I really like Bella Terra. The facility was clean and nicely decorated. It was a little upscale for my mother.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback; we appreciate your review!

[name removed] was most helpful in showing me both IL and AL and discussing the possibility of respite with PT to see if my aunt could be considered for IL. The only thing I didn't like was how dark the decor was and that the halls were very narrow and dark.

[name removed] was most helpful in showing me both IL and AL and discussing the possibility of respite with PT to see if my aunt could be considered for IL. The only ting I didn't like was how dark the decor was and that the halls were very narrow and dark.

Very happy with my brother's care in Legacy court

My brother has lived in Legacy court ( memory care) for almost a year. He had lived on the independent side of Bella terra 6 months prior to moving to legacy. The staff in Legacy is wonderful: very caring and very friendly. The residents have their own rooms that are located in a rectangular/ circular design so they can always locate their way back to their room...from the living room, dining room or activity room. The dedicated activity director has many varied, personalized, creative activities that residents enjoy from word games, singing, baking, to making holiday decorations and participating in holiday festivities. I feel it's most importance that residents in legacy feel there is a personal concern for them ( when their family cannot be there) and this definitely occurs daily in activity time. There is an outside courtyard where gardening and other activities occur. There are occasional guest entertainers in Legacy. I do wish the Legacy residents could more frequently attend entertainment/activities that occur into Bella Terra with the independent & assisted people. My brother especially enjoys the Legacy weekly bus excursions. The nurses 24/7 are wonderful and certain doctors do come to visit. The Legacy manager is always personable and very reassuring. She is always determined to answer questions, concerns or complaints. Of course I've had occasional concerns, for example : lack of certain supplies in my brother's room, specific personal care concerns or room maintence but these concerns have always been addressed. In general, I am very satisfied with my brother's care in Legacy Court. This is a difficult, demanding job and they do it quite well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and we're honored to provide exceptional care for our residents and their families!

I have no complaints

The grounds are beautiful. The memory care has a private enclosed garden and they are growing tomatoes currently. The garden has a table and chairs for the residents to sit. The unit is set up as a circle so the residents are always able to get back to their room. They offer daily activities. The caregivers are taking good care of mom and I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is making her home here at Bella Terra!

Been a rough road but things are looking up

My dad has had a rough start here, but all the staff and management have been so good in working with us to help him. My dad fell and had to start physical therapy which they do have on site but he did end up having to go to the hospital and then had a short stay at a rehab But he is now back and they have set him up in a respite assisted living apt until he is well enough to return to his own apt in the independent living section. All of the staff here have done so much for my dad, and things are beginning to turn around for him here. He enjoys going to the dining room for his meals and he likes socializing with the other residents there. The food is good in fact I have met with the chef and was impressed with the fact that he uses fresh ingredients in his cooking, I like the food as well. I would definitely recommend this community and doing a tour here.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your dad is enjoying his home here at Bella Terra!

The place was dated and the halls were tight and a little dark feeling.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Bella Terra was not a five-star experience. We strive to provide the best possible experience for residents, families and guests and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Nice community. Apartments very nice. Full kitchen. Common areas and amenities are nice. Indoor pool . Dining very nice. Looked like a restaurant! Beauty salon was active! Beautiful area for PT

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

Friendly staff!

The Bella Terra was nice, but the inside was a bit dark. The people who work there were all very nice and I don't want to say anything bad about them, but it was not as nice as the other facilities that I toured.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review! We strive for continuous improvement and your input is much appreciated. If there were specific areas of concern during your tour, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with additional feedback.

Not for us

We toured this community when looking for my mother-in-law. It was a nice community but overall it wasn't a good fit for my love done.

They put on a good show during the tour!!

I have concerns about the administrative staff at this community. No one seems to return phone calls and I have been billed for medication that the insurance should be paying. I cannot get a response to see if the insurance has been billed for this. We were not able to visit during the first two weeks she was there. The caregivers are nice and take good care of my aunt. They keep the community clean and she seems to like the food.

You let me down!

When me and my loved one first got into this place we loved it. Since then things have changed and it is not good. We feel that a lot of things should have been told to us before we signed any lease. We are now looking to relocate and we are very disappointed.

