We're looking for a temporary housing solution for my 95-year old mom for two weeks. The Lodge seemed to have everything we need. I would have given 4 stars, but we were told by the director that the minimum stay was 30 days. That is more than what we need. This news was disappointing.

Great atmosphere and friendly people

Everyone is friendly it is a nice atmosphere my frustration is they took away the comfortable theater seats and moved the theater upstairs in the activity center the chairs are not comfortable for a 2 hour movie and the atmosphere isn’t as good the food here is about a 3 or 4 star most of it is ok but not always but there are alternates to substitute. I am independent living so don’t use the care team but have seen the frustration of those who do because they have long waits for someone to answer the call button. This is not good if it is an emergency. I have been told they are looking into a better system and I hope that is true. Overall my experience has been good and I would recommend this place

The apartments were fairly spacious, but felt a little "institutional". Also located on a steep hill. So if there's any snow or ice, you're stuck. No transitional or memory care. While the food sounded delicious, their price only includes 2 meals a day, whereas MOST facilities provide 3.

Very Clean!!

I thought that this place was very clean and well maintained by all the staff and residents. They where very welcoming to my dear friend and I and kept things very professional during our visit. I especially liked the menu they had available as well as the activity log they had for the week. It was just not the right fit of location for him. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested in an assisted living.

Good tour!

My tour of The Lodge at Egal Ridge was fine. They were able to answer my questions and show me around the facility. It was a good experience.

It Is A Very Nice Place

It was a good tour but it wasn't right for my mom. The community is a clean place and well run. The residents I saw seemed happy, healthy and involved. It was a really nice place and they didn't have the availability for the size of apartment we wanted.

My new home

I am happy with this community. The staff are very caring and attentive. The staff has been helpful. The community gives you a at home feeling here. The other residents make you feel at home. I am happy with meals and the variety. I would recommend other familes to this community and forb the care and the value. This is a great home for me.

Mom Was Not Pleased

This is a nice community, but my mother wasn't very pleased, so she has decided she wants to move. She is pleased with the food. They take a while to fix things. Other then those issues I think it is a nice place. Everybody is friendly and kind. They do offer activities for the residents. It is a nice safe community, my mother just wasn't very happy.

Nice place for Mom

We toured 6 facilities in our hunt for a place for my 95 year old Mother. For our needs the Lodge stood out above all others. The staff is friendly and respond quickly to your needs. Mom is not in need of assisted living yet, however, when she is there is staff to respond. She has just been there three weeks, so far we are happy.

Clean property/very friendly

Very helpful and friendly. The property was clean and the staff was friendly

This was a nice place, and was our second choice.

This was a nice place, and was our second choice. They only offered two meals a day though. There was another community that we were considering that offered three meals a day. Had the other place not negotiated their price with us, we would have come here.

pretty bad

The maintenance is pretty bad. It is an older building and the room I had was not nice. There have been some plumbing issues where some of the pipes are showing rust. They have a washing machine and dryer on each floor, but the one on the second floor has not worked for a couple of years. In my place I had a little refrigerator and microwave that's supposed to be plugged in, but one of the circuit breakers went out and it was a big headache getting that addressed, and it has still not been fixed. The people that are working there are pleasant, but the people that are running the place have some work to do.

Very nice place!

My loved one lived here for 4 years before we needed to move him due to increased care needs. The Lodge at Eagle Ridge is a wonderful place, and we'd still have him here if we could! It is a beautiful property, and the staff is very friendly, it was like living in a nice hotel. I highly recommend this place!

very friendly and accommodating

They are very good at proactively communicating with us, keeping us informed of what is going on. They are always very accommodating and willing to facilitate any requests. Overall everything is going very well with The Lodge at Eagle Ridge and we would highly recommend them.

The common area into which ...

The common area into which you first enter is very welcoming. Nallely and Danielle are both knowledgeable and able to answer all of our questions. We were encouraged to call with any that we might have. The cafeteria is open all day with salad bar and sandwiches made to order. There is the option of enjoying the grill special of the day between specific hours. The facility has a license that allows them to house couples together when one of them requires assisted living but the other is independent. The apartment we were shown is very small. It would not easily accommodate a wheelchair, but it did have a door to the outside. It is a larger living community. They will make sure that residents have transportation to their home church and Bible studies if they are able to do so. There were some very strong unpleasant odors associated with the area of the building at which we were looking. The hallway was also very long and dark. A large apartment complex is being built right next door to the west of the housing area. What we did really like was the focus of the facility that everyone needs a purpose to enjoy life, and they actively pursue residents to stay involved in activities and healthy nutrition. It is also a gluten-free facility!

Everything has been great here!

Everything has been great here! My loved one is very pleased with how helpful they are! I knew it would be good, but I didn't know it would be this good! She's extremely plased with the staff! The activities are good - they do church outings and sewing activities. For the most part, I haven't heard anything negetive about the food. We really liked this location because it's near my work and home, but we also really liked how comfortable she felt there. The environment is comfortable and the director was exceptional!

mom loves this place but ha...

mom loves this place but has been asked to leave

Better than Average

I am from out of town but looking for a place for my father. I really liked this place. The staff was friendly. They had cookies at the front desk just like at some hotels. The rooms were large.

Positives - time spent with us and kn...

Positives - time spent with us and knowledge/friendliness of staff. Jason the Concierge did tour - great job. Distance to NW kidney ctr and VMC good. Costs more in-line w/budget and willing to negotiate. Neg's - phase 2 apts not accredited for AL for 2 more years. Phase 1 general public spaces in need of a decorative lift w/ better lighting. Very dark. No memory care unit. Distance from apts to dining room quite a walk.

Staff member gave me an excellent tou...

Staff member gave me an excellent tour, the apartment was the most spacious that I've seen so far, and they know people currently living there.

Loved it - the place, the people, the...

Loved it - the place, the people, the food, and the program. I can see Mom living here if she can get past the smoking issue.

This was the first facility we visite...

This was the first facility we visited and were very impressed. The Director spent over an hour with us touring and showing us all they have to offer. She introduced us to staff and residents and they seemed to really be happy. We liked the size of rooms, the variety of activities and the skilled nursing option available. Also the whole foods program. The one negative is that it is at the very top of her budget. It doesn't leave anything for the extras that will come up. This is our first choice so far.