Benton House of Sugar Hill - Sugar Hill, GA

It looked nice, however, no one showed up for our appointment, which did not leave a good first impression.

Benton House

Thank you so much for your review! Please know we always want to be available to answers your questions! We are happy to hear you think our community looks nice and so sorry if our team missed you! We hope you will be our guest soon for lunch or for one of our monthly events. Thank you for your time! - Benton House of Sugar Hill

Great atmosphere and friends personnel. Beautiful setting. Studio apartment was spacious and well appointed.

Benton House

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and support, it means a lot to us!

Nice and Clean Community

I've taken my loved one to Benton House on occasion for respite care, and overall, I feel it is a very good community. I will say that it seems the prices have gone up, and it was more expensive the last time he stayed. However, the place is nice and clean, the staff is helpful, and he ate well when he was there. He actually gained weight during his stay! They seem to have a lot of activities like games and exercises, and I like that the community is close to our home.

The best one we looked at

The staff were nice, patient and understanding during my loved ones respite stay. The food looked good and they do offer daily activities. They keep the community clean. There is more of a community feeling than at the other communities we looked at. I would recommend this community for a respite stay.

Do not think we could possibly find a better fit for our parent or our family. Very nice and ultra convenient. Super nice staff.

understaffed

This is a good place if you do not need a lot of assistance - if you have medical issues or if you are in mid or advance stage Alzheimer's stay away. The staff is not qualified - and this place is understaffed. Staff is not trained at all. Overpriced too.

Care for a loved one

We toured this community for the care of a family member. The staff were nice and caring and were able to answer my questions on the care that would have been often. I would recommend this community for good care. this was not in the area that we were looking for at the time. It is a good value for the care and the meals and activities.

A great place for great care

I like this nice community. I like the great staff that were caring. The food was outstanding. I really liked being activities with the activities with the other residents. I wold recommend this community to other families for the great care and the value that is offered here.

I would not recommend this community.

I did not feel the staff were qualified to care for someone with a medical condition. They did not seem to check on my loved one very often. They did not assist in helping to take care of his personal needs. He lost weight and they did not seem to keep him active while he was living here. One of the caregivers lied to me and said they just checked on him when I found him sick in his room. I could tell they had not been in for a while. We have moved him out of this community due to what I think was a lack of care.

Satisfied with My Mother Stay at this Community

My mother is no longer at this community, she has recently moved up state to be closer to this family. This is a nice community, and we were pleased with all they did for us. I knew she was safe, and being provided with good care. The staff was very nice. It was a pleasant experience, but she wanted to be closer to the family. It is a community I would recommend.

Care for a good friend.

My friend is at this community. I liked how the staff was able to answer questions for the care of a friend. They do have activities for those who wanted to participate. They kept very good attention to her. they made sure that she was taking the right medication. I know that she was getting great care with this community. It is very clean and taken care of. Families would be happy with the cost and the care for a love one.

It Was A Good Respite Stay

My wife only stayed here for a week for a respite stay. She seemed to like the atmosphere and everything went very well. The staff did fine and did their best. She seemed to like her meals, only had an issue with a soup. I thought the facility was clean for my wife. I would recommend this place to others.

Benton House at Sugar Hill.

Due to declining health my dad was only at Benton House of Sugar Hill, Ga for less than a month. However, in that time we found the staff and administration to be professional, caring, warm and friendly.

He frequently commented about the care he recieved. The food was tasty and nourishing. Dad was diabetic, the staff quickly adjusted his diet to allow for this.

They had many varied activities, his lack of mobility kept him from participating in most of these. However, he enjoyed church on Sunday.

Beacon Neighborhood

My dad has been a resident in the Memory Care unit of Benton House of Sugar Hill for about a month now. My siblings and I researched many facilities before selecting Benton House, and are extremely impressed with the beautiful facility... but the staff is what we really fell in love with! They have all been awesome!

Bad place for your love ones as well as for the Employees

Benton house of sugar hill in Georgia is really a bad place to send your love one. The management is bad. They don't consider the work their RAs are doing. They keep on hiring and the workers don't stay.They discriminate and and they use favoritism. The resident in Assisted Living do not really like the executive director.