SLC Midwest

We are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your decision to join the Bella Terra community. It is upsetting to hear things have changed. I would love the opportunity to visit with you about your concerns. Our goal is to provide a beautiful community in which residents are comfortable, safe and happy. Please reach out to me at [removed] so I can better understand and address your concerns; Kim Greer, Executive Director

So far, 1st choice

I recently toured this facility for my loved one. I was taken to the 'memory care' by Pat. She was very helpful and so kind. I have been to many other facilities and this, by far, is the most home like environment I could hope for. I was introduced to Karen the 'memory care director' and was impressed with her caring attitude and understanding of my situation. The staff were all very friendly and seemed to interact with the people. I really liked the fact that all the people were dressed nicely and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I am definitely considering Bella Terra's 'memory care'.

A good community!!

Mom is enjoying living at Bella Terra. The staff are nice and outgoing. Her apartment is nice and she likes the daily activities and entertainment. They keep the community clean. I would recommend this community. She likes the food.

Great Option for Independent Seniors

Bella Terra is truly beautiful earth. The grounds are beautiful and the building is as if you are entering a luxury resort. The public rooms are beautifully decorated and the dining experience is "restaurant like". The menu is diverse and delicious! There are activities like Bingo, Baking, and Swimming, and live entertainers too. Medication management and motion detection security is provided. If you or your loved one only need a little support, this is a great place to be. However, the assisted living side is, unfortunately, another story. There is a SIGNIFICANT gap between what the sales department represents as the level of care available and what actually happens in assisted living at Bella Terra. A call bell is rented from the facility and nursing assistants are available to help you/ your loved one. The call answer time leaves a lot to be desired but when the aides do come to help they are attentive to you needs. I am reminded that this is not a nursing facility and the level of care reflects that. Be sure to ask the ratio between caregivers and residents on the assisted living side. I did not and wish I had. With that said, Bella Terra is a beautiful place and overall a very nice experience.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your recent Bella Terra review as we too think it is a beautiful senior living community. Bella Terra does offer a variety of options to our residents, which includes Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care offers levels of care within the guidelines of the State of New Jersey Regulations. The Assisted Living and Memory Care communities also offer a variety of amenities including 24 hour nursing care, medication management, and assistance with activities of daily living. We have an individual call system along with an optional pendant. I am sorry your experience with this system is not what expected. I invite you to contact me or stop by so I can learn more about your concerns. Thank you again, I look forward to speaking with your further. Kim Greer, Executive Director.

Excellent referral, for a facility that was for Independent Living. A respite stay was tried for 2 weeks. Nice,a clean environment, and friendly residents, and staff. Paula [Removed], and Pat [Removed], were the Front line staff that assisted in ALL the move process. Dana & Annette took care of the many calls made, to and from the facility. At this time, our family member is returning to her home, so her return & stay is TBD. Thank you Jennifer for your guidance, in a selection process to this unknown world.

Bella Terra's staff makes this facility an excellent choice for one to call this home. It is clean, safe and staff like Paula [Removed], Pat [Removed], as well as the front line staff of Annette and Dana we're inviting and accommodating.. I felt like I personally knew the staff, when actually I only met them over the phone, (I live 2000 miles away). These individuals were all prompt to respond to any needs. I had a clear picture of what Bella Terra was, for our family member's stay, and would recommend this place to those that are looking or would like a trial, like a respite stay.

My father is a resident in the memory care unit. The staff is wonderful and were extremely helpful when we were deciding where my father would live. They worked very hard to make sure he could go right from rehab to his new residence. Me and my family are very happy and would highly recommend Bella Terra. Paula really went above and beyond.

My mother is very pleased with the accommodations, and she likes it there.

My mother is very pleased with the accommodations, and she likes it there. The food is good. The only complaint is that it gets warm even with the thermostat turned down and the window open. You still need a fan to get some air flow. It seems that the air is not on in the room, but it's on in the offices. Other than that it seems to be working out okay, I would give them a four.

SLC Midwest

We are glad to hear that mom is enjoying her new accommodations at Bella Terra and Bella Terra is so happy to have your mom. Due to the very cold nights that we have been experiencing we have not turned on the air conditioning in the community. Once the air conditioning is turned on, we will not have heat for our residents during the overnight hours, as the HVAC system does not work this way. I am happy to report, however, that as of this Friday we will switch over from heat to air conditioning as the temperatures are going to be warmer at night and we want to ensure that our residents are kept comfortable. Please feel free to reach out to me, Kim Greer, Executive Director, at [removed] if you have any other feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Friendly Residents

My mother in law is doing very well with her transition to the community. The staff has been extremely helpful for helping her adjust to community. They take the time to show her around and found a nice place for her to seat at meal time. It is clean and everything looks pretty nice and neat. The resident is very friendly and kind. The activity my mother in law enjoys doing is bingo and they offer many more. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. They really make you feel comfortable here.

