exercise room, theater, pub, wellness center, library with computers, game rooms, beauty and barber shops, walking paths, putting green and much more! The Cedar Spring Memory Support Program is a comprehensive, innovative, activity-based approach designed to improve and enhance the lives of Orchards residents. The program provides residents with the independence and lifestyle of assisted living along with the appropriate support, care services, security and environment needed by those with memory support needs.

The Orchards shares a 22 acre campus with Bartley Healthcare, a skilled nursing facility which is JCAHO accredited, the facility offers a continuum of healthcare services that few other assisted living residences can. The unique Cedar Spring Memory Support Program at The Orchards is a good example of why a full continuum of care is so important.