Leisure Park - Lakewood Township, NJ

We decided to take my dad to this facility in the independent living section

Home Sweet Home

Leisure Park is truly a warm loving home. Moved my 93 year old aunt here two months ago. She is happier than I have seen her in years. She is eating better and getting exercise that has vastly improved her circulation. The staff is amazing, caring and efficient. Her apartment is roomy modern and clean. They even let us have a big family party in a private room!
[name removed] and [name removed] are blessings from heaven for the residents-each treated like family!
Thank you Leisure Park for letting me sleep better at night knowing my dear aunt is safe and happy!

Mom has improved greatly

We moved our mother up to NJ to be closer to us. She was nervous about all of the changes that were taking place, but now after a stint in rehab, she is adjusting nicely to her new home in Assisted Living. She has made a great deal of progress with her overall health, is making friends, loves Bingo, and is looking forward to being able to head out for some of the shuttle trips. We are very happy that we found a place for her at Leisure Park. Thanks for everything.

Tony G's daughter

my dad was a resident at leisure park for nearly 3 years
he was very happy for the little time he was there. The staff was excellent they were friendly professional and very accommodating.
[name removed] and [name removed] were always available for any problems that arose. There is no perfect scenario when a loved one has to be placed in a facility but they are pretty close to perfect in my book.
Dad has since passed away and he always had the highest regard for all who worked there.
Thank you all for a difficult situation made easy.

Things are getting better...

My loved one is getting better and adjusting to all of the changes since moving into the Leisure Park. The staff check on her all of the time and they are very nice people, but I wish they had a social worker or something to help guide through the process because we just recently found out they have a counseling service. Other than that, things are progressing and I will be updating my review once she has been there a couple more months.

Frans Daughter

Leisure park Rocks! Staff is Amazing , from the young kitchen staff, Delicious food, front desk and the Maintenance men. The Sales people, Ruth And Stacey, really go the Extra mile . Your parents will need time to Adjust and it's not Home which is just the way life is at this point , BUT I don't think anything comes closer. 👍🏻❤️👍🏻 Also, Patrick has always been Available for any questions or concerns. 👏🏻⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It is a very good place and she is enjoying it there.

I would highly recommend this facility

Leisure Park is immaculate. The staff is amazingly friendly. They are very well trained. They are very enthusiastic. My mother is a very happy woman. The only hiccup we had is she sold her home and this facility told her they would have a place. As it turned out they only had a 2 bedroom 2 bath. So she had to move into it until the one she wanted became available. So then she recently had to move again. They staff there really made it the less stressful though. They helped her move everything. She says the food is excellent. We come from a family of cooks and she is very pleased. There are 2 brothers that play the piano and sing, exercise classes, video bowling, and a lot more to keep her occupied. The staff encourage meeting new people. When she was new they encouraged her to sit at different tables in the dining room and meet new residents. She is a very happy woman. Even driving her to Dr. appointments is great here. They drop her off and pick her up right up at the door. Great kindness is extended to her there. I would highly recommend this facility.

Great Independent Living

People who work there are excellent, it amazing how they remember everyone's name. Not just the management, but all of the employees also. My folks are in independent living, love the food, plenty to do if they want to take advantage of it, but that will come with time. Most of the residents are really nice people. Probably take two to three months to really get comfortable.

Everyone has been exceptional. Dad loves it. Food is restaurant quality.

She has only been there for not that long a time. I think they made her transition pretty easy. They were very welcoming when she first arrived. They are very polite. I do not really have any negative things to say.

I absolutely love it!

I absolutely love it. I was very concerned about my aunt because she did not have any contact with people her age. Now that she lives here, she is up early in the morning participating in activities and programs. She is having the time of her life. I really do like the place. It's always clean and the people are just wonderful. Even the residents just seem happy and talkative. I would highly recommend this place!

Very nice looking place, helpful friendly staff

I toured this facility while helping a loved one look into senior living, and I was very impressed by what I saw at Leisure Park. The staff here were incredibly supportive throughout the whole process, they were right on top of any questions I had or any information I needed. When I visited all of the residents I spoke to seemed to adore the place, and had nothing but good things to say about all the activities and the food.

I would rate them highly, a five out of five.

So far, so good. Mom is content. The food has been good. They clean the rooms once a week. I would rate them highly, a five out of five.

Very nice administrators offered us great lunch. And secretaries very friendly. If it weren't for Rt. 70 and all the noisy traffic being in front of bldg. I'd have chosen this place.