Bella Terra

Everyone at Bella Terra has been so nice and extremely helpful, especially Racel P. Hope my mom gets there soon!!

on site visit

I visited Bella Terra with a friend who is interested in Independent living. she is impressed with the helpful staff, particularly Rachel and Pat. She loved the facility and living space. I believe she will be living there soon.

Missing items again and again!

If you plan on putting a family member here, don't make the mistake of leaving anything of value with them.
My mother lost a diamond tennis bracelet within the first month. Her clothes seem to change. Must get mixed up in the laundry. I bought my mom some clothes for Christmas and two items immediately disappeared. One item was eventually found.
The worst was when the gold chain with my dad's wedding ring disappeared. It's been over a month now a it has not been found.
If anyone else had this problem, please post it and inform the Jackson PD. Someone should keep track of this.
If this has happened to a family member please email me at;
[removed]

I would recommend them to anyone.

It's wonderful, my father in law is very happy, and they are taking very good care of him. It's got to be the best place we looked into. They adjusted the price to reflect the care he needs so we can just pay more as he starts to need more care. He eats well, and they go on trips, they went to a baseball game today. They are the best. They treat him like he is a king. I would recommend them to anyone.

Nice place, but the food could use some improvement.

So far I can't say I have any complaints. There doesn't seem to be any improvement in the food though, so that is disappointing. Everything else seems fine, it's clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't really get any other complaints.

SLC East

We are disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience in our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services to our residents. We will continue to strive to bring the best quality services to our residents.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really do appreciate it!

Good until the end came

I am writing in response to the administrative staff at Bella Terra. About one hour after my mother passed I called Bella Terra to tell them that my mom had died and I would be there with my sister to get clothing for her funeral. I showed up at the main desk then went to the head person and it was as if I told them my pet gold fish had died and I was coming to dig a hole. No offense but you people need to get it together and act like the family you profess to be.
I will once again say my mother was very happy here - it was there treatment of us after she died that was uncalled for . I'm not even talking about the day of her death. The entire event surrounding our emptying out her apt was uncomfortable. The sweetest people there were the aides who came to the room, expressed their sympathy and said kind and caring words to us and offered us help. NO ONE FROM THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF SAID OR DID ONE THING!!!

SLC East

Bella Terra’s top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please feel free to contact the community to share more information on how we can improve our services.

Manners go a long way

My mom was only there a little over a month but she loved it. She had a beautiful room and loved the aids.
The food was only fair at best but she loved her room so much it made up for the food plus we brought her her favorites.
I didn't like the coldness of the administrative staff after my mom died. Not even an "I'm sorry for your loss" My mom considered that her home as we did. Hope they read this and have sympathy cards mass produced. It means a lot to the families. For that reason, I would not recommend Bella Terra. My mom deserved better.

SLC East

Bella Terra's residents are part of a community family and when we have a resident pass away it is a loss for everyone. We memorialize all residents during our yearly Memorial Service. In which all of the residents and staff can participate in.
We are very sorry for any family that suffers a loss.

Went to visit on a Monday. Rooms were very nice. Staff I was in contact with were all nice. This is definitely a contender for my mother.This facility does have memory care, and residents are unable to wander out.

Mixed

Bella Terra is a clean, well designed facility. The apartment seems lovely; it is bright and sunny and well appointed. There are a wide variety of activities and seem well received. There are some issues. The food is not of the healthiest variety. The food value is negligible for the money. There are issues with laundry as there are not quite adequate facilities for residents. Often, when questioned, the response to concerns is "Yes, we get a lot of complaints about that". Yet, nothing changes. Every detail incurs a charge to the resident, so the place is costly.

However, since my mom seems to be adjusted we will go forward and hope it continues to provide a good atmosphere for her. Despite its price, it definitely was the nicest place in the Ocean county area.

Nice place overall, communication could use some work

Overall I think they do a good job at Bella Terra. The facility itself is always well kept and clean, and they take great care of my loved one. She really seems to enjoy it here! My only complaint is that their communication and follow-through could use a lot of work. You have to be very persistent to get any sort of response from them, at times.

