Danbury in Massillon - Massillon, OH

Danbury in Massillon - Massillon, OH has yet not published prices.

A Great Place for Mom

Danbury in Massillon has been a wonderful place for my mother. She feels very much at home there and has made many friends. Danbury provides community events that encourage families and others to come and interact with the residents. My mother enjoys many of the activities available and also enjoys alone time in her apartment which is much better than a room at a rest home. The staff are very friendly and attentive. They are responsive to questions that my mother or the family may have. The food that is served is very healthy and provides a great opportunity to socialize.

Beautiful Facility, Caring Staff

Clean, modern, beautiful facility. Medical Care Staff helpful, friendly, willing to talk and LISTEN to family regarding resident's well being and tips for care. Food excellent. Activities adequate. Memory care could be more intensively geared toward cognitive engagement. Administrative staff can be slow to respond to questions. Beware of pharmacy restrictions. $75 mo for using your own pharm. + additional $100 mo. for non-blister packed drugs. Exhorbitant cost for vitamins.

Highly recommend!

It’s taking some time for my mom to get used to being here, but the people have just been awesome with her. They’ve really been helpful and friendly and easy to communicate with. They’ve been super to me through the whole process of getting her in and trying to make it as easy as possible to try and make her happy. The staff is all very outgoing and friendly, saying hi to everyone whenever they can. My mom is used to home cooking so she says the food is okay but a lot of the residents tell her how much they love it. The whole facility is excellent and very, very clean. They come into my mom’s room all the time and empty the garbage, do her laundry, stuff like that. It always looks nice. My mom is very particular and she’s pretty pleased with the way things are kept. They have plenty of activities to do, sometimes outings like to the Amish country; they have board games and a nice game room, you can go to their bistro and get free drinks and ice cream, and there are card games. Sometimes we’ll just go in there to the bistro and sit down in the afternoon and I think that’s real nice. All of the other residents seem pretty friendly and welcoming too. I think when it comes to communities, it can get really expensive, but this place is nice and very well maintained. My mom has a kitchen in her apartment with a full sized fridge, a stove, there’s decent living space and a patio off the side that she can sit on. The whole building has big, wide hallways that are bright and light. I highly recommend Danbury!