Great staff & great facility!

Great facility run by a great staff!

Great Staff

Staff is GREAT!,, Caring, professional, thorough, provide follow-up, all with a smile! Can't ask for any better. These folks could give lessons on how it's to be done, but they probably don't even realize they're doing it. Love it. Thanks

We really liked it.

We toured here when we were looking. We really liked it. It was elegant and professional. This was one of our top choices.

Friendly staff and happy residents!

Overall I think they do a good job at Gracemont Assisted Living. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they work hard looking after the residents. They do, however, seem a bit understaffed at times. All of the residents I have met seem happy and content. I have had a few issues with their billing service, more than once I have received invoices with incorrect amounts on them.

Very Pleased

This facility rates high with others in the area. We are very happy with the staff, food, cleanliness, room, and activities. The staff goes beyond in helping the residents and family. We are very happy to be at Gracemont.

Happy Resident

My Dad has been living at Gracemont Assisted Living in Cumming Georgia for approximately 3 months now and we have been very pleased with the facility. I like that we were able to furnish and decorate my Dad's room with his belongings from home, I believe it made the transition much easier. I visit my Dad 2 - 3 days a week and it is obvious that the employees truly care about the resident's.

Gracemont is a place to see

From the moment we stepped foot onto the grounds of Gracemont, we knew this was a special place. I can't begin to tell you how beautful the facility is, you would need to see it for yourself. From the peacful tranquility of the beautiful lake, to the friendly staff, I was impressed every step of the way. Jessi gave us the tour, and she has the entire package...she's friendly, prepared, extrememly knowledgeable, and professional, but most of all, I knew she truly cared about the future of my mom. Jessi has a calling for working in an elder care setting, and she put my mind at ease. Gracemont is a facility you must see...your loved one can age in place and will put your mind at ease.

Overall initial review

Given a tour of facility. Answered our questions and concerns. We felt comfortable with the staff. The facility was clean and residents happy.

Great place!

My loved one has been here a little over a month, and he is like a new person! The staff have been able to provide the assistance he needs to have the freedom to move around, shower, get to and from common areas, etc whenever he likes, and it has really given him a lot of his confidence back! He liked it from the moment he first saw it, and was very excited to get moved in! The facility itself is well kept and clean, the staff are all very nice, and he loved the food. We also like that their pricing structure is all inclusive, and they are very fairly priced compared to other facilities we have used. We really couldn't be happier with this place!

Power wheelchair friendly for independent adults.

We just moved my father-in-law in two weeks ago. I went for a visit and he was happy. He has cerebral palsy. He was in another assisted living, but they were not equipped to handle his handicap. Here is has a roll in shower, rails all around the bathroom and plenty of room for his large power wheelchair. He has a one bedroom and even the closet he can get his wheelchair in and there is still room for storage. The staff have been excellent and have allowed him time to do things on his own, which is very important to him. They show a lot of concern and have good ideas. All the other residents we have met and spoken to have been happy and very pleased. The residents are very good salespeople for this assisted living. It is the first and only place I have found for a very reasonable price that had what my father-in-law was looking for. Could not be more pleased.

Excellent Care

My grandmother is in care at this facility currently and I just completed visiting her daily for the past week, including the weekends. The quality of care being provided exceeded my expectations by far and deserves to be recognized.

During this time period, I had the pleasure of being able to interact with a cluster of staff at varying levels and performing very different functions. I continued to be impressed with all the staff members I was able to interact with at all levels.

I found the nursing staff to be courteous, attentive, and compassionate in terms of the various services they are providing daily to your client population. They have quite a stressful challenge and appear to deal w/ it successfully w/ patience, commitment, and compassion. Not only are the nursing staff responsible for the minute to minute medical care that the clients require , they also have to assist w/ meal activities in a very active manner.

In closing, needless to say, I was beyond impressed w/ the quality of care being delivered at this facility; I found the surroundings, the staff, and the quality of care to be exceptional. You all should feel very proud of what you are doing to nurture our elder community.

I visited a loved one over the Memori...

I visited a loved one over the Memorial Day weekend, and I could not believe how much this place has changed since the new owners came in. The place was dirty, trash was over flowing in the room, food from the day before was left in the room, and the smell was sickening. My loved one had not showered in days. It broke my heart to see this happening. We have since moved my loved one out of there. Please do not put your loved one through this.