Laundry missing, staff turn over

The place looks pretty and doesn't smell. Calls are not returned by staff or directors. The staff turn over is huge, like a revolving door. There is much confusion in the way this facility is run. Missing laundry happens too often. There is no system in place to handle laundry.

Get it together

Huge turnaround with staff and residents. Administration doesn't call family members back when there is a major concern.
Lack of communication and organization. Laundry is missing and getting other peoples laundry. Bella Terra has been operating over a decade and still hasn't got it together yet.

Looked nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall. The staff we spoke with were friendly, and the facility was well kept and clean. However, our loved one was a bit beyond what they are able to provide carewise.

Not impressed. Apts nice size but old kitchens. Didn't give a lot of info during the tour, and didn't spend a lot of time with me.

SLC East

Thank you for taking the time to review our community, and we're always excited for anyone to tour our community. Our team is very experienced and we take great pleasure in providing the best quality of care and services to all of our residents. However, we are sorry to hear that your visit didn't leave you impressed. I'd love to invite you back for a personal tour by me and a complimentary lunch. Feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed] or at [removed]. Thanks, Kim Greer, Executive Director.

Mom seems very happy here!

They're doing a good job taking care of my loved one at Bella Terra, Mom seems very happy here. It's a very nice looking place, and the rooms are a nice size for what you pay. The staff are friendly, and take good care of the residents, she has been getting all of the services she needs and seems to be doing much better than when she was living on her own.

Very nice place, overall

So far things have gone very well at Bella Terra. My loved one has had nothing but good things to say about her time there so far, she says the food is great, the aides are helpful, and the nurses have been wonderful. We're very pleased with the experience so far.

All's well that ends well

I recently wrote about a disconnect between salespeople and losing a room we had hoped to get for my mom. I'[m very happy to say that all has been resolved. After much hard work on his part, Alex called us on Monday and told us a room had become available. We couldn't have been happier. This is a great community and a wonderful value. We are moving my mom in the first week of August. The entire family is happy. We look forward to a very happy experience at Bella Terra.

I hope to be posting 5 stars in all criteria very soon.

This community has everythi...

This community has everything I was looking for but because of a disconnect between sales representatives I lost my room. I would have loved to have my mother there. The price is wonderful and this care matches it. The rooms are the best I have seen anywhere.

Sign me up I'm moving in to...

Sign me up I'm moving in tomorrow!

We have one that complains about the ...

We have one that complains about the food, and one that thinks it's fine. I think the one that complains is used to more salty foods, and this is a little bland. We have had something go missing from the laundry already and it's only been about a month. They were one of the few that offered two bedroom apartments. The administrative department is a little disorganized and lacking.

SLC East

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are truly appreciative that you moved into Bella Terra. The reason the food may not taste salty is because we do not cook with added salt. Therefore the residents can control that aspect of their diet. Additionally, we welcome your loved one to join our food committee meetings to share their input on the food directly with the dining team. We have processes in-place for housekeeping so that the laundry is returned in its original condition. If this has not been the case please bring this to management’s attention so it can be addressed. We are always looking for ways to improve the administration of our services and would appreciate any more insight you can give us on how to do so. Thank you again for choosing Bella Terra to be your home and please feel free to reach out to me whenever it is most convenient for you. Kim Greer, Executive Director. [removed]

Bella Terra Should be commended

The staff at Bella Terra should be commended for the excellent care they extend to the residents. They are professional & extremely personable. They care about the residents.

Karen and the Staff at Bella Terra,

It was about two years ago when my mother moved in to Bella Terra. She had been in the Hospital and her doctor recommended Rehab. We took her to Concord Rehab in Lakewood and the therapists there said that she could no longer return to her house alone. I had been watching her for years before and saw the slow onset of her dementia. At first it was only a forgotten word or two, but it was progressing and just before going into the hospital she was having trouble with everyday chores. I decided that it was time for her to move to a facility where she could get help and be watched. We looked around and settled on Bella Terra, and took a one bedroom apartment in Assisted Living.

Most of the first year was great there. She was participating in activities and going to her church on Sunday, even bringing some of the other residents with her. I am told by the Reverend that they are still coming to church. After a while, she began to want to stay in her apartment and was again having trouble with her chores, and after a bout of depression, we moved her into Legacy Court under your care.

You and your staff did wonders with her. I know she could be a handful, but you all know what you are doing, and the care and love you showed my Mom. You all made her last days as good as I could have wished. Thank you for your care, love and kind card to me from all of you. Should anyone ask, I will them that we made the right choice when she moved to Bella Terra.

