The Haven in the Summit - Columbia, SC

This place is really nice. Everyone I saw looked happy. I think this will be the place we place mom. The activities they say they do would be great for mom.

Excellent Memory Care

I am very happy that I found The Haven for my mother.

Unsatiisfied with rate of employee terminations.

My love one has been a resident at The Haven for over 2.5 years. Within the last 6-12 months, the employee turnover
has increased tremendously. The morale of the caregivers
has decreased since the hire of the second new Resident
Service Director-[Removed].

[Removed] does not speak nicely to her subordinates. She has not introduced her self to family members, nor does
she acknowledge their presence. Since her hire the rate of
employment terminations have increased. I question the validity.

Low employee morale equals poor quality of care.

A nice place to live

My Aunt has been at the Haven for around seven months. She came from another place where she had UTI's all the time. We are still paying bills from those. Here she has not had one. The place is set up nicely. All rooms open up to the dining area and tv room, which is a large room. They have three area's. All three have there own great rooms. The place has never smelled when we have visited, which is once or twice a week. The management and employees have been wonderful all the time. They have a support group once a month for whomever wants to come and also a town hall meeting where they tell us about any changes that are being done and we can complain about anything we may think about. Which usually about missing clothes or blankets. The residents love shopping as we call it but it's just part of dementia.

The Haven - A Great Place for Mother

My mother was a resident at The Haven for several years before she passed away recently. We found the staff to be so very patient, kind, and compassionate. The biggest challenge for them was keeping track of Mother's belongings, which is typical of any facility of this type. My mother never complained about her care, the living conditions, the meals, or the staff. Early on she enjoyed interacting with the staff, making funny faces back at them, etc. The facility itself is very lovely, clean, well maintained, warm and welcoming. There are numerous places on the grounds where family and visitors alike can spend time with the residents. My family and I have always been very happy that we chose The Haven for Mother.

My prayers have been answered!

My husband is hard of hearing and has vascular dementia after having a stroke in 2007 and I have cared for him in our home. Last summer it became apparent that he needed more help and I started looking in to assisted living facilities. I was impressed with the Haven in the Summit from the minute I walked in the door. The
building is bright, no bad odor or perfume scents to cover
a bad odor. I really like that the residents' rooms open out
to the dinning/sitting room area and someone is always
there.
My husband has been at the Haven for almost 10 months and he bonded with the caregivers and residents
from day one. What a wonderful group of caregivers!!! My prayers have been answered.

Excellent Care for my parent

My Mother has been here now for 2 years. I have been more than pleased with the facility and the care she has and is being given. I do think they need more staff per hall especially during the evening and night time hours.
They have responded promptly to all my concerns and needs anytime I inquire. We did have to move to from a private to a semi-private not long ago. It has been a hard adjustment for me more than Mama. She still thinks she is returning to her old room. :) Everyone is just as helpful and pleasant on this hall as they were on the last. I would reccommend this facility to anyone that has a parent or spouse suffering from altzheimers or dementia.

Great Place

My mother has been at The Haven for the past few years and everyone on the staff at The Haven have taken great care of her. I would HIGHLY recommend this facility for anyone who has dementia or Alzheimers

Mixed experience

My experience with The Haven has been somewhat mixed, but generally I think things are improving. I had an issue with the cleanliness of the facility when my loved one first moved here, but after some suggestions they have improved their cleaning procedures that isn't an issue any longer. I also think they have some issues with being understaffed, especially on the weekends. They are satisfactory in terms of care, and I don't think it is a bad place, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review about The Haven in the Summit. We are glad to hear that some of your initial concerns have been addressed, but would very much like to speak with you regarding your concerns about staffing. Please contact us directly, and we are confident that with open communication and feedback we will continue to provide quality care and also stay focused on consistent and ongoing improvement.

Friendly and accommodating staff

They've done a great job overall at The Haven in the Summit. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and were really great about working with us through this transition. They were communicative and helpful, and very gentle with the whole family while we figured things out. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they take great care of their residents.

The staff is very friendly and helpfu...

The staff is very friendly and helpful with all our needs. My mother is very happy here.

Very nice community!

We've had a good experience with The Haven in the Summit so far! It is a very nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. They've got a lot to offer their residents, they do a great job with the care and their activities calender always looks very busy!

Excellent in all areas for ...

Excellent in all areas for dementia patients. Would love to have my mom here, but don't know if we can afford it. Great place and Marsha is wonderful.

Haven

Even though our mothers has not been at the Haven very long, so far our experience has been good.

I love the three outside secure walki...

I love the three outside secure walking areas for the demential residents. this would be great for him.

Close to family. 3 levels. Neighborho...

Close to family. 3 levels. Neighborhood would need Aid & assist before long.

We are a 60 bed secured Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care community. We promote independence and choice. We have 3 unique neighborhoods where residents are placed dependent on their personal level of cognitive function. This way their neighbors are understanding to each other because they are at the same point in the disease process.Our building is extremely detailed for all of the amenities including heated ceramic title floors in the spa bathroom but it is our exceptional resident care assistants that set us apart from the “norm” 2004 Geriatric Best Practice Award from the Sage Institute, a Duke Endowment initiative.