Leisure Park Independent Living

Twelve years ago my mother decided she should move from her home and try out Independent Living at Leisure Park, in Lakewood NJ. It was an excellent decision.
She moved into a light-filled one-bedroom apartment that gave her plenty of space. It was well-appointed, with great closets, extra storage space, and well designed to set off the furniture she brought from her previous home.

It took very little time for her to make friends and to fit into the life and activities there. She made some very close friends over the years—interesting people with lively personalities.

While Leisure Park is a lovely place, it is the staff that makes it really work. They are caring, helpful people. They pay attention. They smile. They get to know the families. They go the extra mile. When my mother passed away unexpectedly, the staff was very sensitive to our needs. She would have appreciated that. We certainly did.

I recommend Leisure Park to anyone looking for the experience of Independent Living in a caring, congenial, pleasant atmosphere.

We are very impressed with them.

We are very impressed with them. I don't have any complaints at all. My parents love it there. There are a lot of activities for them to participate in they take two trips a month to Atlantic City, and shopping trips, and exercises. We went and had a meal with them and it was good. We are very happy with them.

Excellent Facility and Staff

The care and attention given to our Mom by the staff at Leisure park was excellent.

They took care of Mom as if she was family.

I highly recommend them.

leisure park

I had a ridiculous time placing my mom at other locations because she is difficult to deal with. The staff at Leisure Park took control we placed my mom and she is now adjusting. the staff is amazing the place is clean and they have plenty of activities to keep them busy. my mother is in the" bridges to rediscovery" unit which is for dementia and Alzheimers patients I would highly recommend it.

Overall we are really pleased

Overall we are really pleased, she is getting the care she needs. She is more comfortable than she was before. The food would be more of a three, but I am still happy with them overall.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Leisure Park, we've had experience with a few communities and this place definitely ranks at the top. The staff here are all very nice, caring people, and the place is clean and well kept. They've done a really great job getting her at the right level for her medication, she seems to be doing much better now. My only complaint is that sometimes they miss details when it comes to care. When I visit sometimes I'll find that nobody put her compression socks on that morning. I also wish they'd check a little more frequently for trips to the restroom. But overall it's a nice place.

Very nice. Lovely spacious apts. with New kitchens. Nice amenities. Nice friendly staff. A good option for independent living.

New Family Home

I recently moved my mom into leisure park .The director of sales Ruth was great with my mom she made my mom feel very comfortable making the move from her home after 50 years of personal belongings as well as reassuring her that she would be there if she needed anything after the move that she inherited a new granddaughter.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Leisure Park has been wonderful so far, my loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! The sales person we worked with before moving in, Stacy, did a phenomenal job. She was helpful and informative. I really have no complaints whatsoever, the staff, the food, and the overall environment are all wonderful. The one thing I've noticed they could do better is to install some video surveillance in their parking lot, my wife's car was keyed on the day we were moving our loved one in.

Nice place

My loved one was only here a short time, but I thought they did a good job while she was here. The employees were all very kind, caring, and accommodating.

The Best in South Jersey

My parents have been at Leisure Park a little over a month. Overall everyone has been extremely patient with them and me. I would only recommend some sort of family manual that would go over all the little things that I have had to learn day by day. ***** (five stars) to the angels Michelle and Dana in the Assisted Living Wellness Center, they have been a saving grace to me and my husband getting us all settled in. Stacey in sales also earned her stars working with my stubborn parents and really helped work out all the details.
I would highly recommend Leisure Park to anyone looking for a safe place for the family, that also looks like a luxury hotel.

With Care and Concern

I would like to commend Stacy and Ruth on their hard work and heartfelt care and concern for their residents, future residents and their families.
Although we could not place my mom in Leisure Park at this time...I wanted them to know how much our family appreciated all they had done for us. Thank you.

The service is wonderful. ...

The service is wonderful. However there is a vast difference in the independent side of the building and the assisted side. When you enter the assisted side is shabby - there is no other word for it. its disheartening. I may still place my mom here because of all the good things that I have heard but it looks so run down.For the money they are charging - some new furniture and decorating would be a welcome sight.

First impressions

We’ve only been there a little while. There was a little issue with the bed linens. They could be clearer about the dietary options. We were told they offer gluten free diet options and mostly it’s just they offer guidance on avoiding gluten. The activities seem really good.

Quality, reasonable elder care!

