Chesapeake Place - Chesapeake, VA

At a this time very pleased. My sister seems happy with the facility. The only conflict is that I was under the impression that transportation to doctors appointments would be done by the facility. ( with notification in advance and with in a close range.). At this time I am not sure they have a transportation person.

Again, at this time pleased.

I Looked As An Option

I made an appointment for a tour. I got to see the community and nothing was wrong with it. I thought it would have been fine for us.

Outstanding care and comfort

I like the way that this community is caring and the staff are very nice. The meals are outstanding. The activiites are great and she does alot of them to help keep her active. I do recommend this wonderful and clean community for families to consider for great care and value.

Good Tour of This Facility

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it went well. Everyone was friendly, and kind to my family, and myself. It was a nice experience. The staff was kind, and answered all my questions. The community looked nice. Everything was nice, and clean. I did not have any problems during my tour of this community, all went well.

It's going okay!

We do like this place and they have been doing the right thing. The aides are good. The community is clean and so is my parents room. Mom likes to go to jazzy nails and the hair salon. The only thing is that they keep getting my parents medication messed up and not making sure that everything is proper.

Perfect Place for Mom

Memory Care at Chesapeake Place feels like a home not a facility. It's a little worn (soon to be updated) but the design and decor are very attractive and there are several comfortable areas for residents to gather or seek a quiet space. There are inner courtyards for fresh air and exercise, as well as providing safety for the residents. The director, [Removed], is impressive. While giving us a tour, he handled several issues with residents so calmly and kindly. He knew everyone by name too. Throughout the stressful process of moving my mother into CP, he was helpful and reassuring. All of the staff are knowledgeable, friendly and caring. My mother has made the transition so smoothly I can hardly believe it. She requires assistance getting in and out of bed, dressing, bathing and toileting. She is also a fall risk. I live close by and visit her frequently. Mom is always happy, clean and well dressed. Her room is clean and neat. She likes the staff and says they take good care of her. She also enjoys the food! My 4 siblings and I agree that we couldn't have found a more perfect place for our mom!

No return phone calls

The Executive Director and nursing director do NOT return calls. Took 2 weeks for the staff Dr. to call in prescription to pharmacy.

Kind Community, My Tour Was Nice

I had a pretty good tour of this community. The staff was kind and friendly. Everyone was very nice to my family and myself. The experience went well. The community looked nice. Unfortunately this wasn't the community for my mother and her needs, but my tour went well.

No action!

I thought that this place was okay. I did not like that the residents were just sitting watching a movie and that there was no interaction with the staff. Actually I saw very little staff around at all. I wanted somewhere for mom to be able to be active. This was not the community.

Just like home!

I would have to say that I am very, very satisfied with the people that work here. They are really loving and cares for my loved one. I like how they have a small community so that my loved one feels like it is home. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks like they are changing a lot of the staff. I would also like to see them offer more activities that are active to get the residents up and moving.

Aweful place to go!

The staff here I would have to say are not very attentive to the residents and there needs. My loved one has fallen twice since entering into this community. That is due to lack of staff. When I tried to get a hold of the nurses about the falls I found out that neither fall was ever documented and that they did not have much to say. I did try and talk to the director [Removed] and he never got back to me. I am nervous due to him always calling me before my loved one got into the place.

Great Place

My mom is here so of course I don't have anything bad to say. It's a clean place, the people are friendly. They have lost a few people due to retirement but, overall, this is a great place.,

It's great! I couldn't have asked for anything better.

It's great! I couldn't have asked for anything better. He loves the food and he likes the attitude of the people there. We don't have any complaints at all. I would definitely give them a five. They were our first choice, and I am glad a spot opened in time for us to move here.

Good location, very homey atmosphere, rooms werent too bad, activities good, outings, not sure if there is enough qualified staff on duty.

Visited on Sat 2/21. Clean and tidy. Water pipe burst so maintainance staff working to restore water, dry carpets, etc. Talked to resident who was happy there. She said lunch was great! Anne was very nice and helpful. She showed us many rooms and gave us a great tour. Answered all questions.

It was clean and the staff was friendly.

We toured this community when we were looking around. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They seemed to have pretty good activities going on. I don't really know about the value or the care, as we don't have much experience with them.

They did a great job.

The food was great, and the people were friendly. It was a nice place and everything was kept clean. It wasn't the best fit for my loved one. They did a great job though, they were very attentive.

They were clean and friendly, but this just wasn't the right fit for our loved one. I felt like there wasn't enough staff for our loved one's needs. I think if they had done their own assessment they would have known this wasn't going to work. They are for more independent people. They had some really nice entertainment, and really nice caregivers. They would have a couple come in and sing songs. This was a unique situation, but they kept her mostly drugged on her medication, and she was just asleep all the time.

Wonderful features!

My mom has only been there a few months but so far so good.

Chesapeake Place is able to order your families meds if you choose to go that route. It will cost a little more because if the way it is packaged. Or they will call you so you can get the meds to them. Convenient.

They also take care of laundry. Mom/dad put laundry outside door and it is washed/dried and returned to your room. Wonderful!

The facility was very nice ...

The facility was very nice with a wonderful back door from many units that opened into an interior courtyard -- a wonderful opportunity for those residents to enjoy their own section of the outdoors in a safe manner. The residents appeared to take advantage of activities. Staff were helpful but I felt that my visit was interfering with other duties of the administration. A limit of 5 miles for doctors' visits was an abrupt statement and would not meet the medical need for my relative. Overall, no.

Too big

I didn't like the size of this community, it was too large. From what I saw of the cleanliness, it seemed fine.

The director is great. Assisted Livin...

The director is great. Assisted Living. Nice place, but not a good place for a walker.

this place was a little too nursing h...

this place was a little too nursing homeish for me to love it but its a good location for dad and his friends. floor staff i observed seemd friendly but not genuinely so. a bit dmv in their attitudes, maybe just not very professional. feel like they could easily be condescending and assume patients concerns arent valid. but everything is included and fees are good. daily bedmaking, laundry and hskpng is a plus. rooms smaller than others. director was nice but again, in a sort-of unrefined, pat you on the head way, not really in a professional way. cant put my finger on it but didnt love the vibe. still a contender but i think i would have to stay on top of them vigorously.

Definitely the most favored of the on...

Definitely the most favored of the ones we visited. The staff was kind, compassionate and gentle while answering qustions and offering information, Very clean, neat but HOMEY and warm.

Caring community

Caring community

Escape to Chesapeake Place and discover a community where residents come first and their needs are met 24 hours a day. We offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Chesapeake, Virginia, and our talented staff members create an atmosphere of professionalism and comfort as they help residents find enjoyment and relaxation. Located just minutes from Virginia Beach and the city of Chesapeake, our community strikes the perfect balance between tranquility and excitement.