The Crossings at Independence (Construction) - Virginia Beach, VA

I was impressed with The Crossings and it would be at the top of my choices. My father needs 24 hour care, rehab and is being treated for a foot wound. The healing of his foot wound would have to further along than it is now before he could be accepted at The Crossings. Otherwise, I was impressed with their operation.

Very nice, new and clean..the administrator gave a good, detailed tour with valuable information and was able to answer all of our questions adequately. They have no openings at this time and have a waiting list with three on it already. We’d definitely consider The Crossings if they had a vacancy.

A New Community But The Meals Could Be Better

My mom picked this community because she like it better. It is newer and they offer indoor parking which will be easier for her when it gets cold. We like the administrator, she is really nice. When we thought the hurricane was coming, she covered everything with the residents and this made my mom and I feel much better about the situation.
The housekeeping does a good job and at first she wasn't comfortable with them cleaning her apartment but she has accepted the help now. Everything else has been great.
The only complaint is about the food. My mom says the meals does not taste like it should and there is not a good taste. She recently had a turkey meals with gravy and it did not have enough gravy. She had to ask for a side of gravy.

Attentive Staff!!

I have no complaint of how things are going for my mother since she has recently made the move into this community. The staff are always so helpful and attentive to her needs. She has a healthy appetite and the staff make sure to keep her busy with different activities throughout her day. She seems to be very happy and I am impressed with how well she has adjusted. I would recommend it to anyone that was interested.

They re doing well!

Things are going as well as to be expected since my parents moved into The Crossings. I speak with my mother a couple of times a week and it sound like they are adjusting. The staff has been very good to them. There have been a couple of surprises, but nothing too overwhelming from what I have heard.

Wonderful Community for My Mother, She Likes It

My mother has finally gotten adjusted to her move to this community, and she is doing very well. This is a great facility, and I'am comfortable with her move here. This is the most active I have seen her in years, they have plenty of activities available for the residents. Some of her church friends came to visit her, and they were very impressed with their tour of the facility. The meals are wonderful. She seems happy, and finally getting use too the routine around the community. This community would get my recommendation.

Parents are Doing Well at this Community

My parents are being cared for well at this community. I'am comfortable with their move to this community, it is a nice facility. My father is in the memory care unit, and I know they are taking good of him, and his needs. My mother is in the assisted living portion of the community, and she is doing well. I would like a little more encouragement from the staff for her to be active. They do have a nice, responsive staff at this community. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Good folks!

Everything went fine here and we enjoyed the tour. The community was very nice and the staff that took us around was very helpful and knowledgeable with the information. We had just thought that there was another community that may meet my parents needs.

Good Experience

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. This is a nice community. From what I saw everything looked nice and neat. The staff was friendly and welcoming. My tour went well, and it was a good experience.

We visited The Crossing on Wednesday, 12/07/16, and met with Becky. The place was new. It had great amenities, especially the theater and pub. We were looking for two bedrooms and the living room was a little small but they had washers and dryers in the room which was nice. The one bedroom apartments were very nice. We liked the month to month costs arrangement with no large upfront entrance fees.
They have independent and assisted levels but We have on our short list

Okay place!

It was a nice place and we enjoyed the tour. I did not like
the rooms and how small they were. They also did not have any carpet which was a problem. The staff was nice and I did like the residents that were there.

The facility is new, bright and inviting. The facility offers all options of living from independent to memory care. I heard laughter from residents in the activity area when I walked through the door. The staff was friendly and greeted me as I walked through the facility. The dining room was set beautifully. I watched the staff engaging with the residents in the memory unit.

Lovely Community With Amazing Desserts

I'am really enjoying my time here at this facility. It is really a wonderful community with kind people. I feel like the staff genuinely care about me and my well being. The residents have been very welcoming, some of them are really funny. All the other places I looked at the rooms were very small. Here at this community I have a nice big room with lots of space. There are really nice activities offered. I'am very pleased with the meals, the food is good and the desserts are amazing. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Independent living rooms have much more room, Assisted living is very limited on space for a couple. Clean, staff seems to be nice. Views are of the street all around! Memory care has alarms that keep going even after the nurse puts in code and this hurt your ears, they need to put a time limit for a few seconds after code is entered, not leave going for several minutes!

The Crossings at Independence is designed to put you in control of your future, knowing that the finest care is available to you – all on one private campus. The continuum of care at Independence includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Harmony Square, the Memory Care Neighborhood of our community.
The Crossings at Independence is a convenient, comfortable and active community of understated elegance. It is a place where you choose the lifestyle you prefer, while you and your family have the peace of mind that comes from planning for the future.
At The Crossings at Independence, many of life’s chores are taken care of, giving you back time and energy to pursue your interests and enjoy your independence.