The Villas at Canterfield - Cumming, GA

Run, very fast and very far

Find an alternate facility for your family member.
Since my loved one has been in this facility he has suffered multiple injuries and hospital visits due to neglect. In particular, two outings resulted in transport to the hospital from the lack of training on the part of the staff, lack of care and supervision while on the outing, and a shortage of employees as chaperones.
In addition, I repeatedly need to request his room be cleaned properly. The staff turnover is continuous so there is always a need to acclimate the new staff to the needs of my parent. My loved one has had money stolen on multiple occasions with no effort at reimbursement by the facility. There are limited activities for the seniors.
Overall, this facility needs better management and staffing.

Very nice facility and people were very helpful. It was too far away for us.

Great place- ❤️nice clean facility- loved it- and we will consider it for our Mom if our budget allows!

My new home

I like living in this community. The staff is outstanding and the staff is always friendly to my needs. They offer a nice menu, but I like that I am able to cook on my own if I like. There is always something to do in this community for me to keep active. I would recommend the care and the good value for others to live at a very nice place to call home.

Very nice, fairly new, upgraded kitchens. Shower stalls are extremely small except in handicapped unit. Many unit styles to choose from.

Very Nice Tour, Kind Community

I had a good tour of this community, and everyone was very kind. The staff I met was very nice, and friendly. Everything looked very well-kept, it is a nice looking facility. It was a lovely experience, but my mother didn't feel this was the community for her.

Very nice place!

The Villas at Canterfeild was a very nice place. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a positive place. We just did not choose it because of my loved one's personal preference.

Very Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was very nice. Everybody was very pleasant. The community looked very well maintained, everything was very nice and clean. Our only problem was the location, it wasn't very convenient for us. The staff was kind and informative. This is a very nice community.

I took a very special lady to tour the the Villas at Canterfield in Cumming Ga. We did not have an appointment but we were greeted like Royalty. Lynn started the tour and showed us the facility, what a beautiful dining room, it even had table clothes and flowers on each table a private dinning area if you need it. There is even a bar area. A wonderful workout room, with people to help guide you and right off there is a salt water pool. We met some of Grandma's future friends and visited with them. Lisa showed us several room styles. Every floor has a gathering area so you can visit with you family or your friends there, watch T.V or play cards. They made sure we met several people and visited with them. The rooms speak for themselves. They are beautiful, plenty of closet space, a kitchen, washer and dryer and a patio. Well I am happy to say she moved in this week. I am so happy. This place is awesome. They have been so helpful A Place For Mom was working with them and they were the best. We could not go wrong. They even have a guest room you can rent. You need to check this gem stone out. The best home we looked at. The people are by far hands downs the greatest people ever. They made moving day so much easier. Thank you and God Bless.

We have been so pleased with the Villas at Canterfield. The staff is exceptional. They are friendly, helpful and make you feel at home. The food is excellent. Everything is fresh and delicious. The Villas and apartments have high end finishes (granite, hardwood, stainless steel appliances etc). They offer a lot of activities and add or change activities per the residents needs. We are so happy to be at the Viilas at Canterfield!

The staff were attentive during our tour!

This is a newer community. There are not a lot of trees on the grounds. The room they showed us during the tour was nice. The management we met were competent, friendly and professional.

Very impressive; however, can't turn around in very small shower stalls! Also, toilets are standard "low" variety rather than the higher "senior" toilets found with some competitors. These are "deal-breakers" for us. Otherwise, we really liked this one.

Review of The Villas at Canterfield - Cumming, GA

Extremely spacious rooms with built in dressers. I will schedule another appointment to see scale of activities for mc residents. Also to see indecisiveness of mc with other residents.

Super nice

Super nice but 1000 dollars more than other facilities near by, worth a little more but price is not for those on limited income...don’t know anything about the actual Care provided.

Great place if you want an over medicated parent

On paper, the Villas looked like a great option for my Mom. We were set to move her in when they decided that she needed to be admitted to a geriatric psych ward for evaluation because Mom had some problems with wandering due complications from a uriniary tract infection. The nurse labeled Mom as agitated and combative when she was expressing her irritation at getting the same questions repeatedly.

The doctor they referred us to admitted Mom to the local hospital. Instead of putting her on medication for dementia, Mom was put on the incorrect dosage of a sedative and went from being her lively, opinionated self to falling asleep sitting up.

In my opinion, the Villas only wants Stepford Seniors.

I like them.