Please look for another facility

My father in law resided at Gracemont for the last three years. My mother in law died at this facility last year. My wife was always fighting for good care. I recently visited my father in law. I had to fix the wheelchair in his room. Within about ten minutes I was so sick to my stomach by the smell of urine. I went into the bathroom and it was even worse in there. The floor in his bathroom had not been cleaned in so long. I just couldn't believe how bad it was. My mother in law suffered so much more than should of her last ten days of her life because of all of Gracemonts errors. It would take almost an hour to get her medicine. Really hard to watch. Please look for another facility

Tired of fighting for good care

My step father had to be moved out of Gracemont today because of lack of good care. So many days he would still have his dinner from the night before on his table at 11:00 am the next day. By this time the food is really stinking. He is still laying in bed and had not even gotten up. His bathroom stinks so bad because it never gets cleaned. The hospice nurse saw these conditions this week and couldn't believe it. We are just so tired of fighting for good care.

Do Not Put Your loved one Here

My mother resided at Gracemont from Aug of 2012 until January of 2014. In November of 2013, my mom began having very frequent falls, staff was very inconsiderate when these incidents occurred. Her health began declining very rapidly as well. We decided to move her to another facility (The Oaks at Post Road). We moved her in January 2014 due to the lack of care, incorrect meds being given or meds not being given, dirty rooms, poor quality of food, as well as frequent staff turn over. My mother passed away in May of 2014, and I truly believe she would not have lived until May if we had left her at Gracemont. The Oaks at Post Road was an answer to our prayers, I just wish I had placed her there in the beginning. Please do not place your loved one at Gracemont.

ADDED JULY 2014 - To the Executive Director of Gracemont Assisted Living. I know you are a new director at Gracemont, because I saw 4 directors come and go between 8/12 - 1/14. Your response to my review is alarming, because you have not truly been there long enough to know what has and continues to go on in your facility. I have written documented dates, and times of incidents that happened within your facility, with documentation where I discussed these concerns with staff. As well as, written plans from the staff to resolve issues, unfortunately, these plans were never implemented and problems continued. Its a shame that such a nice looking facility on the outside is such a disgrace on the inside.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am concerned that you are distressed. We work hard to provide clinical excellence in an environment with all of the warmth and hospitality of home. We scrutinize ourselves daily as part of our efforts to achieve the high standards and personal touch that we expect of Gracemont. Likewise, we ask our residents and families for their invaluable input through a variety of venues. My door is always open so please contact me. The health, happiness and satisfaction of all of our residents and families, past and present, is very important to me and to our team.

Julie Ozley, ED
Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

Please please not this facility

Please don't put your loved one in this facility. My mother died in this facility. It was such a nightmare. Gracemont does not lack beauty but it lacks compassion, good care, and cleanliness. Our family prayers that no one else will go thru this. When the new owners took over everything changed. They need to hire more staff to take care of patients better. They have a lot of problems with distributing medicine. I don't think they have the right people distributing it. Please do not move your lived one in the facility. You don't want to live with the guilt that we do

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and want to extend my sincerest condolences upon the passing of your mother. We know that this is a difficult and sad time for all loved ones. Our entire team is dedicated to creating a superb lifestyle for our residents and peace of mind for families. We do follow physician’s orders for the administration of medications and we carefully document the times in each resident chart. In response to your comments, I have asked our Regional Director of Healthcare Services to do an additional review of charts verify the timeliness of medication administration. We have been very appreciative for the values, support and training that our company provides to help us be our best. I would like to spend some time with you to hear your concerns and to help reassure you that we are attentive to that wants and needs of each resident- please reach out to me.

Julie Ozley, ED
Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

Don't be fooled

Please do not put your loved one in this facility. They are so under staffed and the competent staff they had has left. We waited for over a hour for someone to come and help my mother, and no one could be found. Her medication was found on the floor, the rooms are not kept clean and the food is terrible. Since the new owners came in, everything went downhill fast. There is not always someone answering the phone, so it rings and rings. The even cut the number of outings they do for their residents, probably to save money. It also smells of urine when you walk in the front door. Will be moving my father out of there. Beautiful on the outside, but don't be fooled.

The place is a Nightmare

This place is a nightmare. It's beautiful on the outside but behind those doors is another story. My mother died at this facility last year. She suffered more than she needed to because of the errors and lack of descent personnel. It was a nightmare to see her suffer so much. They have lost so many staff and residents over the last six months. So many staff left because the new owners didn't seem to care about the residents. Even after my mom they still didn't get there [removed] together. My step father is been getting some terrible care so he is moving out real soon. I just pray that another family will not have to go thru what we did. Please please keep an eye on your family if there are there.

