Elmcroft of Martinsburg - Martinsburg, WV

This Place Knowingly Keeps Residents With Memory Care Issues Especially if Insured ! $ ! $$$

Our relative is a resident of Elmcroft of Martinsburg, WV. This facility is well maintained and has friendly day-to-day caregivers. Although this is not a memory care facility, the management continues to retain our loved one who they recognize (for years) has memory issues. Further, during 2018 Elmcroft added a front door lock because of managements concern our relative would freely leave without managements consent, contradicting the position our relative is “capable of making decisions.” Elmcroft Martinsburg management repeatedly attempts to prevent our family from relocating our loved one, to be closer with family, under the false veil our relative is capable of making independent decisions thus remains at this same facility. We very much appreciate the fine efforts of the day-to-day caregivers yet shocked how management is uses our relative’s insurance coverage as a cash cow guaranteeing income for the facility. For these reasons we do not recommend this facility and give it an overall one star rating.

They don't have memory care at this Elmcroft (that program is called a "Heartland Community") for patients with Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia at other Elmcroft locations. In order to leave this feedback, I have to give them a rating. I done so without ever visiting or knowing their prices. The memory care was a showstopper for me.

Really loved this facility. Residents seemed very friendly and happy. Facility appeared clean and personnel were knowledgeable.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the compliment! We are glad that you chose to share your experience.

A great place

I was very impressed with the home like atmosphere as well as the caring and competent staff. Would highly recommend Elmcroft of Martinsburg.

I was very impressed with the community. It was very homey and friendly.I felt the rooms were laid out nicely. Bonnie was quite thorough and patiently entertained several of our questions. I would have liked to have seen what a month's menu consists of. However, I do look forward to taking my mom there for a visit and trying out one of their meals. Otherwise I was quite pleased. Thank you.

Excellent facility. Resident focused. Bonnie [Removed] did an exceptional and thorough tour. Even stopped to talk to residents who were ALL pleased and happy. Dont take anyones word for it. Scedule your own tour!

This Is For Us

Bonnie [Removed] is an exceptional counselor and community service educator. Her input and sincerity for people was obvious and welcome. She gave us a thorough tour of the facility. It was great. Comfortable studio style apts., exceptional staff and attention to detail and cleanliness. Made sure we talked to residents as well. ALL were genuinely pleased and happy! Plenty for residents to do and keep busy. Great food. Van trips provided on Mondays to shopping and restaurants! Very easy to make a difficult transition possible and positive!

I give Elmcroft of Martinsburg an 8!!!

Mom is doing good at this community. The staff are nice, always smiling and happy. The food is good and they offer healthy choices. The community is very clean and I would recommend it. They offer lots of activities for the residents to enjoy.

I am grateful to the staff of Elmcroft! They're a Godsend!!

I have been extremely pleased with my Mother's experience at Elmcroft!! The staff has bent over backwards to make her feel welcome and at home. The food is excellent---the chef called on her personally to ask her food preferences and to ask how he can improve on what his staff is doing. She can get her hair done on Thursdays (in-house) at a very reasonable price. She can have some of her medical tests done on the premises. There is a medical transport if there's a doctor's appointment. There are many activities and social gatherings such as ice cream socials and a Super Bowl party. Mom has a large, private room with a large bathroom. The bathroom has a large walk-in shower, shower chair, and hand-held shower heads for easier bathing. This is a wonderful service. I am truly grateful ! !

Nice Staff

They went out of their way to see us right away because we were in a hurry to find a place for my loved one. They were super accommodating. They just couldn't be nicer. Whenever I go visit, the staff seems fine.

I really liked this place.The staff were all very friendly. All the folks living there seemed happy. While there I saw groups talking about the daily news, a music session where one gentleman was up dancing. Everything looked clean and well kept.

Extremely Pleased

My husband has alzheimers and he can be difficult. I have never seen them be anything except loving towards him. Because they are so kind to him, he softens and doesn't feel the need to lash out and i am very grateful to them. I am extremely pleased.

I have found the Elmcroft Assisted Living facility to be a very caring place. My husband is dealing with Alzheimer's and it has become impossible to deal with the situation at home. The staff seems interested in my husband and they seem to appreciate him which means a lot to me.

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It was a nice looking community, but it appeared to be a bit higher level of care than my loved one needed. It was more of a "hospital" type in environment, and we thought she would do better with a more homey, comfortable atmosphere.

Ellmcroft, a Highly Recommended Alternative

Elmcroft was a welcomed answer in finding an assisted living facility for my father. The care giving has been great and it is a well kept and well run facility. The staff and administration has been wonderful to work with and my father's needs have been met. He is a challenge to deal with but their response has been positive and helpful. I would recommend this facility to any family who needs a place where their loved one will be dealt with in a respectful and knowledgeable manner.

Just wonderful!

We're very pleased with this place, they do an amazing job. It is a very nice looking, well kept, and clean facility. The staff are all very caring and professional, and the care and activities they provide are top notch! We like that there is very little staff turnover, so the residents and staff really get to know eachother. This place has truly been a blessing.

Visitors and residents of Elmcroft of Martinsburg can enjoy an afternoon browsing the shops of Shepherdstown or have dinner at one of the local taverns. Just across the bridge at Shepherdstown, you will find the Antietam Battlefield in charming Sharpsburg, Maryland. A one-hour drive from Martinsburg takes you to the landmarks of Washington, D.C., the Inner Harbor of Baltimore or the historic battlefield of Gettysburg, PA.

Elmcroft of Martinsburg is an assisted living community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Martinsburg has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Martinsburg features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.