Spring Oak at Toms River - Toms River, NJ

Overall impression

It seemed nice, people friendly, fairly clean.I found that they really need a Kitchen staff that is experienced with the older people and what they should have to eat. A more versatile menu for what they can and cannot eat

Very nice facility

Overall a pretty nice facility. Most of the staff is very helpful and friendly but as can be expected in this industry there is quite a bit of turnover. My mom has been there for 6 months and she has adjusted well. There are plenty of activities if you choose to participate. The rooms are nice but the AC/heat units tend to be very noisy. Most of the residents I have spoken with like Spring Oak except for the food. Most if not all complain about the food.of course you can't please everyone but it seems no one is happy about the food. In spite of the food issue, spring oak is one of the better assisted living places. The facility is clean and neat and presents a very nice appearance.

Unresponsive and inept staff and management

You will never get anyone from management or nursing on the phone and they do not return phone calls. They largely ignore residents concerns and requests. Very unfriendly staff and they are just there to do there time with the minimum amount of work.

Great Staff

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but I know she is safe. The staff is great.

Very Positive Experience

My husband's mother-in-law from his first marriage has been at Spring Oak for almost 2 months and we're very happy with this facility. Her room was not quite ready when we initially moved her in, but our requests were immediately addressed. Her room is very large with 2 large closets and a bargain for the monthly charge. The staff is very caring and very helpful. Mom has commented several times on how much she likes her aides and the nurses. We are very happy with how well Mom has adjusted.

Too Big

The Spring Oak at Toms River was a very nice facility, but it was too big. When I went in to take a tour, I couldn't even find the elevator. It was too much going on for my mother I wanted some place smaller and easier to get around.

Not a bad place. Just some staf likes to degrade you. Very unprofessional.

Mom's New Home

I am happy with the care that my mother is getting here. The staff are really nice and caring. She is trying to adjust to a few small things. She seems to be happy with the meals and the variety. The activities are offered to her and try and encourage her. She does participate often. . We would recommend the community for the value and the care to other families.

5 stars all the way!!

The staff are accommodating whenever I contact them. The food is good as my loved one is putting on weight. There is an enclosed garden next to the dining room with a gazebo, garden area and walkway. They have daily activities including a game room. I would recommend this community.

A Friendly Place

Very nice one bedroom apartment in Independent Living. Many activities and friendly staff. Enclosed courtyards are lovely.

Close To Perfect

This is a very good community we are very pleased. My mother is doing well and they have helped her adjust to the community pretty good. The community is outstanding and very clean and neat. They were very patient and accommodating to us during the whole process. My mom says she is doing all the activities so she is pretty busy most of the time. The food is nice its a well balanced meal. This is a close to perfect community and I would recommend it.

The place is a dump! Converted conference hotel converted into a Assisted Living Facility. No thought behind the planning. Loud heaters, REALLY bad food, so unorganized. A SNAKE PIT! My dog is too good to be in this facility.

Hands up, best place ever!

We were immediately impressed at how nice the establishment was from the start. My father likes the friendly & warm staff. He continues to say how friendly everyone is. Thanks

Warm and Welcoming Staff

Overall, especially the marketing person and the manager, they are very warm and welcoming and that's what made me like the place. They know everybody by name, which is very impressive. Just overall the friendliness and the caring is what got me. They go out of their way. The only thing that can be improve upon is the food.

We liked it.

We liked it. The rooms were larger, and very bright. It was one of the top two. We thought we might have ended up in the memory care, and she wasn't quite ready for that. It was a beautiful place, and a close call, it was a tough choice. They also only had one bedrooms in memory care, and that would have been bigger than we wanted.

Nice place overall, transportation service could be improved

Overall I think they do a good job at Spring Oak at Toms River. The facility itself is generally well kept and clean, and the staff have all been friendly and helpful. However, I do think they could improve their wellness center and transportation service. More than once I have scheduled a ride for my loved one to an appointment, but they will then inform me that they cannot give her a ride back, which defeats the whole purpose.

Great place!

They've done a great job so far at Spring Oak, I'd give them top marks across the board! Everything from the facility to the staff to the food has been great, she really seems to love it here! And I really appreciate the effort they put into introducing new residents to the community!

space awkward; no one in me...

space awkward; no one in mem sppt progr (empty.); limited activities and ammenities