Started of well until major staff changes hit

My mother spent almost 4 years at Benton House of Sugar Hill. We were quite pleased with the staff and how mom was treated with dignity and respect. After one year on assisted living side, it became necessary to move her to memory care. However, everything changed the summer of 2015. There was a complete turnover of the nursing staff and director of memory care. The nurses had been very loving and tender and expressed concern as issues arose. But once new nursing staff was hired, everything was different. When asked how mom was doing, I rarely got any meaningful information. The new nurses and head of memory care were cold and professional. My mom suffered a stroke. After she died, I came back to retrieve her things. The nurse told me that all the assistants were quite shaken and upset about what happened to "Miss Ann". The nurse then told me that has she has "now been doing this for over a year" that she no longer got upset with residents became ill or died. What a horrible thing to say to someone who had just lost their parent. While the new staff may be able to execute their duties with professionalism and efficiency, there is not a sincere sense of caring or empathy in any of them.

Excellent choice for memory care!

I have used Benton House for daycare for my mother with dementia and loved it. They were so good with her, even gave her a manicure in the memory care unit!
If I could afford it I would have her there full time.
Jena is just an absolute blessing to deal with! Thank you!

They have been great so far.

They have been great so far. I think Mom has been really happy.

There could be a little more consistency with the therapy that is provided. They schedule and then don't show up. Part of this is because it's a contract company with the Benton House so it's not all their fault but there could be a little more done.

I am happy with them so far.

I am happy with them so far. It's still taking a while to get a consistent schedule with medications. Other than that it's great. The people are pretty nice, and are pretty good about communicating with me so far.

Benton House

Benton House would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and it’s wonderful to hear you are happy with our senior living community. Our team would like to learn more about what we are doing right and on the areas where we need to improve with the medication schedule. Please contact our corporate office at: [removed] so we learn more. Thank you again for your time!

Adult Day Program

Everyone at the Benton House of Sugar Hill has been so good with my mother. I can leave her for the day and know that she is happy and taken care of.

Very, Very satisfied. The ladies were so nice to us when we had to move our mother. It was a very emotional decision, but they put our mind at ease and they have made my mother feel very welcome. I can't say enough nice things about them.

I was Fooled!

For my Father.
I let my father go there for a trail basis 30 days. I thought maybe it might be good for pop. After 30 days of being there, he was transferred over to the hospital. He had lost 40 lbs. They didn't even contact us. We had gotten a call from a caseworker who notified us he was there. I had noticed he was loosing weight and told Steven, but he kept saying “no he's not”. My father has no teeth and I had asked for them to puree his food for him. He had secluded himself in his room and shut down. They would not try to get him up in the morning or lunch time to eat, only during the night. He was having maybe one meal day, and that was really only if he could eat his food since they didn't even bother making it easier for him to eat it.
I had paid a total of $5,600 for the 30 day trail and the month after that, and I had requested a refund. I would call Steven but he wouldn't answer the phone if he knew I was the one calling.
They gave him only one bath in those 30 days and I had to go there and do the battle. I also found out he had gotten into a altercation with Langhorn his roommate. I questioned Steven and Jena, but they both said “He hadn't been in any fights”. They Lied!. The hospital confirmed he was in a fight, also so did his caregivers.
I still feel I deserve some compensation. I was fooled. The place had looked clean and the food had looked great. The caregivers were really nice but NOT MANAGEMENT!.

Seems like a very nice place!

Unfortunately my loved one was only here for a very short period of time. Benton House was very easy to work with throughout the whole process. It is a nice looking place, the staff are very friendly, and I'm sure they would have taken great care of my loved one.

Great Decision

This was a serious decision for my family. We worried about our moms care and her social interactions. No more worrying here! She didn't want to leave her home, but she is making great adjustments. She doesn't always go, but there are weekly outings and scheduled activities, this helps to keep her in a regular routine, which she did not have before. I have eaten meals here and they are good and nutritious.

