The Memory Center Virginia Beach - Virginia Beach, VA

Review of The Memory Center - Virginia Beach, VA

I am very pleased with the care my wide receives on a daily basis. I highly recommend this facility to my friends/anyone.

Review of The Memory Center Virginia Beach, VA

Rated on 1-10 15 plus. This facility is amazing. My Mother has gone from (a previous assisted living place) to enjoying life.

Review of The Memory Center Virginia Beach, VA

TMC is a wonderful place for Senior care.

Review of The Memory Center Virginia Beach, VA

My Mother has been at TMC a little over a year. I continue to be impressed not only with the lovely surroundings, but more importantly the staff. Everyone makes it their goal that the residents needs are met and they are cared for with dignity and respect and a lot of humor! Prior to coming here, my Mother had 24/7 care. She has thrived here and is able to be as independent as possible. Everyone is welcoming and willing to sort out any issues that come up. We were blessed to find TMC and it has given us peace of mind that my Mother is in a safe and loving environment.

Impressive. Immediate WOW effect upon driving up to the building, the grounds are well maintained, the facility is a total lock down facility, everyone needs to be buzzed in. Upon entering the Center, you immediately feel at home, from the movie theater, to the ice cream stand, to the light house - and residents chatting as they rocked in the rocking chairs. The staff is superb, and the residents knew everyone’s name. The rooms are a good size, the cafeteria was so clean you could eat off the counters, everyone was pleasant, and professional. Hands down this is where my mother would reside, but sadly there was no room. If we did not have a time commitment, we would wait until there was availability.

I would recommend The Memory Center!!!

The entire staff is very professional and nice. The food is good. They keep the community clean and well maintained. They offer a lot of activities for the residents that like to participate.

Gardening, dancing, and walking

Within a few days of my mother moving into The Memory Center, most of the staff knew her name. Whenever I walk in I hear about my mother gardening, dancing, or walking with others at the center. She has adjusted to the facility very quickly. I highly recommend The Memory Center.

Great place! Phenomenal staff!

They do an absolutely wonderful job here! All of the staff, no matter which section of the community they work in, seem to know each and every resident by name. Everyone is always willing to jump in and help with any task, so nothing gets left undone for long here! The administrative staff are also all very nice, organized, and they've been a huge help throughout the whole process! The doctor they have on call here is also phenomenal! After my loved one moved in he helped to get her meds adjusted and she seems much better off now! We are very pleased, I highly recommend this place!

All is good!

The employees are very caring and compassionate . My mom has adjusted well. There are many activities available . All residents are included. Stimulation and socialization are the key and The Memory Center does an excellent job. The food is very good. My mom comments on how delicious it is frequently. As for cleanliness , second to none . Again my mom says how beautiful the " apartments" are.
I would highly recommend a visit if you have a loved one with memory issues.

They are a remarkable place.

They are a remarkable place. They were so nice, we were all set to move in. We were waiting for availability. Unfortunately our loved one declined quite a bit before we could get there. They felt so bad they didn't even want to call me and tell me it wasn't going to work. It was just a special place.

Good care, friendly staff

Overall they do a very good job here. The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. I like that there is never any drama between the staff and residents, everything is handled calmly. They do seem a bit understaffed, sometimes residents are left unsupervised when they shouldn't be. The activities could also use a bit of livening up, they've always seemed a bit routine.

visit - very nice facility, 52 resid...

visit - very nice facility, 52 residents, waiting list.

The Memory Center, Virginia Beach is the region’s premier facility specializing in the care of patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia. We believe the challenging conditions of an aging brain should be met with a caring, interactive community designed around the individual. The latest in science, nutrition and interactive therapies proven to extend life are part of our philosophy. Our safe and secure daily structured activities provide meaningful purpose to those with Alzheimer’s and dementia while simultaneously supporting their families and loves ones.