Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House - Virginia Beach, VA

This facility seemed outdated compared to others we’d seen. We would not ne including it in our list of possible choices.

Not very happy!!

I really do not have much to say about how things are going for my loved one since he made the move into this community. I am very unhappy at the moment and think they could use a lot of improvement in the quality of care they provide the residents. I do not think it is up to standards and they lack in organization on how to run this place.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Commonwealth Senior Living at Kings Grant House, I would like thank you for your feedback. As you know, providing all of our residents with the care, dignity, and respect that they deserve is our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how we can improve and enhance the care at our community. I can be reached at [removed] or [removed]. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. Ed Corbeil, Vice-President of Operations, Commonwealth Senior Living

Everything Working Out Well

Everything is working out well for my parents with their move to this community. They are safe, and in good hands overall. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. A place for mom was helpful with referring this community to us. All is well for my parents here in this facility.

My Tour Here

It was okay to me when I had a tour of the community. It looked pretty good for another family but they were not what I was looking for.

Lovely facility!

This is a lovely facility! It is very clean and the staff do the best that they can to make sure that my father is comfortable. Though my father has limited mobility, he also enjoys the activities that they have to offer.

My Friend is Well Here

My friend is doing well here at this community. She had adjusted well to it, and I'am pleased with her move to this community. The staff is taking very good care of her, and her needs. The experience has gone well.

Comfort for my wife!

The Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House has been a good fit for my wife. The place is clean and all of the staff that I have come in contact with have been nice. I have no complaints about the place.

A home away from home.

I would give it a 4 1/2 star rating. My husband has been there for almost 3 weeks. His room and bath are roomy, comfortable, sets his own temperature. Meals seem well prepared, appetizing, attractive, tablecloths on tables, aides assist any who need help getting to the dining room and eating. Building is clean and in good repair, there are some activities for any who want to participate. Friendly help is available when necessary for showers and dressing, and talk to family anytime we desire. Like ready availability of drinking water and snacks including fresh fruit, salty and sweet tidbits.

We visited Kings Grant House on Tuesday, 12/6/16, and met with Susan. This was our first visit to a facility. The tour was so nice and Susan was very helpful answering our questions. We had a change in plans and are looking for a place for mom and dad so we need independent and assisted care. Kings Grant begins with the assisted level. Nice place but not what we need.

King Grant House is relatively close to my dad's home. The facility was clean and the staff was very nice and greeted me as I toured the facility. I did not observe any organized activities while I was touring. They have private and shared options for living. They offer memory care and respite care.

Still Transitioning Into Community

My dad is doing okay and he is still trying to get use to his new home. The staff are good help and recognizing his personality. I have no complaints about the staff but they could improve on washing clothes. My dad does not eat a lot but I think the food is good and they give him options if he does not like what is being served. There are plenty of activities to try out.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Kings Grant House, I would like to thank you for your feedback and for trusting your father’s care to us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways in which we can improve our community. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. Gary Pelton, Executive Director of Kings Grant House

Great respite experience for Mom

I had to go out of town because of a death in the family. This was the first time I ever placed my mother in respite care and she was very happy and content when I picked her up. Our experience with Kings Grant House was very pleasant and I will definitely use them again whenever expedient.

Happy to be out

The quality of service to my mother deteriorated badly after a management change. The memory care section is a very sad place with barely adequate care. We are so happy to have moved my mother out of this place.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Kings Grant House, I would like to thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate the fact that you entrusted you loved one’s care to us and apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways in which we can improve our community. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. Gary Pelton, Executive Director of Kings Grant House

My Mom

These people are very good, some of the most friendly people I've ever met. My Mom has only been there for about a month now but she has settled right in which eases my mind greatly. It's not easy leaving you parent with strangers. There are a few hiccups but nothing that can't be fixed. So far we are very pleased with Kings Grant.

Roommate or Staff stealing from my mother

I selected Kings Grant House because the facility was small, very clean and it fit my mother's budget. The Marketing & Sales Director gave KGH such high praises.

I was told that my mother's room would be cleaned & ready for her to move into on the date I specified. When I arrived on that date, the room was dirty and the roommate personal items were all over the room as if she had a private room.

I spoke to the housekeeper and she informed me that she didn't know anything about a new resident moving. She went to get the head of maintenance, he came to the room and he didn't know anything about a new resident moving in either. The maintenance person went and got the Director, [name removed]. [name removed] wasn't aware that the room wasn't ready for my mother to move in either. Why would the Marketing & Sales Director assure me that everything would be taken care of when my mother arrived?

My mother has been there 3 weeks and it took the staff 2 1/2 weeks to get her medications right.

[removed] I have spoken to the Director about this problem and he assured me it wouldn't happen again .... well it did.