Mom happier than ever

Excellent facility for your loved ones. My mom is now thriving due to the socialization, various activities, and great care she is receiving. Wish I would have moved her here first. Night and day from where she lived before. She is happier than she's ever been.

Friendly and caring staff!

We're pleased with how things have gone at Benton House of Sugar Hill so far! Everyone has been very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They take great care of their residents here! One thing I think they could work on is having more activities, in the afternoon specifically. My loved one doesn't generally get out and about until the afternoon, and there doesn't seem to be much going on by that point.

Nice place, overall

Benton House did a good job overall taking care of our loved one. It was a nice looking facility, and the care staff were all very kind and professional. We did have a few issues, however. When our loved one first arrived the response times for the emergency pendants was unacceptably slow, although they did improve once we brought the issue up. The food was also an issue, there was a lot of room for improvement there.

Benton House has been truly...

Benton House has been truly life saving for my Dad. This last 3 weeks has absolutely turned his life around physically and emotionally.. WOW! Greatly appreciate their step-down program and how much they have prepared Dad for now the possibility of going home. Great place and amazing staff!!!

They won't allow sister due...

They won't allow sister due to age. Jenna was VERY helpful and so willing to listen and help. 4/16 LM for her to call me back for mom only pricing.

Excellent staff with great care!

We placed Dad into the Step-Down program at Benton House, and it has been really a great place. He is getting excellent and friendly care, along with compassion of the staff. He has only been there just over one week now, but has made good progress in mobility, able to walk more now with his walker, and use the wheelchair less for short distances.

The office staff and nurses as well are very friendly and helpful. My Dad has been able to re-gain his dignity in an attempt to get more self-sufficient and more strength.

Thanks so much for such excellent care!

Great looking community

This is one of the communities I toured when I was looking into care options for my loved one. I looked at quite a few options in the area and I was very impressed with all of them. This didn't end up being the place that I selected but I was still impressed by what I saw here. It looked like they had quality care and a nice variety of activities. It's a nice clean facility, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Great care and communication

We were very pleased with the service here, they took great care of my loved one! They were great about communication, it was always easy to get in touch with them and they were always quick to contact us if any issues arose with our loved one. The staff were all very friendly, and the facility was always well kept and clean. We also thought they did a good job with the food. The only complaint I had was that the laundry service often had mix-ups with the residents clothes.

Lovely facility. Jenna & st...

Lovely facility. Jenna & staff were great with residents.

I was impressed with the si...

I was impressed with the site - in general, and like the staff I met. I had a very nice lunch with Jenna and felt comfortable with all that I saw during my 'visit'.

All on one level. Kitchenettes, walk...

All on one level. Kitchenettes, walk-in closets. Very nice common areas - baby grand piano.

Very nice. More affordable than other...

Very nice. More affordable than others. $3102.50 per month = $102 per day with level 1 assistance and meds ($85 for studio). Very convenient-just behind Publix on Suwanee Dam Road. Kitchen. $2,000 down.

Love, love, love. Love facility and ...

Love, love, love. Love facility and all folks we met, plus food was good (had two lunches). Probably will choose.

Staff was very enthusiastic and infor...

Staff was very enthusiastic and informative. The facility was very nice. The best part was that all the residents were active and engaged. The memory care side was the most active one I've been to yet. The only downside would be there's not an independent living residence.

Lovely Facility, great floorplans. I ...

Lovely Facility, great floorplans. I found a perfect room with a patio that is in an enclosed courtyard. The path through the courtyard leads to the dining room. Mom will love it. Cheaper than where she is now.

beautiful and less than two years old...

beautiful and less than two years old. separate memory care wing with nice courtyard for walking the little loop under direct supervision.

Welcome to Benton House of Sugar Hill! A beautiful community of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.

Benton House of Sugar Hill enjoys a full community life benefiting seniors who desire more interactions with others. Our social event calendar includes exercise options, concerts, trips, religious services, cooking classes and more for our residents’ preference! We have a variety of apartment styles and residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own. Also, Benton House offers a full array of services including enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. Benton House Communities value choice and dignity, providing a caring environment where friendships can flourish. When you’re here you’re home!