The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

Gave you that typical nursing home feel. Not for those needing independent living, or those early stage assisted living adults in my opinion.This seems to be a very caring place but very dark. It definitely could use some fresh updated painting. The dark doors and trim could use some brightening to help give visitors a different feel. The garden areas are wonderful. Staff seemed genuinely caring and love their job. [Name removed] was amazing and kind.

loved this place, and the rooms are bigger than the one on Post. They have a kitchenette, which the one on Post does not. I'm going back with my brother and his wife Memorial Day weekend.

The staff does the most important thing. They listen!

I like the people, the management, the care staff and the care and love that is exhibited by all that work there. No task is too small or meaningless as shown by the care givers. I love the activities that are provided for the residents daily. The kitchen is always ready to take care of meal needs as required. This place has become our family. They always greet everyone with a smile and a hug!

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

A loving facility with people who care.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

I like everything! I've never had it so good.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

I love the Christian attitude of the people that are taking care of us. We are treated as family, and not as a money projected.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

I can't live alone any longer. I have many Christian friends here. I love the worship service on Sunday. I am content

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

We have a camaraderie between us and staff. Staff is unusually kind and helpful. We have beautiful surroundings and the apartments are very spacious. I love it that they are pet-friendly. The Maintenance Director is the best I've ever know. He is so on top of everything.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

I like it... Period. The ones who work here are good to me. This is the prettiest place I've seen, my daughter and her husband live close by and they picked this community for me because I moved here from Ohio.

Beyond excellent!

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

I have made wonderful friendships with other residents. Cleanliness is a top priority here. Management and staff treat me like family.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

The staff does a great job. They really show concern about the residents.
The caregivers are very good in what they do. It's my home and I am glad to be here.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

All of the caretakers do a good job, and a few are outstanding with their care and attention.

Very lovely facility

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

[The] most friendly atmosphere all the time. Caregivers are all helpful and extremely friendly all the time. All seem to go out of their way to take care of any problem at any time.
I would recommend this community to anyone needing assisted living for any reason.

[removed]

Review of The Oaks at Hampton - Cumming, GA

Before I moved my wife to Oaks at Hampton, I never thought I would hear her laugh again. Now she laughs and smiles all the time. Every time, I visit, I tell all the staff all the staff and managers thank you for everything. She lived at 2 other facilities, but this one is by far the very best.

Fantastic Staff In This Community

My mothers health isn't doing the best, but they are doing a good job caring for her, and her needs. This is a great community with a good staff. I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. The staff is fantastic, and they are providing her with good care. I'am satisfied with the community, and everything they have done for my family. It is a facility I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Mom is Doing Great

It has been a great experience since my mothers move to this community. I'am comfortable with her move here, it is a nice facility. It is a good, safe environment for her. She is doing great, and I'am satisfied with this community.

Love One Is In Good Hands

We are very pleased with my love one move to this community. He is doing well, and we are satisfied with all they have done for our family. He is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good, they have been helpful when needed, and kind to the family when we visit. They do a good job with keeping his room, and the community well-kept. This is a community I would recommend to my friends, and family.

Wonderful staff!

The staff is wonderful, and they are doing everything they can to care for my loved one. They are just angels; they are extremely attentive and caring! The facility is well maintained, and food and medications come on schedule. I would highly recommend The Oaks!

Care for mom

The care is good here for my mom. She is happy with the meals. The staff are very nice and helpful. They do offer activities that are offered, she does like the small trips. She is happy at this clean and well taken care of community. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

I Liked The New Community

I liked them because it is a new facility. i walked around the community to see what they have. The apartment looked suitable. I was not offered a meal to sample. It was a good tour from a knowledgeable staff member.

Still adjusting...

When my mother first moved in, there were a few misunderstandings. There were things that were not getting done but for the most part, they have gotten them squared away. Other than that, the staff have been encouraging and tending to her needs.