I am going to request that the Director, [removed], remove the roommate from the room.

My mother's budget is very tight and she cannot afford to move into a single/private room. Something has got to be done, after all my mother is not the "problem".

If I can find another nice/clean and affordable assistant living facility, I will be moving my mother ASAP.

Dear, Iris D. Smith,

On behalf of Kings Grant House, I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I appreciate the fact that you have entrusted your mother’s care to us and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you or your mother because of this situation. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is always our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways in which we can improve our care for your mother and improve our processes to ensure that we are doing everything we possibly can for her and for you. You can contact me directly at [removed] or email me at [removed]. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you. – Cat Anderson, Regional Director of Operations, Commonwealth Assisted Living.”

So far it's pretty good.

So far it's pretty good. It's had it's moments, it's taken some time to get the schedule and their needs sorted out. It's a tough transition. The staff is nice, and everything seems very nice. The food isn't as good as we would hope. They seem to offer enough entertainment, and activities. We liked the value they offered.

Wouldn't recommend

Kings Grant House did not end up being a very good fit for my loved one. The setting here felt much more clinical than his previous residence, the residents were all fairly high on the care need scale and most of them were in wheelchairs. It felt very claustrophobic and could be difficult to navigate due to all the wheelchairs. I also do not feel that the level of care and attentiveness provided by the staff were nearly as high as they promised when we toured. I would not recommend them, based on our experience.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Kings Grant House, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your concerns and learn more about how we can improve our community. You can reach me by email at [removed] or by phone at [removed].Thank you again. Best, Cat Anderson, Regional Director of Operations.

They have been very proactive. They are considerate.

They really try to provide you with information before you ask questions. They have been very proactive. The staff is very friendly. They are considerate. They take the time to meet my mothers needs, instead of pushing her through the schedule. The interaction has been really good. The location is great. The parking lot is a little weird, but it's in the city. I would certainly recommend the Kings Grant House.

I really liked it. They let people be who they are which is great..

I really liked it. There was one old lady who had a fur coat on. I thought that was really cute. They let people be who they are which is great. She had this illusion that she bought the place and no one ever told her anything. It was really cute. The biggest problem was the location. It was a little far from where we live. The other thing is that it was expensive. I would like a flat rate. I didn't like the way they did pricing.

So relieved to have found this facility!

I could not be happier with the staff and cleanliness of this facility My mother is having difficulty adjusting to her new living arrangements, and all staff members are being extremely understanding and helpful. She is unhappy with the food, but the facility is willing to offer her alternatives.

Nice place overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Kings Grant House. The people here are always very friendly, and take good care of the residents. However, they do have an issue with forgetting small details when it comes to more often than not.

very happy!

This is my first experience with having to deal with adult care, but so far I have been very impressed. The facility is always very clean, and the staff is wonderful and very helpful. It is expensive, but not any higher than any of the other ones out there, and for the level of care that they give, it is a good value. Everybody there is always so positive and upbeat, both the staff and the residents. We looked at several different places and I am very happy that I picked Kings Grant House!

not bad

They mad the transition to come here very easy. The lady who helped us get set up really did an excellent job.

I do feel that it would have been best had I looked at and compared other places besides Kings Grant House.

They have been doing a lot of construction, which is not yet complete.

Overall it hasn't been too bad, but nothing exceptionally wonderful either.

The administration was help...

The administration was helpful with an excellent professional presence and more knowledge about the Veteran's opportunities than few others. The facility is too small and not a good match for my relative, but would be a good place for someone else to consider.

Much better place than where dad was before

So far things are going very well. The staff is way up there, the friendliness is a 5+. The care is coming around, I would think they would have picked up on a few things, things they could have suggested or I would have suggested but I can't really say anything negative about it because my father is a special case. My father's blind, he was on the first floor but we moved him to the dementia unit so he could get more attention and care. The problem is my dad's not one to participate a whole lot at all and because he's blind there's not a lot he can do; so he's been severely depressed but the medication's starting to work. He's coming out a lot more and making some friends. In fact, I referred another resident who was over at Atria to King's Grant and I think they moved in the other weekend. I'm very comforted to know that this is where he will be until the end.

Very helpful. Answered man...

Very helpful. Answered many questions. Talked to Linda.

Nursing home. Odor and smell

Nursing home. Odor and smell

Is very nice. Small rooms and no whe...

Is very nice. Small rooms and no where to walk.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House, a premier senior living community in Virginia Beach managed by Commonwealth Senior Living. Situated in quiet residential neighborhood, our community offers a relaxed setting in a convenient location that has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia. We also recently added new suites to this community.

Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House boasts a variety of amenities, including nutritious dining, housekeeping, linen services and transportation arrangements. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at King's Grant House further and schedule a tour today.