The Kensington - Cumberland, MD

We love this facility so far. Mom was just moved in 2 days ago and she is very happy here. [Removed] is a pleasure to work with and so far we are very happy with the care. Mom says "they are so nice here and take good care of you". Thats what we like to hear.

Lovely Meals!!

My mom has recently moved into this community and so far we have had no complaints. She has really enjoyed the meals that they serve as well as the dinning experience. I like that she is now slowly starting to get involved in some of the activities that they have to offer all of there residents. I would recommend this place to anyone interested in an assisted living.

nice facility, but rooms we...

nice facility, but rooms were very small. closed in feeling

The Kensington - A Caring Facility

My Aunt entered the hospital on an emergency basis. Within days we realized that she needed to be placed in a caring facility. We contacted aplaceformom.com. They were extremely responsive and provided us with options near us. John at The Kensington Cumberland went above and beyond to help us. My Aunt was three hours away in Ohio. They facilitated getting her to the Kensington. Once there they were very helpful in assisting me with the paperwork and provided a tour of the facility. They take excellent care of my Aunt and provide me with timely follow-up calls. They have a lot of activities to keep the residents engaged.

Sounds perfect for him and possibly l...

Sounds perfect for him and possibly later for me community-wise

Nestled in the Allegheny Mountains near the source of the Potomac River, The Kensington stands as proud testament to Cumberland's storied past.

When it opened in 1926, the Algonquin Hotel was well known for its elegance and hospitality. Now on the National Register of Historic Places, it's just as accommodating as The Kensington -- a beautiful home for seniors since 1989.

The building's high-vaulted ceilings, marble floors, plush carpets and comfortable furniture create a welcoming entry. An adjacent lounge offers a scenic view of Wills Creek and historic downtown Cumberland. The family room has complete kitchen facilities for entertaining, as well as a large-screen TV.

New families are welcomed with a special dinner and introduced to the Heart to Heart interactive program. Family Traditions events are planned throughout the year, such as the annual pet show and "Deck the Halls" Christmas Party. Regular seminars are offered on a variety of topics.

These and other family services provide fellowship and support, as well as special occasions for loved ones to share good times together.

Residents enjoy picnics on the patio, Bible studies, exercise classes, dancing, and their very own chapter of the Red Hat Society. Helping at the hospital or reading to school children enable resident volunteers to feel good about themselves.