Leisure Park is a wonderful facility that cares for its residents very much. There is a young staff that has alot of energy in planning activities for seniors that keep them active and stimulates their minds. They plan activities that gets them out into the world--lunches and dinners at local restaurants, trips to local mega-stores and supermarkets, and to church. The staff knows the names of the residents and shows real delight in working with them. My mother has been a resident three months and is making a very good adjustment. She usually enjoys the meals, which are in a lovely dining room setting. And the good thing is that this is a facility that is reasonable when you consider the cost of care of the elderly.

Lovely, friendly place for my aging mother

The staff at Leisure Park is marvelous. They have made my mom feel at home and she is really enjoying herself. She says the food is fantastic and she is very happy not to have to cook any more. She is also making lots of new friends.
She also loves her apartment. It's large enough for all her needs and cozy at the same time. The housecleaning service is also very welcome. Her eyesight is not good enough for her to be able to clean efficiently and at her age I am very glad that she no longer has to do her own cleaning.

toured with dawn; 400+ resi...

toured with dawn; 400+ residents; seems like a small town feel; indep living and skilled nursing care in addition to al and bridges. lots of activities, pet friendly, trips, rooms ok.

I feel like they aren't very good at keeping up with the personal care.

The communication is lacking. I feel like they aren't very good at keeping up with the personal care. It's nice and clean, and the food is pretty good. They don't make sure he comes down for meals. They do have an alternate menu so if there is something he doesn't want he can order something else. We chose it because It's one of the cleaner places we saw. It also seemed to have more men than a lot of the other communities.

Very nice place!

They really take a genuine interest in each of their residents here. They got to know my loved one quickly, what she likes, and the sort of care that would work best for her. They used all of this to make sure she got settled in quickly and was comfortable. The community itself is very nice, it is always clean and well kept and the staff are all very friendly.

terrible

didn't know til the day we moved mom in what the final cost would be way over what they talked to us about

They have everything you need there.

They have everything you need there. If you need an assistant or to go to the doctor. The drugstore is right next door. The food is very good. Once I understood the difference between assisted and independent living, I realized they are so much more affordable. Overall you really need to understand the difference between the two.

Mother-in-law seems very happy here

They seem to do a good job at this community. All of the residents looked content and relaxed. The facility itself is very clean, and has a nice sort of homey smell, not clinical like some places. I've also heard good things about the food. All the employees I've interacted with have been friendly and helpful.

Looked nice during the tour

This community seemed very nice, I saw it when I was helping a friend look into a new place. The staff was friendly, and seemed to provide good care to the residents. My friend decided on a different community, but we were impressed with what we saw here.

Review Of Leisure Park

We found the property very nice, the room excellant, the staff we interfaced with very attentive to our parents needs and responsive to our requests. Our folks have been at the residence for just over a week and seem happy. The report is the foodi= is excellent and the care is very good.

This seems to meet all of o...

This seems to meet all of our needs! Hoping to move in late fall.

Great Activities, Great Atmosphere

My mother really likes it there. I only had one little thing with them and that was that my mother didn't know how to work her phone so I couldn't get ahold of her and the first time that happened it took them over an hour to get to her room and I wasn't sure what wa going on.

The activities, if the people participate because the have a choice, have been very good. My mother is busy all day. They take them on trips and have a beauty parlor on site. I think it's a great place. It's bright and cheery. It's a great atmosphere.

Leisure Park, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's Care and Nursing Care, is an independent full-service community conveniently located amid the relaxed atmosphere of the Jersey Shore, and within an easy drive to New York and Philadelphia.

Our independent living is ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle. Our residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations with a variety of floor plans. Fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more.

Assisted Living at Leisure Park is designed for seniors who desire residential living but require support with some activities of daily living such as medication reminders, bathing, dressing and dining. With the support of a 24-hour staff, licensed nurse and customized service based on individual needs, residents are able to maximize their independence and participate in activities that promote socialization and friendships. At Leisure Park's Bridge to Rediscovery Community we recognize the special needs of people with Alzheimer's disease and other memory disorders. With a secure home-like setting and the support of 24-hour staff residents thrive in an environment designed for their unique needs.

Health Care/Sub-Acute Rehab Our Health Care Community is the choice for seniors requiring post-hospital and post-surgical care and for those who have more complex around the-clock nursing care needs. Leisure Park offers long-term skilled nursing care as well short-term rehabilitation therapies designed to restore each resident to his or her highest level of functioning and independence.

At Leisure Park, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of our residents and their families. We invite you to tour our community and experience what our residents like to call home.