I like them. The people are extremely friendly. She hasn't complained about the food at all. I would go live there myself. We really liked how centrally located for all of us to get to, even if the area costs a little more to live in.

I would give them five out of five.

So far this has been going fine. I would give them five out of five. There have been no complaints so far. No complaints about food, or staff or anything really. We are happy with it.

I am happy with the Villas at Canterfield

I am happy with the Villas at Canterfield, but she isn't happy there. She tells me things like It's too small and it's tiny, and the other residents are old. Really I just think she wants to be home. I haven't had any complaints about how friendly they are, or the food, or how clean it is. I think they are doing a fine job.

only needed one week and had to pay for two

At The Villa at Canterfield one thing that bothered me is I only needed one week and had to pay for two. That really bothered me. The facility called to let me know how much I owe and didn't ask for any feedback or anything like that. My husband was the one that stayed there. He said the stay was okay. There were some staff members he liked and some he didn't.

Everybody is Nice

Everyone has been nice to my loved one. She seems to be adjusting in this environment. Everyone tries to address her by her name who works there and generally it is a clean and safe environment. I do not have any real negatives.

memory unit

At first the staff was great, very attentive but after a year and several personal changes I don't see the same level of care. My dad is in memory unit and room mostly bathroom is not kept clean. They do have some of the best prices but wish the level of care could be better.

very nice

The Villas at Canterfield is like a four star resort. When you enter the lobby, it looks very nice, and the staff there is all very cheerful and helpful, very eager to answer questions and offer solutions. My relative is very happy there and I would highly recommend them.

My Tour was great

My tour was great but all rooms were on the second floor or higher so that is why we didn't place my loved one here. The Villas at Canterfield had a really nice and friendly staff.

Very Helpful

Everyone very helpful and always willing to offer assistance. I would recommend it. I give this place 5 stars. Very clean and Friendly. Great value, Care Services, and They offer activities.

Highly recommend especially after looking at all alternatives

We had to move my Dad from Florida to assisted living here in Georgia at very short notice as he went from living on his own to having severe physical issues and wheelchair bound in a matter of weeks. It was all new to us and went through "A Place for Mom" and Donna Sharpe was fantastic...she walked me through a lot of info, spent lots of time on the phone with my wife and myself and set my wife up with a bunch of tours while I tended to my Dad. My wife narrowed it to 3 places (touring close to a dozen) and when I got back, I toured them and found the Villas at Canterfield to be a clear winner.

First, Lisa Swafford at the Villas was very friendly and helpful and gave us a great tour of the facilities. I put together a spreadsheet of questions for each place and she took her time and answered every one. The cost with current discount was better than most other places. The big factor is what is included. Laundry is included which was $55/month at other places. DirecTV Premier is $20 ($10 additional for DVR) at the Villas where basic cable was $45 in other places with no DVR. Phone is $20 at Villas and $55 at other places. Small Fridge, Microwave and a chest of Drawers with storage cabinet is included where others did not provide these. And most important, the medication service is included if on a higher level of care (and $150 if not on any higher level of care) where other places were $265/month in addition to the higher level of care costs. When looking for assisted living, make sure you ask all the questions....many places seem cheaper but the hidden costs drive it up. I know exactly what the cost is each month and we don't get surprised by extra costs.

Once we arrived with my Dad, there was a group of people waiting there with a sign introducing their newest resident (my Dad) and a big welcome! They made him feel at home right away. He went through some rough emotions and home sickness the first week since it was so sudden and everyone worked with him to cheer him up and engage him in things.

Carrie in Activities took extra time to introduce herself and talk to him about his past news photography career and give him some opportunities to use his photo skills there for their monthly newsletter and share his stories and experience with other residents.

Staff stop in every two hours and ensure he is ok, and ask if he needs anything. They go out of their way to do what they can to make him comfortable and happy. He is in Physical Therapy on site and they have encouraged him to do many things on his own and motivate him to get better. When he had a rough day and was in a lot of pain, they cut the PT short and gave him a massage to help relieve some of his pain.

When myself or my family stop in, we get greeted by name, they tell us how my Dad is that day, they always talk to my Dad when we take him out and are extremely friendly and helpful.

This has been a very emotional and stressful time for all of us and the Villas at Canterfield and the staff there have made it much less stressful and gave Dad a place he can call home.

We are very, very happy with them.

We are very, very happy with them. It's very clean, and the staff is nice. We don't really have any complaints about anything. They are trying to be really accommodating. I would rate them very highly. We are really pleased with them.