T. Fitz

My sister wrote the not so nice review below. An Oaks representative responded. I must say the response is inaccurate. My sister did not give inaccurate information to the Oaks regarding my mothers admission. She provided the information she had. The Oaks admitting team was supposed to meet with personal care home nurse & ASSESS my mom & get the accurate information. They failed to do so. Also, they did in fact charge the full amount even though my sister had to hire private care givers to care for my mother while she was there. I handle my parents finances so I know this for a fact. What makes it worse is they fail to admit their error but rather try to put the blame on our family. They told my sister they would give a partial refund due to the circumstances but did not. I just wish they would quit their excuses & take responsibility. Stop blaming others for what you put us through.

The best selection for Dad

It became apparent that Dad needed to live closer. After visiting the Oaks at Post Road, we knew this was the place for Dad. We learned the Hampton location was under construction. Dad liked that facility and contracted for his apartment.

Dad was an integral part of a dining group of four; another gentleman and two ladies. Dad looked forward to the sherbet and any kind of chocolate desserts at snack time. He loved to smoke a cigar on the rear patio. Some days he would simply read by the fireplace. The Oaks at Hampton is well situated to offer restaurant trips, day trips, and is centralized for hospitals and treatment facilities. It was well situated for Dad’s visits to the Oakwood VA facility.

Dad was a World War II veteran whose service was appreciated and recognized by the Oaks. Each year they encouraged and assisted Dad in attending the annual Veterans Day ceremony. Dad participated with three other veterans from the Oaks in the 2015 Honor Flight to Washington, D.C.

Dad passed away in January 2016. During the time he was at the Oaks at Hampton, they were truly part of our family. I relied on them for advice, support and expertise. We encouraged Dad to come to the Oaks; ultimately it was his decision. We agree with Dad’s selection.

Terrible experience for my family

My family had a very unpleasant experience at this facility. My mother had become completely non-ambulatory and had to move from the personal care home her & my father lived in because they were not licensed to care for non-ambulatory residents. The staff from the Oaks facility, including an admission RN, came and evaluated my mother. They said that they could definitely care for her, were licensed to care for non-ambulatory residents; and accepted her, So, we paid the monthly fee and moved both our parents here, After 6 days, they inform us that they will no longer care for my mother. They now say she is too hard to move (weighs 135 pounds). They then refuse to get her out of bed. They informed me that she had to move immediately. My family had to hire private personal care givers to get my mother up each day & care for her until we found alternative living arrangements. This was a very difficult and stressful time for our family. It saddened us to put my parents through this. The site manager and the owner agreed to refund our community fee but in the end never did. Overall, this was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Denise Salabarria

Although we do have a higher licensure level and are able to accommodate residents with hire care needs, this particular situation was beyond our scope of care. It was extremely unfortunate we were not able to make that determination during the initial evaluation. We rely on a complete and accurate portrayal of the prospective resident’s needs prior to moving in to our community. If we are given inaccurate or, misinformation, it is extremely difficult to make a sound determination of care needs. The care and safety of the people that put their trust in us, is our ultimate concern and priority and therefore we had no choice but to discharge. We did not charge the full amount for room and care fees due to the nature of the situation and only want the best for this older adult and family.

Not impressed

We toured this facility. Pretty on the outside. Was not at all impressed with the inside or the resident rooms. The rooms are dark, only 1 small window in bedroom. We decided this was not the place for our dad. As a side note, the lady at the front desk was rather rude and unfriendly. Did not have a good feeling here.

It was dark and depressing, and not very elegant.

We toured here when we were looking around. We didn't really like it. It was dark and depressing, and not very elegant. This was not a good fit for us.

Total satisfied

I recently toured this facility. The management team was very knowledgeable and understanding!! I was impressed by how welcome they made me feel. I felt as if I was part of there family, and by that I mean you can truly tell that the staff are one big family and care for each other as well as the residents. So many smiling and happy faces made the decision so easy. I am do impressed and glad that I decided to go with The Oaks Hampton. The director Gail is so caring and loving. I met several others while at the facility, the young man at the front desk was friendly and courteous and Janet and Angela were so pleasant. THANK YOU OAKS AT HAMPTON!! We are do pleased with your service!!

Nice place, has a rustic lodge sort of feel

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Oaks at Hampton seemed like a nice place overall, the staff were friendly and the facility was well maintained and clean. However this place seemed a bit more male focused to me, it has sort of a rustic lodge feel and more male residents. It was a nice place, just not the right atmosphere for my loved one.

