The Waterford at Virginia Beach - Virginia Beach, VA

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my tour of this place recently. I think the staff have done a great job presenting the community and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The floor plan was open and easy to navigate through. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my loved one but I would recommend it to anyone

Great Respite Stay Experience

My wife had a great respite stay experience in this community. Everything went very well, and I was pleased with her stay. I knew she was safe, and in good hands. The staff did a great job taking care of her, and her needs. The community looks nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. They provide good meals, and nice activities. It is a community I would recommend, it worked out well for my wife, and I.

My Visit

I had a tour set up and when I went to the community
I saw that they were too dark and I had a feeling that it wasn't a fit. The darkness stood out to me. It was a good tour and they gave me good information about the community.

Good Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community of this community. Everyone was very kind, and courteous. The community looked nice, and well-kept from what I saw. Everything went well overall, but we did find another community that suited our needs better.

Excellent Assisted Living Community--the best I have ever seen and worked with!!

Everyone is superb.....caring, kind, informative...They are taking wonderful care of my father. If I ever need to go to an assisted living community, this is my choice. Excellent!!!

Great place for my dad!

Very caring. Always on top of things with each resident. Call to let you know if meds being changed. Dr. [Removed] extremely nice and caring. Food is great!! Sarah at front desk is exceptional. Every business needs more positive, friendly people like [Removed]

Nice Tour, Everyone was Kind

I toured this community for my parents, and their needs. My tour went well, and everyone was very kind. The community looked nice, and well-kept. The staff was nice, and friendly. My questions were answered, and they were informative. It was a pleasant experience, and everything went well.

Welcoming Community

This is a very nice community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. They have a lovely staff, they have been very welcoming, and helpful. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. They have activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals, the food is very good. Overall all is well so far, and I would recommend this community.

This facility is exactly what we were looking for. The assistance level goes to end of life so my friend won't need to move again. Beautiful courtyard. Staff extremely helpful.

The people at The Waterford are spectacular! From Ms. [Removed] the Director to Ms [Removed] in admissions. This is a facility a family can feel secure that there loved one will be safe and treated with respect.

My Tour Was A Good One

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was great, and very kind. The community looked nice and clean. The staff I came across were nice and courteous. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother to for her needs. This is a pleasant community, but I found one that worked with our budget better.

We visited The Waterford on Tuesday, 12/06/16, and met with [Removed]. It is a newer place with large rooms. There are about 116 residents. It was a month to month cost. The place was very nice. Our only problem was that now that we are looking for a place for mom and dad, we need independent care too and the Waterford starts at the assisted level. Nice place though.

Is anyone there?

They were not off to a good start with me. When I came for a tour no one was there to show me around or discuss the options with me. I also saw that there was 2 residents that had there face in there food. Not one nurse or aide did anything. That was a major turn off. There was staff there, but again there was nothing done.

This community is top-notch in my book. All the units have a full bath with a very large shower that has a pull-down seat as well as an adjustable shower head. The dining area is very inviting and the grounds are exceptionally well kept with outside areas to sit. The one bedroom unit had a separate living area and a small kitchenette with sink and cabinets. If I were looking for myself it is one I would definitely consider.

Friendly, patient staff attentive to residents' needs.

The staff are quick to contact me about any concerns about my loved one and to include me in the discussion about her care. Everyone is encouraging, positive and helpful in dealing with difficult issues.
Recently a resident, who was in the hallway in front of the room where I was visiting my loved one, needed to be taken by ambulance to a hospital. The Waterford staff was calm, patient and willing to listen to the resident's fears about going with the EMTs. As a result, no one else was affected or distressed about the situation.

Go Elsewhere!

What we were told and what was written in care plans for our family members did not happen. Too few caregivers and way too many seniors needing help; staff turnovers, no-show help, especially on weekends; other than taking residents to meals, help was pretty nonexistent. Call bell rings were not answered at all or perhaps 20, 30, 60 min. later or more. Management of no help, mostly excuses.
Our opinion: Do not choose Pacifica! Very poor attention to their residents.

Wonderful Caring Experience.

They were a larger community. They accepted him even though he was unable to walk. They were very kind and showed caring concern. They try very hard to keep people once they move in. Nobody has had anything but nice things to say about the place, and they were well trained for Alzheimers. The nurses and the hospice nurses were very gracious. We were only there briefly, but while we were there they were great.

very nice facility - would ...

very nice facility - would have been our second choice.

Very nice;clean-top of our ...

Very nice;clean-top of our list

Great Job - just needs better communication

I would give them a 9 out of 10. If I had a gripe it would be with the nursing staff. They don't seem to communicate between the night shift and the day shift. Other than that, they're doing a great job! They have a tremendous amount of activities.

I'm thinking this is the pl...

I'm thinking this is the place! Barbara was fantastic in explaining everything about their facility in detail. Everyone there had a caring attitude. The facilty is small but in a good way. Everyone knows each other so it has that small town feel to the place. Your not lost in the crowd. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for assisted living.

I liked the spaciousness of...

I liked the spaciousness of Pacifica. I didn't come into a great deal of contact with direct caregivers. I'm sure their care would be adequate but now that I've seen Clare Bridge I really like it better.

Our community in Virginia Beach is the perfect retreat for seniors looking to settle down in one of the most charming cities in the country. The Waterford at Virginia Beach offers Assisted Living and Memory Care services in the picturesque coastal city of Virginia Beach. Our community is staffed 24 hours a day by staff members who work tirelessly to exceed our residents’ expectations. Regular personal care assessments ensure that all care plans are tailored to individual needs, and comprehensive medication management helps seniors live well without unnecessary stress. Additional available services include incontinence care, early stage/mild dementia care and escort and transfer assistance. Our Virginia Beach senior living community offers an array of stimulating recreation and entertainment programming throughout the year.