Loved Lisa!, (great background in the business and very knowledgeable.) Property was maintained very well and residents were out and about. Good plan for activities, clean and welcoming,nice rooms. Overall a serious consideration for my Mom.

Upon enetering The Villas you get the feeling that you are in a swanky hotel. The foyer area is bright, wide open with a fireplace glowing in the front sitting room. The dining room is off one of the many porches which is nice in that it offers a pleasant view while eating. The rooms seem spacious and bright, and would more than suit the needs of my mom. Lisa informed us that a volunteer resident would be assigned to mom during her adjustment phase which seems like a great idea. Overall, I was quite pleased with The Villas.

best value for the money

I have two parents staying at The Villas at Canterfield, one in memory care, one in assisted living. Based on my overall experience with both of them I would say they are by far the best when compared to other places that we have checked out. The value for the money is wonderful. The place is spotlessly clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly.

The one area I can think of where they might could improve would be to have better communication, particularly in the memory care unit. I would like to be more proactively informed of things and kept in the loop on what all is going on at all times.

Review of The Villas at Canterfield Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cumming, GA

Beautiful new complex, very impressive. Outside grounds were beautiful, 10 miles from home. Staff was friendly. Seems a little younger for my parents. Apt. was ideal location, very clean, spacious. bad reviews online made my decision to decline moving them here.

I had an appointment schedu...

I had an appointment scheduled at 5pm on Tuesday July 1st. I arrived about 4:45pm. Amber at the reception desk was unaware of the appointment, but called back to Lisa Swafford. Apparently, Lisa had 'needed to leave' and Amber was not sure when she would be back. She gave me a packet of information and took my contact numbers for Lisa to call me first thing today. I have not heard from Lisa or anyone from the Villas at this point. It is 1:15pm. It is an attractive environment. The menu looked limited to me, unless there is a larger 'always available' menu. Lots of construction going on as well. Will look over the brochure tonight. I am giving 2 stars because I have no idea what the community offers as I did not tour it.

I think they are doing fairly well.

I think they are doing fairly well. They are clean and the staff is friendly. I can't think of anything really that needs to be improved or done better. Overall the reason we picked them because it was the best fit for our situation. We liked the number of residents, and having people to socialize with.

Great place!

This place is very clean, the people are very nice, and they provide wonderful care. My only complaint would have been a lack of variety in the activities, but the activities director has really been working on that and things have already improved! And the food looks great! They serve one main meal, and then a few smaller meals and snacks throughout the day.

Satisfied Son!

We were in the unfortunate position of having to find a new place for my Mom but wanted a place that could also accommodate my Dad as well. He insisted that he move with Mom. We called "A Place For Mom" and within hours they had a couple of places for us to look at. The Villas At Canterfield is an outstanding facility. The staff, from administrators to care givers are fantastic. They actually had a room that was much better for them than their previous facility which we really hated to have to leave. Overall, a very troubling situation was made so much easier thanks to "A Place For Mom" and The Villas At Canterfield!

Villas at Canterfield

My husband spent four months at the Villas before he passed away. Before that he was in another facility that we knew after two weeks we had to find another place.

I am so thankful for someone telling me about the Villas. As soon he moved in I knew that they would take good care of him. The caregivers there were so warm and thoughtful. They were always there to take care of his every need. When he did not get up to go eat they were there seeing that he received some nourishment.

After he was put in the hospital the rehab we were told by the social worker at the rehab he needed to go to a Nursing Home. I went back to the Villas and spoke with the Director, Dusty Gunn, he told me not too worry he could come back there and they would take care of him.

He returned on a Sunday afternoon and died the next day, but in that 24 hour period they were in his room checking on him every hour even though Hospice was there and just comforting my husband.

I felt so good knowing that my husband had so many people. Around him at the end telling him how very much they enjoyed getting to know him and that he was very special to them.

Thank you everyone at the Villas for taking such good care of my husband.

I recommend the Villas Of Canterfield very highly.

You Can Have It All...

While still very new to this community, the beginning has been truly wonderful. I cannot find words to express our gratitude to the staff and Executive Director for their thoughtfulness and genuine caring displayed during the transition to this beautiful facility.
The culture found within the staff speaks volumes in such an organization. Our hats are off to all including the visionary who planted this special place in the "dirt" of this great county.
We are all blessed by their presence while we are particularly blessed with a place for our mom.