The Lakeshore - Seattle, WA

Couldn't be more pleased with Lakeshore

Mom loves living at Lakeshore. The staff is friendly, informative, and helpful. The food is good and the servers are so accommodating. Mom loves all the activities offered - field trips in a big bus, drives to new areas in a smaller bus, trips to Fred Meyer for shopping, etc. They celebrate holidays and special events, have concerts and card playing, book clubs, and puzzle solving as well as Art Show/Wine Tastings. Rides are provided to the Dr. and hospital, too. The grounds are beautifully appointed and the rose garden lovingly maintained - even a pea patch garden if you are so inclined. Mom's unit is not an updated one but she has a beautiful view of the lake and the "eagle tree". She could get help with meds, showering, etc. , but she has improved so much since moving in, she doesn't need it! I could not be more pleased with this wonderful retirement/assisted living home. It's a real pleasure to visit Mom and all of her new friends at Lakeshore!

Jacob Almo

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review! We are very happy to hear that your mother is having a great time and enjoying the activities. We deeply enjoy having her as a part of this community!

We Like The Community

My In-Law has good and happy staff to help him and the community is kept clean. He seems to like all the activities and it has been keeping him super busy. The recently had a luau and a fireman carnival. It is nice because they are busy during the week and the family can join if they want. The community looks nice and so beautiful, it is off the lake. We knew some people who had family at Lakeshore, and that made it more comfortable for us having him here. We also picked them because they have a large amount of Asians and since he speaks mostly Cantonese, they were more fitting for him.

Jacob Almo

Thank you very much for your positive review! It's great to hear that your loved one is enjoying himself and that you are having the chance to join in for some of the fun. We do have a wonderfully diverse group of residents, and we're happy to hear that your father-in-law is able to connect with others who speak Cantonese.

I Liked The Community

After having a good tour here, I thought about living here and they were my second consideration. They were too far away and there were personal preference that they did not have for me, like no indoor parking. I needed that.

I Would Recommend Them

Mom is settling in and getting use to the community lifestyle. It is lovely and a well run place. The staff are quite good with the care. The schedule is something she is getting use, knowing how things work here. In the assisted living the staff do anything for her and always helping her. They are good at explaining stuff and trying to get her involved.

A tour for me

I toured this community for myself. It was clean and well maintained. The staff were nice and friendly and answered my questions. They would have offered me activities and a variety of meals. I did not get the home feeling I was looking for but would recommend other families to see this community for themselves.

A Decent Tour

I toured this facility for my mother. It is a nice facility with kind people. They offered us a meal and it was decent. This isn't a bad community, everything looked nice and clean. The staff was welcoming and friendly. It was a decent tour.

My mother has just moved into the Lakeshore and has been met there by a wonderfully supportive community that is diverse and caring. The facility is clean and tidy and the staff have been attentive to her needs. This has been a gentle and seamless transition for her.

Lakeshore is a blessing!

On behalf of my parents, the 6 siblings and 14 grandchildren in our family, I’d like to express my appreciation for the wonderful living environment you and your awesome staff have created for the parents. There was great in trepidation, especially amongst siblings about the folks feeling like losing their independence and initiate a downward spiral with the recognition of need for assisted living. Our actual experience is the opposite. We have eliminated many stress points in their lives and they literally ‘brag’ to everyone about their ‘neat new home’. They are healthier and happier than they have been in years. It is obvious now that this solution could have worked earlier.
A very big ‘Thank You’ from all of us to you and your awesome team of care givers.

The Lakeshore is AWESOME!

The Lakeshore is hands down the perfect environment for my Father. He's happy, safe and enjoying his new home. I'm grateful for the wonderful resources provided by A Place for Mom and the awesome staff of The Lakeshore.

Great location and facility. The dini...

Great location and facility. The dining and private dining areas are very nice. The food is good and the desserts better. My father lived there for seven years. He made many friends there. It was home. He enjoyed having a pea patch garden, the Wii bowling league and the frequent bus trips. The staff was professional and caring. They gave him that extra help that he needed as he got weaker, but treated him like it was business as usual. The luau in August was always a favorite. His favorite meal "Breakfast for Dinner"

I would recommend to take the tour and have lunch to get the true look and feel of the Lakeshore.

Beautiful community and friendly staff, but with a few issues

In terms of the facility itself, and the services it provides, The Lakeshore is fabulous. It is always well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly, caring, and professional.
The problem that we ran into is that their program for bringing in and integrating new residents is very lacking. My loved ones haven't had much luck meeting new people or finding activities to participate in. The activities themselves are great, but the community needs to do more to help new residents figure out what is going on. They need to be more proactive when it comes to building and encouraging a community atmosphere.
I like this facility very much, but based on our current experience I'd have to rate it a 3 out of 5. My loved ones are feeling isolated, and their main concern was finding a "community" to move into.

Was very pleased with this ...

Was very pleased with this place. It is presently on the top of my list for dad. I think he will be satisfied here too.

They're better than most

Unfortunately they aren't participating in activities because they aren't interested. My mother was very reluctant to move ther so she has been reluctant to do anything more than sit in her room and watch television, they are encouraging her to participate. My experience in general has been fairly good, I'm fighting someissues right now with their billing, their billing seems to be confused, but I'm in the process of getting that worked out. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the staff because I don't know if it's them or their software but we'll find out. I think care is being handled adequately, I don't knwo that I would be getting better care anywhere else either, I've had a rather limited exposure to this type of facility. I have high standards and i'm not really happy with the value, I think they're significantly over priced, but that beign said, I don't know that we would get any better care anywhere else.

Facility a little old. Quiet neighbo...

Facility a little old. Quiet neighbor. Good to explore more.

The director bought me lunch in their...

The director bought me lunch in their dining facility. The food was adequate (fake crab doesn't make a good hot sandwich). The views of the southern end of Lake Washington are outstanding. The apartment was good, not as spacious assome, but a much better view.

I know this facility, but not in a ni...

I know this facility, but not in a nice part of town.

Very elegent. Like a 4 star hotel. ...

Very elegent. Like a 4 star hotel. Great staff. No memory care.

Welcome to The Lakeshore, an Era Living community. The Lakeshore offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living and Assisted Living care.

The Lakeshore is located on the southern shore of Lake Washington with beautiful panoramic views. It has 156 apartments ranging from studios to two-bedroom suites.

Residents of The Lakeshore experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.