Words cannot express my gratitude!

Words cannot express my gratitude to Karen Turner and the Legacy Court staff. I had hesitations and worries about putting my mom into a memory care unit. In one hour meeting with Karen Turner, all of my worries and fears had diminished. I would recommend Karen Turner and Legacy Court because of her continuous care and devotion to her residents. Karen ALWAYS goes about and beyond for her residents and their families. Legacy Court has a great staff of aides who take excellent care of my mom. There are also two nurses on staff, Kevin Burton and Doris Winkey, who are both very dedicated to their residents. Both nurses always keep open communication with my family and always address any concerns with my mom. Karen, Doris and Kevin have made my mother's transition to Legacy Court a positive one. My family and I will forever be grateful to Karen Turner and her staff for all that they do for our mom.

Met with Frank. Liked IL th...

Met with Frank. Liked IL through memory care. Pool. Worried may be too big and possibly confusing to navigate. Liked memory unit director Karen very dedicated.

Nice place, overall

My loved one had been staying at this community for a while, and during her time there I feel they did a good job with her care. The facility itself is very clean and nice looking, as well. Unfortunately due to health complications and increasing care needs she needed to be moved elsewhere, but this place is certainly worth a look.

It felt very friendly and very homey,...

It felt very friendly and very homey, Some place you can feel at home and know everyone. Donna was great in showing everything & explaning everything just like it was her own. I loved the way she represented Bella Terra.

Good value, Nice accommodations

The property itself is quite nice. Feels homey without being too opulent, and very clean and welcoming. Apartments are spacious with nice layouts. Responsiveness from sales staff hasn't been great, but after being pesty, they do respond. Parents complain about the quality/variety of meals. Breakfast stops being served at 9AM, and they aren't thrilled with dinners. Overall value as compared to other facilities is great. Hard to gauge sometimes whether their first impressions are a result of the facility or their acclimation, but I'd definitely recommend this facility for touring.

SLC East

Thank you for choosing Bella Terra Senior Living for your parents. We are thrilled to have them as part of our community. We are sorry to learn that we did not fully meet your expectations. At Bella Terra, we strive to provide exceptional customer service including timely communication. More specifically, we understand that dining is an important part of the resident experience. Our dining team would welcome your participation on the food committee to better understand what we could do to enhance the program. We thank you for the feedback and invite you to contact Peggy O’Neil, Executive Director at [removed] so that we can sit down to discuss your concerns in more detail. Again, thank you, for choosing Bella Terra and we look forward to speaking with you, soon.

Good community

From what we saw during our tour this place looked good. The staff and the residents seemed friendly, and it was clean and well kept. It didn't have quite the right atmosphere we were looking for for Mom, but that was just our personal tastes, nothing wrong with the community itself!

The facilities are beautiful, the sta...

The facilities are beautiful, the staff are friendly, and it is wonderful to know my mother is safe and happy.

My sister-in-law actually chose Bella...

My sister-in-law actually chose Bella Terra for my mother-in-law. She visits there quite frequently and I'll forward this review to her to complete.

private rooms 3600, medicaid, like su...

private rooms 3600, medicaid, like sunrise less expensive, distance

We are leaning towards Bella Terra fo...

We are leaning towards Bella Terra for my mom.

Visited. Was impressed with the place...

Visited. Was impressed with the place. Will visit the Alzheimer's unit next time. Price is right.

looks good, seems to have everything

looks good, seems to have everything

Nestled among towering trees and a quiet stream, Bella Terra is a beautiful place to call home. A rental community, residents pay no entrance or endowment fee. The monthly service fee includes fine dining, housekeeping, linen services, scheduled transportation, utilities, and building and grounds maintenance.

A variety of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans are available. There's a full range of events and activities for those who like to stay active. Residents can take advantage of the community's art studio, computer center, fitness center, library, and indoor swimming pool as well as daily activities and special events.

Assisted living residents enjoy the independence and pleasure of living in their own apartment home, with the added comfort of 24-hour supportive services to provide a helping hand when needed.

Bella Terra'a specialized memory care program is the perfect environment for older adults with Alzheimer's disease or memory loss to receive the compassionate care that they need and deserve. Residents live in private studio apartments, enjoy family-style meals in the country kitchen and can safely enjoy the outdoors in the enclosed courtyard. The staff engages residents in individual and group activities that are designed to maximize the abilities of each resident.