The Landing of Canton - Canton, OH

Very nice facility. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. Decided against because of rooms on 2nd fl; too much for mom (in her convalescing condition) to negotiate the trip to the dining room. If the distance to our house was shorter, I would have considered for a permanent room.

Thankful for The Landing of Canton

I am so very thankful that I found this wonderful facility for my Dad! With his advanced dementia, everything was getting extremely hard for him, living alone....and extremely hard for me to give him the care that he needed. With the help of A Place for Mom, my husband and I visited about 8 places, all nice , but the one that fit my Dad perfectly was The Landing of Canton. It was smaller than most, with an easy floor plan for getting around. And the many times that we popped in, I always had the best feeling about his care.Residents were always talking, putting puzzles together, listening to music or doing fun activities. And with the help of all of the nice professional staff, he's well taken care of, happy and content. I really can't thank them enough for the excellent care that they've given him and the peace of mind that they've given me!

I called on Thursday and spoke to the DON about a room for my father in law. She went to visit him on Friday and accepted him into The Landing. We will be moving him in on Tuesday!! Quick, Easy and such a friendly atmosphere!

Janet Davis

We are so happy for you and your father in law! Welcome to our community!

Highly Unsatisfied

I was highly unsatisfied with the care that was given to my wife at The Landing of Canton community. The staff was disrespectful and treated my wife in a demeaning manner when trying to calm her down. The staff seemed unqualified and untrained to handle behaviour that is associated with memory care patients. Check often on how many staff members are available when your loved one is eating in the dining room. Check on how they how they help your loved one when using the facilities. I would suggest that if you have a loved one in this facility to check on them often regarding the care they are receiving.

Robyn Studley

We apologize for the care your wife has received. We have notified the team of this situation. We will try and avoid this from happening again. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give our community a call.

So beautiful!

This place is so beautiful and nice. The people are super nice and friendly. The food and the activities were great and I really like that they take time with my loved one. The community is clean and neat.

The Landing Of Canton

When I started our search for a new place for Mom I was overwhelmed by the process and the time that it was going to take me I Came Upon senioradvisor.com. one of the places we were sent was The Landing Of Canton. We loved it !! It was clean spacious and the people there were genuinely caring of her needs. She tells us how much she likes it Mom is very happy ....
A special Thank You to Brad my senior living advisor for all of his help

2 thumbs up!

First I would like to thank Senior Advisor for helping us with information and direction. They were very knowledgable and helpful!

My step-Father moved into the The Landing of Canton about a month ago...he absolutely loves it!

The process went pretty smoothly. The facility is very clean and neat. They just remodeled, so it is all quite lovely.

The people and staff are friendly and helpful

We are really happy with our decision.

The people that they employ at the landing in the memory care unit, are fabulous. The unit director is perpetually bubbly, and loves dealing with the residents there she is warm and loving. The caregivers really pamper my mom. They give her better care than I could have. She really responds well to them. They are undergoing some remodeling, and they are going to be expanding the courtyard are for the memory care residents. The food is tasty, it's not bland at all, it's delicious. We are really happy with our decision.

over all im am very very pleased with the services my parents recieve there the property is very nice and clean i would recommend to other families i gave the rating of a 5 star i think its very nice and clean inside and out side i all so gave a 5 star rating for their friendliness

My parents moved in a week ago and so far we are all very pleased. The facility is clean and smells nice. The dining room is beautiful and they are enjoying three meals daily. Their apartment is spacious and they have been able to take everything they wanted from their home. The staff is helpful, it is not a large facility so it is easy to get to know everyone.

Poor value

With the dramatic turnover in executive staff and directors of Memory Care from Jul, 2013 through April , 2014, the quality of care for Alzheimer's residents suffered. Rarely were there any activities to engage them. In my mother's case, and by their own admission, the staff permitted my mother to lie in bed up to 20 hrs a day. Often the staff would sit around and chat with one another during mealtimes instead of helping to feed those who could not do so for themselves. I was appalled. In another instance, I helped with a party for the residents, and the staff kitchen in Memory Care was so dirty, I had to clean the counters and some flatware first. I moved my mother to another facility.

Would NOT recommend The Landing

We did not have a good experience with this community at all. It really was a horrific situation, they were doing absolutely nothing with my loved one. She'd get up for a meal, and then just walk back to her room and get into bed with her clothes on and sleep for 20 hours. They didn't have any sort of activities for their memory care patients at all. The aides and LPNs were doing their best, but they were so understaffed and had so much employee turnover. They transitioned to new ownership during our stay, which caused us all sorts of difficulties with billing, we received incorrect bills for months in a row. I really would not recommend this place at all.

A Good Experience

We have been very happy with the friendly helpful staff at The Landing. Everyone has gone above expectations to welcome my aunt and help with her transition to assisted living.

The community didn’t smell all that great.

When I toured this community it was an Emeritus. I just was not impressed that it was two different floors and they had an elevator but my loved one needed extra assistance. With dementia operating an elevator… you’re lucky if you can operate a door.

The community didn’t smell all that great. just wasn’t a nice community. The one side of the building had a view of office buildings. It was kind of like a used car lot with them trying to bargain

They were amazing! It was awesome, and really great pricing too!

They were amazing! It was awesome, and really great pricing too! It's beautiful, and they have a garden the residents can work in and they will even use the vegetables in the cooking. They have a nice pond with ducks. They didn't have the level of care that we knew we would eventually need. They still call and check in on her and see how she is doing even though it won't work out for her. They care about the people, not just the money.

Nicely decorated. Terry Mac...

Nicely decorated. Terry Mack left in December. Sherry is the new contact. Memory care is not right fit right now but they would help move from assiststed to memory care when needed. Total of 82 rooms; so memory care

Seeking Assisted Living Care--Tour experience at Emeritus

I am seeking Assisted Living care for a family member, and we just had a tour at Emeritus in Canton, Ohio. The facility is very nice and I can tell the residents are treated to a lot of activities. The accommodations are also nice, and it helps that all of the rooms can be personalized to make it into your loved ones new home.

However, I must say that our tour seemed a lot like buying a car. I forget the exact title of the representative we worked worth, but I will refer to this individual as our "tour guide." After seeing a few rooms, our tour guide mentioned putting a deposit down several times, which was awkward. I was also asked to sign a waiver to allow my family member's medical records to be released to the on-staff nurse so she could review the level of care that is needed, to which I politely refused. The room price negotiation also came into play, which again, was awkward. We simply wanted a tour and some information.

We are planning to see a total of 8 places before we make a final decision. We want to make the best decision we can for our family member, but Emeritus gave me the feeling that we needed to sign on the dotted line right away.

Our tour guide wanted to follow-up with me the very next morning, and I explained we had a few people we needed to talk with, so I did not want to be contacted until the following Monday. However, the very next morning I received a phone call from the Director thanking us for taking the tour.

Everything here seems a little forced. None of the other places we've toured so far have been this "sales-focused" and I would go as far as saying "desperate." I am now a little bit hesitant to even consider this place. If my wishes were not honored regarding the phone call situation, it doesn't give me high hopes that my loved-ones wishes will be honored either. It's also somewhat alarming that there is no wait-list at Emeritus, where as other facilities are booked.

I say all of this from a touring perspective. In no way does my tour reflect the quality of care and overall operations of the home. Just be prepared to feel like you're buying a car when you just want to look around.