Lanier Place - Cumming, GA

Lanier Place - Cumming, GA has yet not published prices.

Beyond Expectation

Our experience with Lanier Place has been far beyond our expectations. We had been concerned that my mother-in-law would resist the change from our house to her new home. She adjusted amazingly well, quickly enjoying meals and social events with her new friends. The staff members were attentive and friendly, as well. Any question or concern has been met with a prompt response and satisfying results. I like that Lanier Place isn't too large and it isn't too small. It proved to be the right decision for us and we enjoy our visits, not only with my mother-in-law, but with other residents as well. Lanier Place has become like our extended family.

Not safe- lack of staff training- Resident escaped locked memory care.

My mother was a resident here for a short time in 2016. I reviewed several places in the local area. I liked the looks of the place and visited a few times at off hours before deciding. My Mom was moved into the Memory Care side. She has Alzheimer's. She was very active and distressed about being in a new place. She kept going to all the doors trying to leave. They placed an arm band on her to alarm them when she was close to doors.

She was always walking around and setting the alarms. About 10 days into her stay she held a door long enough that it opened. The alarms sounded and the staff disregarded the alarm. She was found in the middle of Treble Gap Road by a worker on break. The staff in the "locked" memory care side had no idea that she was missing.

We were notified after the fact that she got out but the details were not presented. After talking to several staff members I learned the truth. Some of the caregivers would "Play" ball with residents. It was supposed to be a gentle game bouncing a beach ball around. The staffers were seen beaming the beach balls at residents heads. Doors of vacant rooms were left unlocked with extra furniture which was a hazard. Residents were left unattended in the garden sitting in the sun getting sunburned. Pretty setting and nice space but horrible care. The space is too large for the staff to keep eyes on everyone. My mom was moved after less than two weeks. A memory care center is supposed to keep a loved one safe...not let them escape!

Lanier Place is known for being warm, inviting, and active. We are located in the center of Cumming, Georgia, south of the Sawnee Mountain Preserve and near many other parks and recreational areas. Our residents enjoy the local shopping and entertainment offered in Cummings, including the popular Country Fair & Festival held every fall.

Families and residents love our knowledgeable caring staff and the care we lavish on each individual. We focus on both physical and mental health:

•24 hour on site staff, including Registered Nurse
•Specialized care offered for Alzheimer’s and dementia
•Dietician designed menus
•Assistance with everyday tasks such as grooming, walking and eating
•Respite care and short term stay
•Medication management
•Emergency response system interfaced with staff pagers
•Urgent placement
•All public and private spaces are handicapped accessible
•Pet friendly
•On-site beauty and barber shop services
•Transportation to medical appointments

We treat our residents as our extended family. Staff, residents and visitors alike enjoy our warm homey atmosphere and everyone joins in the fun of decorating for the holidays, playing games in the lounge and activities in our courtyard.

Our beautiful outdoor courtyard is a popular place for soaking up the afternoon sun, bird watching and chatting with friends.

We also have many indoor activities including a pool table, Tai Chi classes, Yoga and games. We offer four weekly church services, performances by musical groups and excursions to town for shopping and dining.