Needed a community with licensing . . .

for medication management, as Dad is diabetic. The Oaks at Hampton is a relatively newer community and that is reflected by the cleanliness and good common areas. Dad needs help with several daily living activities, which we think is going well. The activity director keeps the residents busy and Dad has participated in many of them. He's taken advantage of the transportation by taking weekly trips to restaurants in the area. While The Oaks at Hampton has higher pricing, it met our needs better than others we visited. We are happy with our decision and feel that Dad is safe and secure.

Although young, Andrew Greeson was quite knowledgeable regarding seniors, their life styles and what The Oaks had to offer them to stimulate their interest and appetites. This is essentially a brand new establishment. Foyer is quite grand with a very open feel which leads into a front sitting area with a glowing 2 way fireplace. The dining rooms was likewise open and had a lovely view of the back walkway. The hallways seemed quite long and somewhat dark. The apartments had just one window each which made it feel somewhat closed in, and dark. Am not sure if this would be a good fit for mom.

Very nice, clean facility.

Review of The Oaks at Hampton Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cumming, GA

I was impressed with this community, the 1 BR was nice, the bldg and setting is lovely, most importantly my first impression of the residents care was that the staff is compassionate.

It's truly a wonderful place

I recently moved my step father into this facility. I don't know where to begin to tell you how awesome this place is. I moved my mother and step-father here three years ago in search of a place that would take good care of them. Well for three years I fought for good care of my parents but I always so disappointed. But The Oaks has been so wonderful. So refreshing from the others. They really do care. Everything about that place is great. The staff, the service, activities and food. My step father is doing so much better in this place. It's truly a wonderful place.

Insensitive

Disappointed with the ownership of the facility. My mother-in-law was there for a total of 4 days before The Oaks required her to leave their facility in order to be hospitalized for a condition they were not equipped to treat. We requested a credit since we prepaid for the month and paid their application fee of almost $1,000. The staff indicated a credit would be issued but required approval from the owner. The owner initially said he would issue a credit but ultimately refused. My mother-in law never returned to The Oaks and since has died.

The best staff

My Mom is in the Horizons memory care section. She is 91 and unable to do most things for herself. The staff is excellent -- upbeat, patient, and knowledgeable. It is a relief to me to have her in such a great place.

The Oaks, a great place for Mom

Mr. Greeson was friendly and concerned about my mother's needs. My mother wanted a nice, new place near where I worked so I could see her regularly and The Oaks is just off the freeway. After she moved in, she found the other residents to be friendly and cooperative.

This is our first experience in the assisted living world and during our search we looked at and met with several communities. The Staff at the Oaks were very professional, friendly and helpful. During our search they made the experience easlier through their caring attitude. The facility is clean and well equipped.
All of these things were very important to us and our mother in selecting a community. I would highly recommend The Oaks At Hampton.

we have been here for 1 month.so far ...

we have been here for 1 month.so far we like it real well.

We had an excellent experience with a...

We had an excellent experience with a Place for Mom. The Oaks at Hampton is a beautiful facility with the most friendly staff. We could not be more satisfied.

A Warm and Homey Environment

We moved my dad in The Oaks at Hampton the week it opened. The environment is very warm and homey. The food is excellent and the dining room is beautiful. The staff is wonderful. Everyone appears to love their job and is so pleasant and accommodating. It is a facility you don't mind going to visit your family member in because people know your name and care about you and your loved one. My dad's level of care is at the top of the scale, so he doesn't really get to appreciate the total facility, which is too bad because there is a lot to do. We researched several communities before choosing this one and feel this one best meets our current needs for my dad.

Great looking place!

It looked like they had quality care and a nice variety of activities. It's a nice clean facility, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. This is one of the communities I toured when I was looking into care options for my loved one. I looked at quite a few options in the area and I was very impressed with all of them. This didn't end up being the place that I selected but I was still impressed by what I saw here.

Very much enjoyed visiting ...

Very much enjoyed visiting with Gail at Oaks of Hampton. Paul, the maintenance director was very kind to show us around before others arrived on Saturday morning. We loved Gail's background, her outlook, and her involvement in the community. Everyone we met was very attentive and understanding to our situation. I also very much like the Oaks 'Philosophy'

Family operated assisted living