My Dad's New Home

My dad made the decision to move into an assisted living community. A Place for Mom assisted my sister, dad and myself in our search for the right home for dad. I started the search initially on my own and soon became very stressed. A Place for Mom did the research and recommended senior centers that were within our guidelines. We narrowed our search down to two senior centers but our final choice was Gracemont Assisted Living. I have never seen a senior living center that felt like home - Gracemont does. The staff are very compassionate and take an interest in every resident. The food is excellent and healthy. One of the more important things I like is the flexibility offered. Sometimes I take my dad home with me for an overnight stay. We can have meals together in the cafeteria. The center is clean and organized. There are calendars, schedules, etc to help the residents know about activities. They go on trips together. Gracemont feels like you're walking into your home.

My mother recently left this facility...

My mother recently left this facility and we did not have a good experience. There is not enough staff for the amount of residents that are there. The food is not that great and the place is filthy. The carpets are stained and i have seen bugs in the dinning room before. The staff always seemed to be changing as well. They tell you a lot of things to get you in the door and get your money, but they don't deliver. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Great place!

I'd give them 5s across the board, they really do a great job here! It's clean, everyone is friendly, and the services and activities are great. The one place that I could say they could improve would be the meal service. The food is fine, but the service itself can be very slow.

Great looking place!

This is one of the communities I toured when I was looking into care options for my loved one. I looked at quite a few options in the area and I was very impressed with all of them. It looked like they had quality care and a nice variety of activities. It's a nice clean facility, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. This didn't end up being the place that I selected but I was still impressed by what I saw here.

Gracemont was very nice. T...

Gracemont was very nice. The setting is beautiful.

Don't put your loved one here

During the time my loved one was at this facility, the quality of life went quickly downhill. Medications were given incorrectly or not given at all due to the facility not getting the meds refilled and even filled in a timely manner. Staff to resident ratio is terrible. When you need help, no one is ever around.. Staff does not communicate with one another in order to know what is going on with the residents. Staff is very reactive and not proactive at all. Constant excuses for problems instead of trying to resolve the problem. Rooms are not keep clean, due to lack of staff. Overall experience with this facility is Nice Dog and Pony Show, but not at all what it seems upfront. Price is one of the most reasonable in the area, I guess you get what you pay for.

Menu could use improving

There's some things that I'l like to see a little more of. Sometimes I've found her alone in a room and it would be nice if they had her towards the community area so she could interact with the other ladies as best she can. They're working on it and I understand that they're not a unrsing home so they don't provide the 24 hour care.
The activities are fine, she really likes them, especially the music. The menu could use improvement, she's not happy with it but she's always been a fussy eater anyways. It's a two way street: 1. Yes, they do need to improve the menu and I've heard it from other people tto and 2. she is a picky eater.
We liked it because it was new, we kind of liked the whole set up and we found out through our research that it was one of the first places in the state of Georgia to have the full memory care license.

Good Community

Gracemont was a very good community. The staff was great they were very friendly and helpful. They were really nice and everything just seemed to be really good at this community. The only thing I worry about is at these communities it seems like everything is good when you tour them but won’t really know how they are until you have someone living there.

Memory Care Unit

The memory care unit here was not a good experience for us. Our loved one was there for 7 month and fell 9 times. It seems like the there is just not enough staff to take care of the amount of residents. The staff is super kind and the community was really clean. The food was well prepared as well. The problem was with the care services, they just did not have the amount of staff they need to run it properly.

Everyone speaks highly of this place....

Everyone speaks highly of this place. Just drawn to it. Assisted living and nursing home. 2800 mo plus add ons. 1800 with room mate

all-inclusive for petite suite to inc...

all-inclusive for petite suite to include Medication Mgmt. Plenty of enclosed couryards, bright and airy, carpeted throughout, handrails everywhere. Memory Care available if needed - a contained area. visited this one. Beautiful views out every window. Very upscale in terms of decor and well-conceived floor plan.

New, great area around center, good i...

New, great area around center, good interaction with those in charge. Top choice for us based on size and what is included in care.

i love this place! I'm trying to figu...

i love this place! I'm trying to figure out how we can afford it. Especially as he gets older and stops working.

We went & visited. It is a very nice...

We went & visited. It is a very nice place, but I would like something just a little closer. We will keep this one in mind though.