The Inn at University Village - Massillon, OH

The Inn was very nice and so was the staff that we encountered. The only accommodations that was available at this time was a studio apartment and was not at all what we were wanting for our Mother. We were told that she could move in and be placed on a waiting list for a larger apartment but that is not our wishes as our mom has moved several time in the past few years and want this move to be last. This was not a good match for our mom.

Like a beauty pageant... Pretty but no substance

Anyone can agree that no one is going to care for a loved one as well as you. That aside, this facility is very much just for show. They are nothing more than a laundry and meal service wrapped in a very pretty package. While claiming to have memory care and more specialized help for those with dementia, etc. the assistance there is minimal at best. If all you need is the minimum, it is a great place both in look and feel. Anything beyond that, however, is extremely lacking. The management staff will lie, misinform, and, as in our case, kick you out of the facility if you are hurt while there. Additionally, stringing you along to take you or your loved one's money for as long as they can. Also, be very careful if your family member is on Medicaid. It is accepted and works out great unless the person is moved to their "memory care" side. They then get dropped from Medicaid and you have to go through the hassle of reapplying when, inevitably, the person ends up at a nursing facility or hospital. Again, it isn't all bad but isn't what they would have you believe either.

Not good

We had a horrible experience. Very dissatisfied and untrained people.

not much interaction

This was a very nice community and the staff did a great job showing us around, they took their time doing so and they answered all our questions. While we were there I did notice that there was not much interaction/activity amongst the residents that where which concerned me some.

This facility is beautiful. [Removed] has been so helpful with getting mom a room. All of the staff have been very helpful as we have had a lot of questions.

5 stars!

The staff they have at this community are really nice and we could not be happier with them, however mom thinks they could use some more staff. The community is pretty active. Mom is the memory care unit and there are less activities available. She loves the food and the community is nice. They are a little expensive. I would recommend this community.

My mother and I really loved everything we saw at the Inn yesterday. We had planned to look at 4-5 places, but my mom is confident that this is where she wants to live. The spaciousness and graciousness of the place are impressive. It did not have the institutional feel we were so dreading. The look, feel and friendliness of the place are what matter most to my mother.

My mother receives more than just her physical care needs (Medicine – Meals etc.). She gets individual attention from both the staff and management. They get my mother to smile, laugh, sing songs, & interact with her however they can. She gets compassionate consideration & a sense of involvement in life. It’s not just physical care. It’s also emotional care. Mom is comfortable, and happy.

My aunt received superior care from a staff & management that truly put those in their care, first. This attitude is universal among the staff and management because it is the attitude of the administration. Genuine compassionate & considerate attitude that simply grows the organization.

Many improvements needed

The Inn At University Village used to be a nice place. They are consistently short staffed. The food is horrible and now the big meal is served at lunch. With having a lighter dinner it is not enough to last till morning/breakfast. We have been told several times the lettuce and tomato are the vegetables.
Large turnover and staffing so low they have had to use agency staffing. No consistency. The phone system is terrible. You can't even call to check on your loved one. We are leaving ASAP!

mom is not happy

My mother has fallen in the shower and had to go to the hospital. She is not supposed to be showering without supervision and help. She also is not happy with the food. I know it is a beautiful facility, but we have had these and other challenges. It can be challenging communicating with them. My mother is not very happy there.

We have our meeting with them and there was nothing, it is really good. They did tell us up front about this, but the only thing is that my dad is now a diabetic and they don't do any food alterations for anyone with dietary restrictions.

Friendly, warm and engaging. Tonya took the time to learn about our parent's needs and showed us their facility. Very impressed.

The Inn at University Village is really a phenomenal place.

The Inn at University Village is really a phenomenal place. They are taking very good care of our loved ones. She gets the medical attention she needs, her medication management and all of that. He is like a whole new person! It's very clean, no odors or anything. It's almost like you are in a hotel, it's not like a hospital room setting or a nursing care setting at all. We haven't heard any complaints at all. They keep us well informed.

Very professional and very ...

Very professional and very attentive. Seems like an upscale apartment complex and the residents all appear happy. Staff is very professional, caring and responsive. The building and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Different levels of care are provided and include two different levels of memory care. We selected this facility for all these reasons.

My brother and I are very pleased wit...

My brother and I are very pleased with the nurturing care my mother has received at the Inn. The facility is wonderfully pleasant and the staff is incredibly attentive to her every need.

We are a state of the art assisted living located minutes from downtown Massillon and Canton. University Village consists of 99 suites, 34 of which are considered “Special Care” and “Memory Care” that will meet the needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. The suites range in size and cost depending on an individual’s needs. Traditional Studio Suites rates range from $83.00 to $89.00 per day. Two room suites are $130.00 and $140.00. Special Care rates are $150.00 and $160.00 based on room size and they are an all inclusive rate.

University Village has such amenities as a coffee/ice cream shop, chapel, private dining room, beauty shop , therapy gym and beautifully landscaped enclosed courtyard with tranquil waterfalls and putting greens. With the many living areas throughout the building, it encourages socialization and ample space to visit with family and friends.